Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 9: June 2017 - March 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of posts and comments have been removed as off-topic and insulting. Please stay respectful both towards the people you discuss and your fellow TRF members. Thank you!

I find much to dislike in the way both women dress but I would never consider they are disrespectful in terms of wearing inappropriate outfits or accessories. I think the footwear is an example of a slightly dubious choice in relation to the rest of the outfit. Looking forward to seeing their fashion choices in 2018. At least this thread never gets dull!

:previous: You are so right! Every time I go to click on this thread I hesitate just a moment wondering if it's going to be totally gorgeous or g**awful. Let's face it, there is so much disparity between their best and worse that mostly nobody even bothers about their hair,

If an ensemble is wonderful I find myself releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding and if it is awful that breath rushes out in a gust of disappointment. But love them or hate them, those ensembles never fail to intrigue, amaze, shock, but rarely disappoint me either way.

I have to admit, I thought both Beatrice and Eugenie would have established a firm style by now but when I think about that I can only think of one royal who has a set style and that is Sarah Chatto.

Interesting coat. Would like to know if it has been identified and see a picture that shows its shape.

I quite like Eugenie's cape coat ....the color is lovely. I'm pretending to not see the black tights.

I really like the color of Beatrice's coat ..not sure about the style though.

LaRae

Also like Eugenie’s cost and love the color. Agree Pranter about her sister, though I like her tam.

I quite like Eugenie's cape coat ....the color is lovely. I'm pretending to not see the black tights.

LaRae

Better black tights than no tights!
(Someone who is pale just looks awful bare-legged.)

What was Beatrice thinking? :eek:

There are other options than bare legs and black tights though!

LaRae

Better black tights than no tights!
(Someone who is pale just looks awful bare-legged.)

What was Beatrice thinking? :eek:
She was thinking she didn't want to wear black tights to church today.
She looks like she has stockings on IMO. There's a sheen there wouldn't be there if she had bare legs. Perfectly appropriate and not unusual.

I don't have a problem with the fact that Beatrice isn't wearing tights - she is covered up in her arms and is wearing an appropriate coat so that compromises. The CofE is not so strict that they wouldn't let her into the service for showing her legs. At my (CofE) church in the summer, many people wear dresses that show some leg, but they compromise by covering their arms with a cardigan.

I adore the colour of Eugenie's coat but I don't really like how she's trying to wear it as a cape - not really my cup of tea.

She was thinking she didn't want to wear black tights to church today.
She looks like she has stockings on IMO. There's a sheen there wouldn't be there if she had bare legs. Perfectly appropriate and not unusual.

The news article said she was bare-legged.

I wasn't considering whether or not it was appropriate but how it looked- pasty.

I don't get the issue with not wearing tights. Tights or lack there of don't make a look conservative. Her knee length coat is far more conservative then her sister's much shorter skirt, even if Eugenie has black tights on. As for pasty, speaking for someone who looks like a ghost even in a tropical country, it has never stopped me from not wearing tights all the time with a skirt.

Fashion:

Love Eugenie's cape. Beautiful color and style on her. She looks great :flowers:

Beatrice looks lovely. Great color on her.?

As for pasty, speaking for someone who looks like a ghost even in a tropical country, it has never stopped me from not wearing tights all the time with a skirt.

As a fellow ghost, I don't like how it looks when I don't wear tights with a skirt...very pale legs just don't look attractive, imo.

I realize others may feel differently. :flowers:

As a fellow ghost, I don't like how it looks when I don't wear tights with a skirt...very pale legs just don't look attractive, imo.

I realize others may feel differently. :flowers:

So in the summer you wear tights, or long pants in the heat??? I guess I never took the 'I should hide my legs in shame'. I am going to wear what is comfortable, not going to cover my legs because I am not a bronzed beauty. And Beatrice should not feel shamed into doing it either.

The other day we (grandkids too) were watching something set back in the 1800's, anyway they wanted to know about ladies carrying parasols so I explained that back then if you had tan skin it meant you were working/lower class. Ladies tried to keep their skin very protected.

How things change!

Beatrice and Eugenie at the Sunday church service today, January 21 -nice colours for both:

** Beatrice & Eugenie ** Beatrice **
Wow, both women look really good. A few might find Eugenie's new coat/cape length a little short but it is a great look on her and forest green looks fabulous on her although she is wearing black stockings or pantyhose rather than heavy winter tights. Unfortunately, her fussy, frilly fascinator and big floppy satin bows on her shoes are at war more severe cut of her coat/cape.

On the other hand, Beatrice is recycling her Christmas coat but has also gone with a pared down "look". Her unadorned black beret is placed in such a way as to keep her hair falling down her back and not all over the place and the change from black tights to nude stockings or pantyhose and plain black patent courts gives a much more elegant look. Black gloves and clutch finish her ensemble.

So in the summer you wear tights, or long pants in the heat??? I guess I never took the 'I should hide my legs in shame'. I am going to wear what is comfortable, not going to cover my legs because I am not a bronzed beauty. And Beatrice should not feel shamed into doing it either.

Yes I do, but I am quite comfortable, since I'm rarely too warm, even in tropical temperatures.

They both looked very nice.

Eugenie and her Dad seemed a little ... tired? It's rare to see Prince Andrew look bleary-eyed.

Yes I do, but I am quite comfortable, since I'm rarely too warm, even in tropical temperatures.
Umm, it's winter over there at the moment and in summer she may very well burn very quickly.

I think she is wearing nude coloured tights which is perfectly appropriate. Both ladies look fine for church-going.

Eugenie looking lovely in a flower print dress on her engagement photos today, January 22:

** Full view **

They look adorable together. Her hair is such a gorgeous color.

The news article said she was bare-legged.

I wasn't considering whether or not it was appropriate but how it looked- pasty.

I don't believe everything that is written...especially from the Daily Mail. Nude pantyhose/tights would not necessarily be immediately obvious.

Beatrice is very fair--it comes with her red hair. There is little she can do about that except embrace it. She shouldn't be shamed for the skin tone she was born with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom