Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 8: June 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugenie looks amazing. Best I can say for Bea is great color.

I'm echoing the previous posters' thoughts: Eugenie looks wonderful, but Beatrice looks quite the opposite.

Eugenie looks very nice.

I don't care for Beatrice's dress- too voluminous, looks like she is wrapped in bedsheets.

Still, they both look better than their mother.

Lol, that's the most obvious thing. I think that Eugenie might be on the way of some fashion hits, hopefully!

I like her outfit over all, age appropriate and nice :flowers:

But I hate booties :bang: Though Cress' sneakers with her dress is worse :ermm:

Eugenie has recently worn more flattering and less cluttered styles whereas Beatrice appears to be reverting to a more flamboyant look which allows the clothes to dominate her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I really like this dress, the color and pattern is great:flowers:

Ooh! I think that with another six inches on that skirt, Eugenie would have looked smashing. That is a huge pattern and I think it would look better on a longer skirt which would have given the dress/top & skirt a 50s vibe, which Eugenie seems to like, accentuated her narrow waist and covered her knees. I like the wide shoulder line on her.

Last edited:
I like this one it really suits her lovely for Summer.

If Eugenie keeps showing off lovely outfits as the one of yesterday, I think she will eventually make it into fashion!

I think it makes her body look so squared off!

It's a pretty dress but I don't believe it suits Eugenie.

I agree glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. This style never suits her she has the wrong body shape for it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think it would look a lot better on her if it looked more like this: http://ladyvlondon.com/images/T/xctmpm8BRun.png
i.e. a lot longer, which would make her look less chunky. The top could be more fitted than it is, too. She has the sort of voluptuous shape that was popular in the 50s, and those dress styles suit her body shape.

Last edited:
Ooh! I think that with another six inches on that skirt, Eugenie would have looked smashing. That is a huge pattern and I think it would look better on a longer skirt which would have given the dress/top & skirt a 50s vibe, which Eugenie seems to like, accentuated her narrow waist and covered her knees. I like the wide shoulder line on her.

Yes I agree with this assessment. I quite like this dress and it could be a real stunner with a few tweaks as you suggest.

Yes I agree with this assessment. I quite like this dress and it could be a real stunner with a few tweaks as you suggest.

The York girls never seem to make the tweaks which would make them chic rather than just presentable. Is it because the majority of their frocks are on loan from the designers and are therefore "not to be tweaked"?

The York girls never seem to make the tweaks which would make them chic rather than just presentable. Is it because the majority of their frocks are on loan from the designers and are therefore "not to be tweaked"?
Why do you suggest this? Is there evidence that they wear loans and that the loaners tell them they cannot accessorize? What's your source?

Think your right it would explain a lot

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Why do you suggest this? Is there evidence that they wear loans and that the loaners tell them they cannot accessorize? What's your source?

My definition of tweak is modify...alter...change...not accessorize. It's not unusual that designers would lend well-known women clothing. And since neither woman ever seems to wear the same thing twice*, even things that are very flattering or suitable or well-fitted, it's an educated guess on my part, a guess that I stand by.

*Exception: Eugenie's New York work wardrobe

My definition of tweak is modify...alter...change...not accessorize. It's not unusual that designers would lend well-known women clothing. And since neither woman ever seems to wear the same thing twice*, even things that are very flattering or suitable or well-fitted, it's an educated guess on my part, a guess that I stand by.

*Exception: Eugenie's New York work wardrobe

I agree about "tweak". I think your theory sounds reasonable, but the idea raises questions about this business of designers lending clothes that I hadn't thought about before. It is not a subject I know much about.

I would have thought that designers would make their clothes up in the tiny sizes that their models wear on the catwalk, and neither of the York girls is in that category, so how does it work? Do the designers make up some of their clothes in larger sizes specially for certain women and lend them out to these women and then take them back? I didn't think designers of the sort who would be lending out clothes sold their creations in larger sizes, so what do they do with them when they get them back? Perhaps it all just done as part of the designer's advertising budget and they are just destroyed. And if we are not talking about hugely expensive top notch designer creations, surely Beatrice and Eugenie would be able to buy a few of them and would not have to just borrow them. I have no idea, and I'm now curious.

I think if designers lend clothes, they make sure they look very well on the wearer. By and large, neither of these girls dress well. I assume it is their taste and lack of mirrors. Once and a while they get it right. It really wouldn't matter, except for all the PR.

I had to bring this over here: Fergie hits LouLous with daughters Princess Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I had to because I'm going to say something I don't recall having said before. I think both Beatrice and Eugenie look fabulous in these evening outfits. Yep, both of them! Eugenie especially. And if Sarah's dress wasn't satin, and wasn't too tight, I'd say she looked pretty good, too, but it is too tight, and whenever she wears satin I am reminded of Belle Watling. :D

Last edited:
Eugenie's looks fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow there are all sorts of wrong in that dress Sarah is wearing and I don't think the fact it's too tight or made of satin are the worse things about it. It is just an ugly dress they were going out to dinner. Eugenie looks good and so does Bea.

i'm not sure I like this dress... the lines are not a good view.. something is missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom