Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white 'glittering' dress is very regal looking, tho the fit isn't the best, and this is my favourite tiara of hers. She looks so majestic.
The beige and white suit is so polished looking.
Hasn't she worn the purple outfit before? It looks familiar to me.

Re: the fit...I think QE would benefit from more supportive underpinnings. If a very small woman, she is quite large on top. Even with custom clothes, that presents tailoring challenges.

Yes, the purple outfit was not new at the time of Zuma's State Visit. The first time she wore it was on 11 November for Armistice Day Service - the Passing of the WW1 Generation; and again during her winter break at Sandringham and a third time at Horse Guards for the arrival of the South African President.

Re: the fit...I think QE would benefit from more supportive underpinnings. If a very small woman, she is quite large on top. Even with custom clothes, that presents tailoring challenges.

IMO any comments about fit of clothing and "supportive underpinnings" need to be seen in the context of the 84 year old age of the wearer. I think this is one of the best dressed 84 year olds in the world.

I agree of course that for her age she looks fabulous. But the ubderpinnings issue is one that was true when she was young as well. She's always been short in height and well endowed. And gravity and time are no one's friend, royal or not!

I concur, she could use a bit of upper support. She does look fantastic for her age though.

Queen Elizabeth II visited Wyvern Barracks in Exeter, United Kingdom last month.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Another purple outfit. She seems to like purple lately. :)
I like this one better than the purple one she wore at the state banquet, though they are both nice.

Very regal in purple. She looks fantastic.

I concur, she could use a bit of upper support. She does look fantastic for her age though.
And, cd255, I would also say that her mother and sister both had the same genetic proportions.

Queen Elizabeth II visting Caernarfon Castle on April 27,
2010 in Caernarfon, Wales.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

(pictures originally posted by Iceflower)

I simply love this look - perfect. :)

I love this pink outfit as well. It's so bright and spring looking.

The Queen makes historic return to Caernarfon Castle on Wales trip

The pink on the Queen is quite nice - this article has a lovely picture of the Queen back at her first visit to Caernarfon which interestingly was one of the shortest dresses and coats that the Queen ever wore during the late 1960s and the outfit was very medieval as well to reflect the surroundings and the historic nature of the occasion

The pink ensemble is lovely. Such a vibrant color, it makes her stand out in the crowd.

And, cd255, I would also say that her mother and sister both had the same genetic proportions.
Yep, all three of them are/were short and well endowed. And yet they all dressed impeccably. If Margaret were alive today she would give these princesses a run for their money. ;)

Day 2 in North Wales
HM Queen Elizabeth II in Welshpool town centre on April 28, 2010 in Welshpool, Wales.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I like both the coat and the hat. Excellent choices! I had missed seeing HM in vibrant colours!!!

Both the pink and blue outfits are fantastic! I especially like the decorations on the blue coat. It adds a nice flair to it. She has the most wonderful hats.

Queen Elizabeth II hosts a reception for Civil Service Commissioners at Buckingham Palace in London, England.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Such a bright "sunny" colour on HM! :sun:

Lovely suit and colour on HM! And no surprise, she chose the perfect brooch once again!!! :flowers:

^^
I noticed the brooch as well. She has some of the nicest brooches.

I agree it's a lovely color on the Queen. She looks like she's glowing!

This bright yellow is gorgeous on HM.

HM has had style for many years now! In fact, she seems to get more fashion savvy the older she gets. :)

I hardly ever see a bad oufit on the Queen. She has a fantastic sense of style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom