The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

thanks,Kwan for pictures, im really adores of her.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

(Source: Getty Images)
2006 Royal Ascot

July 6, 2006-Opening the Royal Scots' Dragoon Guards' Museum

Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Source: Getty Images
June 18, 2006-Queen's Cup Polo Final

March 12, 2006-Arrival in Canberra, Australia
Old 07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Wow! Good work Kwanfan! Thank you very much... and I heard, that Elizabeth II never recycles her clothes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

June 12, 2006-Reception for the 350th anniversary of the Grenadier Guards

March 12, 2006-Visit to Singapore
Old 07-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

June 3, 2006-Epsom Derby

June 17, 2006-Trooping the Colour
Old 10-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

HM Queen recycling white coats she wores Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles Wedding in April 9,2005

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1113180991

and again she recycling outfits on state trips to Baltic state in October 16,2006
http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=72183074eg1.jpg
Old 10-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
Wow! Good work Kwanfan! Thank you very much... and I heard, that Elizabeth II never recycles her clothes
There are only a few of HM's outfits, she has not worn again yet but many of them she has worn over and over.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

HM Queen Elizabeth II wores outfits at her own 80th birthday thanksgiving services at Windsor Services on June 15,2006
http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php...e=87576_p3.jpg

and again recycling she wores on state trips to Lativa on October 18,2006
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1vj4.jpg
Old 10-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Aristocracy

It would be good to know who are the designers of Queen's clothes.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I know that this thread concern the Queen Elisbeth's recycling clothes, but do yo know if the Duchess of Corwall is recycloing her clothes as her mother in law ?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
I know that this thread concern the Queen Elisbeth's recycling clothes, but do yo know if the Duchess of Corwall is recycloing her clothes as her mother in law ?
She recycles on a regular basis .
Old 02-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Courtier

This sounds odd, but I think HM looks better in the darker shades of the pale colours. A deep purple rather than a pastel lilace, for example.

But I wonder if because she has worn such colours for so long, people expect it of "the old lady". I read an article once where many women over 60 wear pastels to brighten up their faces (ie look younger) but that really does not work for everyone---especially HM QEII.

She is a strong woman, she should dress like it.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomé
It would be good to know who are the designers of Queen's clothes.
It certainly would. Can any of the local fashion experts help out here?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
It certainly would. Can any of the local fashion experts help out here?
Royal Insight Mailbox

Quote:
Will you please tell me who designs The Queen's dresses and hats? Does she ever use American or lesser known designers for her wardrobe?
The Queen always wears clothes by British designers. She is currently wearing clothes by Stewart Parvin, Peter Erione and Karl Ludwig Rehse, who are all based in London. Her hats are designed by Philip Somerville and Marie O'Regan. She also wears outfits designed by her in-house team. The Queen talks her ideas through with her Personal Assistant, Miss Angela Kelly, then sketches of the designs are produced which are shown to Her Majesty along with samples of material for her to choose from. Clothes are then made up by The Queen's Dressmakers.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, Janet! I must say I think the Queen is looking better these days than she has for a long time, in her day outfits anyway. Not too sure about her evening wear, though - some of it has been looking very uninspired.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Karl Ludwig Rehse is originally from Essen, Germany although like Karl Lagerfeld he seems to make his home outside his native Germany.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
This sounds odd, but I think HM looks better in the darker shades of the pale colours. A deep purple rather than a pastel lilace, for example.
Well I think she looked better in the jewel colors when her hair was still dark but now that her hair is a nice pearly grey the jewel tones tend to wash her out and she looks best in the color range between the pastels and the jewel tones.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Well I think she looked better in the jewel colors when her hair was still dark but now that her hair is a nice pearly grey the jewel tones tend to wash her out and she looks best in the color range between the pastels and the jewel tones.
Really? I loved how she looked in the vibrant 'lily pulitzer'-y colors she wore on the recent American Visit. Sorry, but I think she lookes pale in the grey/pearl/oyster white she wears a lot now that her hair is silver. Also,being a jewelry watcher,I like a contrasting color for the sparkles! I also love her in deep hyacinth type purples and blues. That color really brings out her eyes.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Really? I loved how she looked in the vibrant 'lily pulitzer'-y colors she wore on the recent American Visit. Sorry, but I think she lookes pale in the grey/pearl/oyster white she wears a lot now that her hair is silver. Also,being a jewelry watcher,I like a contrasting color for the sparkles! I also love her in deep hyacinth type purples and blues. That color really brings out her eyes.
You're right the jewel tones do bring out her eyes but her skin has lost a bit of color from her younger days.

The grey/pearl/oyster is too light for her complexion but a medium soft fuchsia really brings her now more delicate coloring out more.

-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, queen elizabeth ii, style