Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i can tell the dress isnt new - it is one of her timeless banquet dinners. This lady knows how to dress for the evening occassions :)
Yes you are right, she has worn it back in Canada in 2002, and for President Hu Jintao State Banquet back in 2006 i think.

Now that dress I really like. I hope she wears it again and again, it really looks good on her.

IMO the Queen is a woman that knows what looks good on her frame and has honed that skill over the years into a fine art. She is always stylishly dressed and appropriate for the occasion. She is a wonderful style icon for women of all ages! I just love to see her suits, dresses, hats and most of all her jewels. And to add, she has aged so gracefully, I applaud her for that. God Save the Queen!

She looks very nice. This soft pink color looks lovely on her.

I second that sgl, the colour looks great on her.

I love this color suit also on HM, and complimented with one of my favorite brooches. She looks great!!

:previous: :ermm: I don't like it either. It seems to drain all colour from her face. Ah well . . .we're all allowed a faux pas now and then, and hers are quite rare. :wub:

I don't care for the yellow either, but the coat is lovely and the brooch attractive.

I was unable to open the link for the outfit worn on 28 December, but I loved the coat and hat that she wore on Christmas day. The hat was really chic. I loved the feathers.

I don't believe it! I was so rivetted by the sallow yellow that I totally missed how stylish the hat itself was. Worse . . . . the beautiful brooch didn't even register. :doh:

I don't recall seeing Her Majesty in this outfit before, it really is lovely and quite an unusual colour for The Queen

To my knowledge it is new and one that is a great addition to her winter wardrobe. The style of the hat is similiar to many she currently wears

I love the detail on her hat! This soft peach color looks fantastic on the Queen. She looks wonderful!

That bright peach is lovely - really brightens up our very cold weather right now! It's si nice that the Queen has become so well dressed over the past few years.

I do think that when she goes for strong colours the Queen looks great... but pale ones wash her out. I have a real problem with her all white evening look, it just makes her disappear, she looks so much better in brights.

I love this color also on Her Majesty, it is one of my favorite colors and the brooch.....wonderful!!!

Lilibet is having a really good time fashion wise at the moment isn't she! Winter really suits her.

The Queen Attends The Opening Of The New British Legion Headquarters - Pictures - Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - The Queen And Duke Of Edinburgh Open Carole Brown Health Centre - Zimbio

I know these are repeats (although the one for the statue unveiling is a new hat for the coat isn't it?) but they are fab - quie fun looks for someone who is 83, and she looks, dare I say it, a bit glamorous. She has just got better with age, I just wish these designers had been working for her in the style desert that was the early 80's, when she looked, frankly terrible...

One thing I do find interesting is that her designers are using fur a lot more these days. I can think of about 10 day outfits (and one evening dress worn in Slovakia, or was it Slovenia? I forget) that have fur trim. She did tame the fur down for a bit, but it would seem they have sussed out that we have become a bit less furious about the use of fur generally and started using it more again. Remember the furore when poor Sophie wore a fur hat when she wasn't even on official duty! She had to apolgise. Good for the Queen I say, she looks fab in fur - whatever your feelings on the ethics of it...

James in London, I have to say that the outfit worn by The Queen during the unveiling of The Queen Mother Memorial was worn on e.g. the Passing Out Parade for Prince Harry at Sandhurst and in Canada in 2005. The hat and the coat were designed together, so nothing new has been bought for that outfit.

Fur is of course a 'hot topic', but as you say, The Queen looks glamorous in it. I really feel the worries from activists who want to create a law against wearing fur, but I really think that The Queen is conscious enough not to wear fur that often and that she uses fur from previous outfits which are no longer worn. Pheasant feathers used on royal hats regularly come from the estates, as a miliner once said. I really think that The Queen is not like film stars who really want to pay for luxury. Her recycling is also known and I admire that.

About the 1980s, the hats at the time were not that fashionable in our thoughts now, but I think when we look at pictures of ourselfs in the 1980s that we have to laugh as well, but the hat style at the time was small and towards the end of the 1980s we saw more saucer hats, e.g. wedding of the Duke and Duchess of York in 1986 and she wore a saucer hat for the 1989 Queen's Birthday Parade. It was only in the 1990s and now that more elaborate hats are the style of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom