The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

sgl, the link above was directly to the picture described, but hopefully this link will let you get there too: IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Old 12-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe it! I was so rivetted by the sallow yellow that I totally missed how stylish the hat itself was. Worse . . . . the beautiful brooch didn't even register.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://i39.tinypic.com/1z3no80.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/fykc2o.jpg 1st Feb 09 i adore this hat on the Queen and the soft peach colour is perfect on a cold winters day

Old 02-01-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z3no80.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/fykc2o.jpg 1st Feb 09 i adore this hat on the Queen and the soft peach colour is perfect on a cold winters day
I don't recall seeing Her Majesty in this outfit before, it really is lovely and quite an unusual colour for The Queen

God Save The Queen!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
I don't recall seeing Her Majesty in this outfit before, it really is lovely and quite an unusual colour for The Queen
To my knowledge it is new and one that is a great addition to her winter wardrobe. The style of the hat is similiar to many she currently wears

Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the detail on her hat! This soft peach color looks fantastic on the Queen. She looks wonderful!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

That bright peach is lovely - really brightens up our very cold weather right now! It's si nice that the Queen has become so well dressed over the past few years.

I do think that when she goes for strong colours the Queen looks great... but pale ones wash her out. I have a real problem with her all white evening look, it just makes her disappear, she looks so much better in brights.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love this color also on Her Majesty, it is one of my favorite colors and the brooch.....wonderful!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Aristocracy

Lilibet is having a really good time fashion wise at the moment isn't she! Winter really suits her.

The Queen Attends The Opening Of The New British Legion Headquarters - Pictures - Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - The Queen And Duke Of Edinburgh Open Carole Brown Health Centre - Zimbio

I know these are repeats (although the one for the statue unveiling is a new hat for the coat isn't it?) but they are fab - quie fun looks for someone who is 83, and she looks, dare I say it, a bit glamorous. She has just got better with age, I just wish these designers had been working for her in the style desert that was the early 80's, when she looked, frankly terrible...

One thing I do find interesting is that her designers are using fur a lot more these days. I can think of about 10 day outfits (and one evening dress worn in Slovakia, or was it Slovenia? I forget) that have fur trim. She did tame the fur down for a bit, but it would seem they have sussed out that we have become a bit less furious about the use of fur generally and started using it more again. Remember the furore when poor Sophie wore a fur hat when she wasn't even on official duty! She had to apolgise. Good for the Queen I say, she looks fab in fur - whatever your feelings on the ethics of it...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Nobility

James in London, I have to say that the outfit worn by The Queen during the unveiling of The Queen Mother Memorial was worn on e.g. the Passing Out Parade for Prince Harry at Sandhurst and in Canada in 2005. The hat and the coat were designed together, so nothing new has been bought for that outfit.

Fur is of course a 'hot topic', but as you say, The Queen looks glamorous in it. I really feel the worries from activists who want to create a law against wearing fur, but I really think that The Queen is conscious enough not to wear fur that often and that she uses fur from previous outfits which are no longer worn. Pheasant feathers used on royal hats regularly come from the estates, as a miliner once said. I really think that The Queen is not like film stars who really want to pay for luxury. Her recycling is also known and I admire that.

About the 1980s, the hats at the time were not that fashionable in our thoughts now, but I think when we look at pictures of ourselfs in the 1980s that we have to laugh as well, but the hat style at the time was small and towards the end of the 1980s we saw more saucer hats, e.g. wedding of the Duke and Duchess of York in 1986 and she wore a saucer hat for the 1989 Queen's Birthday Parade. It was only in the 1990s and now that more elaborate hats are the style of the day.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://i43.tinypic.com/i5p2di.jpg Commonwealth Day Service - i like this outfit especially the buttons on the hat

Old 03-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I like her hat, very nice and unordinary!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:57 AM
Nobility

I think Her Majesty The Queen recycled the white evening dress during the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace. I remember she wore this one during the banquet at the Elysee Palace during her State Visit to France in 2004.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
I think Her Majesty The Queen recycled the white evening dress during the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace. I remember she wore this one during the banquet at the Elysee Palace during her State Visit to France in 2004.
Yes you are right, it is the one that for the French State Visit. And i remember HM worn it again when the French President Chirac visited Windsor later that year.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Nobility

Thank you for saying that. I really can not believe that those who help The Queen dress up for an evening occasion, that they do not know that The Queen wore it in Paris and again at Windsor Castle for the Entente Cordiale Dinner. That is a bit of a sin. But at Windsor, the real focus lay not on the dress, but on the rarely seen emerald Godman necklace.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps it's a personal favorite? She seems to wear white for formal occasions quite a bit. I guess, it's a neutral foil for the jewels? Though I'd think that for example she was going to wear the recently trotted out Aquamarines, that a dress of carribean blue would be more complementary, but maybe that's just me. I like color co-ordinated!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Blog about Rachel Trevor Morgan's hat worn by the Queen

Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

http://i41.tinypic.com/o73btf.jpg

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...-commonwealth/
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Queen's Commonwealth wardrobe - Telegraph
Royal Collection - Queen and Commonwealth
some of the dresses which will go on display at the Palace in the summer

The Queen looked lovely and bright today at the annual Maundy Service
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 04-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen [I]never[I] disappoints stylewise. This outfit was an excellent choice.

Tags
fashion, queen elizabeth ii, style