Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing she's on vacation. Yikes, what an outfit.

IMO, she is "off duty" and entitled to wear pretty much what she fancies. Still quite smart for an 85 year old!

HM is on vacation. It's time to be comfortable so I think her outfit is fine. I like the scarf too.

A very unusual hat for the Queen. I'm not sure if I like it or not. The rest of the outfit is of course fabulous!

I am afraid I am not liking the new hat.. But what do i know? I am not even sure that I like her whole outfit. It is a completely new look for HM and I am still trying to make up my mind... Hmmm.

The Queen always looks so beautiful and elegant for any occasion. The hat is different from I'm used to seeing her wear. But she looks amazing as always.

I can't admit to being a fan of the hat, I 'm afaraid.

The hat looks "dated". But the color of the outfit is perfect.

I'm not keen on the hat either. It reminds me of a basket weave.

Yes, odd design. And it looks as if this hat is from the 80s which I doubt. The jacket and the colors look nice, though.

I love the blue on the Queen, but I can't say that I like the style of the hat on her. There's something that's just not right for me.

I love the color, but something is just not right for me either. Her whole outfit just isn't up to par, imho. However, HM always seems to pull it off and look ... smartly dressed. :)

It seems as though the Queen is trying new designs. I give her credit for trying new things, but this one isn't working for me.

It is not a new outfit. The Queen wore this outfit some years ago in 2005 for the Braemar Gathering. I have to say this sort of hat is not my piece of cake, but I am sure it is HM's style, remember she wore this type of hat in the 1990s, so I think the miliners were trying to do something different for lighter engagements, like the Braemar and the arrival at Balmoral, which are not high profile events.

The Queen wore a light jade green outfit for the Braemar Gathering this year. This is the second time she wears it, the first time was during her April 2008 tour of Northern Ireland when she met President Mary MacAleese at Hillsborough Castle.
I am not a fan of it.

I think the blue suit is just too wintery and thus it makes HM look bigger than she is. I don't mind that, because with this lovely smile our Queen always looks smashing!!!!!!!!

The Queen wore a light jade green outfit for the Braemar Gathering this year. This is the second time she wears it, the first time was during her April 2008 tour of Northern Ireland when she met President Mary MacAleese at Hillsborough Castle.
I am not a fan of it.

Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Braemar Gathering: HM The Queen

Yes this is a repeat from the 08 Northern Ireland Tour - it was also worn to the centenary celebrations at Queens Unveristy Belfast

I like the Queen's outfit, including her hat. I'm glad she's back to her usual hats.

I never thought of Queen Elizabeth as a style icon or something like that but in recent years she looks a bit more regal.

In the last years, the Queen has definitely become a style icon. Her fashions have changed and she looks younger, more elegant, and most of all, more regal. She is an amazing woman!

She looks good, but style icon? I don't know. Perhaps I'm not old enough yet. :lol:

I guess I am thinking style icon for someone her age. :)

Agreed. She has a wonderful style and her outfits are so well put together - she hardly has a miss. Many times she dresses even better than the younger royal ladies.

I so agree with you, Opal! Everything HM wears is always so well tailored as well as fashionable. The young ones could take a lesson from HM.. no matter her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom