The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed she has!! (The Duke has cut a dapper figure, as well)!!

Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

I think she looked very nice on the trip.

My favorites are:

The blue, very nice summer look for the queen
Queen's fashion in Canada

The red and white outfitt on the first day, lovely colours on her!

The jellow, nice soft colour!

The ones I did not liked

The dress

Don't like the pattern on this dress

Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've liked the majority of outfits that HM has worn.
I loved the redesigned dress, and the red and white outfit worn on Canada Day.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Nobility

It's wonderful to see her venture out with some new styles!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very clever of the Queen to recycle the white gown with a new decoration on it. A gown like that is expensive so it's also very cost effective. I like how the embellishments go with her sparkling jewels. Well done!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

HM has really outdone herself!! This is the best she has looked on an overseas tour, and it was such a long tour! She consistently looked fresh and elegant on every engagement, every day. Bravo to her and her team of designers!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've liked the majority of outfits that HM has worn.
I loved the redesigned dress, and the red and white outfit worn on Canada Day.
Quite right.

I thought the redesigned dress was alright, and very in keepign with HMs style. It will be interesting to see if she can recycle it yet again in the next few years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post

Don't like the pattern on this dress
Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I thought the whole ensemble, with and without the coat, looked lovely.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The photo gallery of Queen Elizabeth's outfits (Canada, 2010).

Old 07-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I thought the redesigned dress was alright, and very in keepign with HMs style. It will be interesting to see if she can recycle it yet again in the next few years!
What's nice about the white gown is it's like an open canvas because it is all white. She can pretty much do anything with it and I look forward to seeing how she alters it next time.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

My faves are the red one and the last blue one she wore.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
I really liked the red one as well, especially as it was a nod to the Canada's national colours.
Nice sentiment.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
The photo gallery of Queen Elizabeth's outfits (Canada, 2010).

Many thanks for this gallery! The 1st red outfit is the most beautiful IMO. I also liked the light blue ones and I find the dress with the bows quite interesting.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Courtier

The Queen and Prince Philip officially opened a Visitor Centre at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and there they also visited the Queen Mother Memorial Garden. (originally posted by iceflower)

Outfit Pic2 Detail Hat
Old 07-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
Nice outfit today.

As far as the Canada trip, my favourite was the yellow one with the ruffled skirt.
My least favourite was the lime and bright pink one.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Nobility

On the first day of Holyrood Week, the Queen wore a recycled outfit, but please notice the difference in hat style. The brim has been reworked since the last appearance at Eton on 27 May 2010. I think the brim has been lowered a bit further down her face IMO.

The Queen is very good in doing that: remembering the blue outfit she wore for Commonwealth Observance last year at which quite an embellished and lavish collar was placed and some wearings later the collar was away and a button installed in place of it.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
On the first day of Holyrood Week, the Queen wore a recycled outfit, but please notice the difference in hat style. The brim has been reworked since the last appearance at Eton on 27 May 2010. I think the brim has been lowered a bit further down her face IMO.

The Queen is very good in doing that: remembering the blue outfit she wore for Commonwealth Observance last year at which quite an embellished and lavish collar was placed and some wearings later the collar was away and a button installed in place of it.
Very good observation about Queen Elizabeth's outfit. I thought I saw it before with no alterations. I love everything but her wearing black shoes and purse with a summer outfit.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post

HM is known to be thrifty, and in these troubled times, she is setting a good example to her subjects!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Courtier

My favorite outfit from Canada was the lilac number.
I have enjoyed ALL of her hats. Better than Ascot!!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
The Queen and Prince Philip officially opened a Visitor Centre at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and there they also visited the Queen Mother Memorial Garden. (originally posted by iceflower)

Outfit Pic2 Detail Hat
Her majesty is pretty in pink! The overcoat is nice.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, a very lovely outfit. This colors suit her so much, the hat looks nice and black gloves together with this pink suit look quite interesting to me. I also love the brooch!