Princesses of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have preferred a dress or a skirt too. Not liking the jacket against the shirt and the pants.

Judging from a few photos I've seen of her in the past over the last hour, the use of a stylist should be something she takes full advantage of henceforth.

Last edited:
She´s young and new to the scene of merciless fashionistas...Thank goodness she marries into Royalty,not some flimpsy fashion caboodle....:lol:

Welcome Stephanie to the world of TRF!:ROFLMAO:

Theres no harm in suggesting that she take full advantage of professional stylising advice. Judging from a few photo's I've seen, she could benefit from it now that she is to take on an official and representative role.

Agree. And her hairstyles during this trip were very nice.

Of course.
But I do wonder why people expect all the ladies to dress so perfectly all time time. Top of the fashion and all things connected to it.
If she is comfortable wearing these clothes and they are not inapropriate to the occasion, why must if change.
Same goes for the Countess of Cambridge. Just because of who she married, she MUST be a fashion icon. Maybe she doesn't want to be.

Isn't it allowed for women marrying into Royalty/dukedoms, who don't really care for high fashion and just care to make sure they are dressed properly for the occasion?

I don't expect women to dress perfectly all the time. I don't care what they wear in private. Though I do believe that women in positions of dynastic status should wear appropriately tailored clothing that is beautifully made and en vogue. That the use of materials is complimentary and that the detailing and cut is flattering, appropriate and sophisticated.

Last edited:
I think she looks beautiful! Their outfits are well coordinated.

Countess Stephanie is a beautiful young lady but her choice of outfit looks too casual for official engagement photographs.
Then again, they look blissfully happy so what she chose to wear is not very relevant. :)

I prefer outfit 1 on GD Maria Teresa!

Will be interested the see the new royal fiancee and her styke the engagement photo outfit is a bit strange IMO I hope it is not a promise of things to come.

She´s young and new to the scene of merciless fashionistas...Thank goodness she marries into Royalty,not some flimpsy fashion caboodle....:lol:

Welcome Stephanie to the world of TRF!:ROFLMAO:

I agree - but you were more polite than I might have been. Poor girl, TRF fashionistas don't give any ground for a newbie!

MT and HGD seemed to have coordinated their outfits while Stephanie and Henri coordinated with each other :)

They all look very nice and happy. I can't wait for the wedding!

I really like what the Grand Duchess wears; it's very elegant and flattering.
Stephanie would have looked quite nice too had it not been for the bright clutch and shoes.
She probably wanted to break the dullness of beige and white, but the pink was a wrong choice for that.

The outfit is something I could see on MT, Mathilde or Maxima.
I do understand she wanted something clean, simple but this didn't work well especially color wise. She is too pale for neutral colors. Her hair do was pretty and I'm glad she took time for make up unlike the official pictures released yesterday.

Is Grand Duchess Maria Teresia's outfit by Armani? It surely has got all Armani elements.

Last edited:
Stephanie wears Natan :bang:
But red suits her. First outfit was nice, only colors washed her out. I'm not very exited by her outfits but she plays with them in simple and elegant way. Nice up-do too. Hope that her style will develop and she will be nice too watch (and comment) in the future.

The dress is absolutely gorgeous; Stephanie looks like a Princess already.
I daresay Natan is now a firm favourite for a wedding gown designer.

Can't say I am a fan of the design. Red looks good on her though.

So nice to have a tall, slim, blue-eyed blonde with gorgeous complexion to watch!

Im not surprised at all she choose Natan, its an obvious choice.
The red dress looks stiff unlike the runway. I disliked the red jacket, quite old for her matched with such a dress.

Countess Stephanie de Lannoy

Official picture announcing the engagement dressed in navy blue top & pants matched with a white jacket.

Close up ** Full view

I don't mind the white jacket but it does age her a bit. I would've preferred a dress or skirt for the official picture instead of pants.
Maybe she wore this outfit so the groom to be wouldn't feel the need to wear a tie. My problem with the white jacket is the length. I just don't like the look of a jacket that is shorter than the top/blouse/shirt underneath.

I love Stephanie's white outfit! I thought it looked good with the pink even though it would have still looked nice without it. I dislike the red dress. I don't like the red dress itself and I think the jacket does not make the look better.

Countess Stephanie de Lannoy

Official picture announcing the engagement dressed in navy blue top & pants matched with a white jacket.

Close up ** Full view

Most of the time I hardly could care less how someone looks like but this is a big no no, Especially for an official engagement picture. It's something I would wear if I would hang out the whole day at home or if I would clean up.

But like it was said before they look very happy and I'm happy they have found each other!

Most of the time I hardly could care less how someone looks like but this is a big no no, Especially for an official engagement picture. It's something I would wear if I would hang out the whole day at home or if I would clean up.

You would wear dress pants and a lace jacket to clean your house? I must be a real pig then because I usually wear jeans or sweats when I clean.

Maybe I haven't been here long enough but I didn't realize engagement photos get picked apart so much. Makes me never want to have any taken for myself.

It was mismatched IMO, but I do love the lacey jacket a lot! I'd definitely wear it myself. :wub:

Stephanie her red dress today is from Natan.

Although I didn't like the shape of the short jacket, I have to say that the dress' colour and design quite surprised me. It was quite lovely and impressive! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at the Monarchs Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle on May 18, wearing a pink dress and coat.

The colour is great, the cut is fine for her, nevertheless she reminds me a bit of a pink fruit bonbon ;)

** Full view **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom