Queen Beatrix's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen looks wonderful!!!

The Queen looks very regal in red.

I really like this look on Queen Beatrix. The black and red are a great look for Her Majesty.

Wonderful outfit! The Queen always looks brilliant in red.
I really love how the sleeves of the jacket go so nicely with the poncho.

The Queen wore a lovely, elaborate gown for today's state banquet, as well some stunning pearl jewellery.
- The gown
- The jewellery

Originally posted by Marika86 and MagMil in the State Visit thread.

Last edited:

Queen Beatrix at a concert of the Turkish Youth Philharmonic in Amsterdam on April 18, 2012,
wearing the wonderful evening dress again she has last worn in Oman in January. The dress
looks great on her only the cape doesn't match that well.

** Full view ** Full view with cape ** January 2012 **

Beautifully rich colours of her gown and the jewels just a picture IMO

Beatrix certainly has her own unique sense of style.

That's the same ensemble the Queen wore during the recent visit to Luxembourg.
I like the colours - they suit Queen Beatrix a lot - but the style isn't very flattering or attractive.

:previous:

The concert in Luxembourg in March - I've forgotten that! Thanks, Artemisia!

For the final day of the state visit, April 19, Beatrix has chosen a recycled dress and a black cape and hat:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **

As stately, regal and beautiful as ever she was - some amazing outfits on this recent visit.

Queen Beatrix has opened the renovated National Carillon and Nature Museum named "Peel & Clock Museum"
in Asten today, April 24, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery ** belga **

** ed.nl: Beatrix heropent Klok & Peel Museum in Asten ** translation **

** omroepbrabant.nl: Koningin Beatrix opent Klok & Peel Museum Asten **

Koningin in Asten - YouTube

As a second event today, Queen Beatrix has attended the national finals of the Masonry and Add championship
in Barneveld:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **

** barneveldsekrant.nl: Koningin Beatrix in Barneveld ** translation **

Queen Beatrix visited the 'Dutch Design - Huis van Oranje' exhibition at Oranienbaum Castle on April 25, 2012. The exhibition is of contemporary Dutch design and fashion as well as historical objects from the Dutch Royal Archives.

She wore an interesting purple/pale pink attire, combining it with one of her favourite pearl necklaces.
- Overall look
- Close up

Pictures originally posted by Iceflower in Queen Beatrix current events thread.

Last edited:
The Queen looks lovely in blue. Speaking of which - was there a blue/green theme this year? All Dutch royal ladies save for Maxima have opted for the colours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Posts that had nothing to do with the fashion choices have been removed!

Queen Beatrix elegant in black at a lunch hosted by Queen Elizabeth to mark her Diamond Jubilee at Windsor Castle, May 18.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

She looks great. Beatrix is always very well turned out.

Her Majesty looks fabulous.
I love the somewhat understated outfit, and the well chosen jewellery which save it from looking too sombre.
It is entirely understandable Queen Beatrix probably didn't want to look too festive, all things considered.

Who is the woman behind Queen Beatrix? Is she a lady in waiting?

Who is the woman behind Queen Beatrix? Is she a lady in waiting?
Yes, it's one of Queen Beatrix' ladies-in-waiting (hofdames). If I'm not mistaken, that's Ietje van Karnebeek-van Lede.

Her Majesty looks fabulous.
I love the somewhat understated outfit, and the well chosen jewellery which save it from looking too sombre.
It is entirely understandable Queen Beatrix probably didn't want to look too festive, all things considered.

Exactly my thoughts on her outfit.

She looks amazing as always.

Very elegant, very classic, yet still with her quirkiness. I agree with the comment that the details of the top and the jewellery save her outfit from being too sombre for the occasion.

Queen Beatrix wearing a lovely combination at the opening of the new provincial house Fryslan in Leeuwarden
today, May 22:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom