Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 9: June 2017 - March 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Beatrice's outfit today. :flowers:

Eugenie's outfit is inexplicable. :huh: :argh:

I thought Beatrice looked charming but I think an updo would do wonders for her hat, neck and shoulder line.

I thought Beatrice looked charming but I think an updo would do wonders for her hat, neck and shoulder line.

I agree. :flowers: I just saw her with her hair up and she looks more mature and together. Her face comes to the fore, and it's an interesting face. The long flowing locks don't work for her because her hair is not thick (like Kate's, for example) and it's like a continual adolescent 'look'. She'd likely look good in some version of a bob. JMO. :flowers:

These two girls frustrate me to no end with their clothing. They need to hire a stylist.

LaRae

There were reports that Andrew hired one for them after William's wedding but if so they have since left and/or the girls don't listen or care. They have no idea what looks good on them or they have advisors who enjoy making them the laughing stock of the BRF.

Beatrice looks really lovely. The dress is beautiful. :flowers:

Eugenie I quite like the dress. It just doesn't fit up top right. :sad:

I like they experiment. They don't dress matronly to be non offensive. They are like women their age, trying new things and trends.

I like they experiment. They don't dress matronly to be non offensive. They are like women their age, trying new things and trends.

I see nothing regarding what they do as trendy. :sad:

Many did not like Cressida Bonas' style but she was always experimenting and looked great into the bargain. It can be done. The key is to know one's body.

Last edited:
The thing is that Cressida has a lot more leeway for being trendy and experimenting...clothes are made for her body type.

Girls like Beatrice and Eugenie have a very specific body type, even when not carrying extra weight they are curvy. You simply cannot (should not) wear certain styles when you have this type...wear things that work with your body type. They can do it, now and then they hit on a style that looks great on them and instead of sticking with it they try to do the trendy thing...and it doesn't work.

LaRae

I see nothing regarding what they do as trendy. :sad:

Many did not like Cressida Bonas' style but she was always experimenting and looked great into the bargain. It can be done. The key is to know one's body.

Them looking trendy vs trying new trends are very different things.

They are trying different trends. Things you see in magazines and on women in the street in this decade.

Are they trendy? No. That doesn't mean they don't try out new trends, it means they are unsuccessful at it. They unfortunately take chances that often don't flatter their body. But they are still experimenting and still trying.

I'd rather hits and misses, then which shade of blue coat dress this week. Or since you mention Cress, was 90s tv show she is going for this week.

If they get a stylist they need someone their age. They need help picking trends that suit them. No need for grandmas closet for twenty years or more.

Beatrice and Eugenie at the V&A Summer Party in partnership with Harrods at the Victoria and Albert Museum today, June 21:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Oh dear. I don't like either outfit!

Beatrice is nice! For Eugenie this dress not flatter her!

I don't think that the sleeveless styles work so well on Eugenie, but she wears so many of them it must be a comfort thing. This cocktail dress seems very comfortable for a hot muggy evening. The impressionistic print is very nice.

Bea's dress seems badly tailored. There's some unfortunate sewing details at the end of the darts seams that, unfortunately, looks sort of nipple-ish.

Beatrice's pale underskirt lining was also riding up quite a bit in a few of the Getty image photos.

Total miss for both women but that is normal these days. They have no taste and no one seems to ever tell them. No doubt they tell each other they look great and their mother tells then that as well and they don't listen to anyone else. They look totally awful at this event.

The colors of Eugenie's dress have a lot of potential for her..but the style...a miss.

Beatrice...that was not well thought out.

LaRae

No taste for either. They have a lot of resources at their disposal, so no excuse. They are not beauties or built wonderfully, but they are young and can look fresh and tasteful for their age. Have they no mirrors.

No taste for either. They have a lot of resources at their disposal, so no excuse. They are not beauties or built wonderfully, but they are young and can look fresh and tasteful for their age. Have they no mirrors.

Their hourglass figures are quite lovely...they just have to dress for that instead of wearing things not at all suited for women with curves.

LaRae

Fashion is a matter of opinion. They both have worn plenty of great outfits. Eugenie has been in top picks in fashion polls a few recent weeks.

As everyone keeps insisting, they are private citizens not working royals. Except at trooping or events with the queen, they really owe no one an explanation.

I like the colors Eugenie is wearing. Would look better in the style of her dress from last week.

Beatrice is a miss. Hate the pockets on her boobs the most.

Neither sister looks attractive.
They really need someone to advise them who has their best interests at heart.

They can look nice when they make the right choices. Eugenie looked very elegant at the recent wedding of Pippa and James Matthews.

Neither sister looks attractive.
They really need someone to advise them who has their best interests at heart. They can look nice when they make the right choices. Eugenie looked very elegant at the recent wedding of Pippa and James Matthews.
I completely agree! And today's Ascot look for Beatrice is not a good one. The blue dress makes her hips look about 3x as wide as they really are. Eugenie on the other hand looks very nice in her red dress. The cut is wonderful on her.

I actually think both look nice. However nice Eugenie looks in red is offset by the hugeness of the red skirt. I also like Beatrice's entire outfit. Also happy to not see her hair hanging down.

I agee with the previous poster --- they need a stylist who has their best interests in mind. There is great potential in both ladies

I will be the first person to tell you that when it comes to fashion, its not my milieu or something that actually draws my attention too much but there's just something about Ascot week that draws one into it.

As far as Beatrice and Eugenie and what they wear, I think it was amplified best by the presentation of the two royal princesses in the TV series called "The Royals". They were always seen wearing garish and outfits so out of whack with their persons that it was comical.

Found this article that describes what I'm talking about.

The Royals sisters bear striking resemblance to Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I love the way Beatrice did her hair. The braid looks great on her.

I don't like that braid. IMO, it's decidedly sloppy and clumsy looking with a very dressy hat that calls for sleeker coiffure.

The color-blocked dress of hers, while accentuating her trim waist, is out of sync with the flower-embellished hat. The color block pattern also makes it appear from the front that's she's wearing a backpack.

When you see photos of her from the back, it's even more apparent that the dress, hat and hair do not go together.

Eugenie's dress is her color for sure. Red is always fantastic on her. This dress could have been more carefully sized for her, and the hair is a bit casual with her nice big hat, but overall, entirely acceptable.

How pretty Beatrice looks in the picture with Tim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom