Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 7: April 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Eugenie's dress. It looks much better in the closeup. I also liked her her heels were black and white.

Beatrice, although floral, was a miss. The high waist did not look right.

I love Eugenie's dress. The color and the unusual pattern are fabulous, and love the classic cut of it. Not a fan of the fascinator but then again I never am. Love the shoes.

Bea is a miss. I actually quite like the print, but just not for this event. And the dress itself, including the high waist, are misses.

You are all very forgiving - far more forgiving than me. I think both Beatrice and Eugenie look a mess. These are two very well bred women well into their 20s. They should know how to put together a classy outfit that suits their bodies by now, but they can't. Is it a hereditary flaw that has been passed onto them from their mother? Even if it is, they could do something about it if they sought help. They can both look really lovely/smart in the right clothes, but again and again they fall short.

What's even worse is that Eugenie's outfit actually matches nicely, but she still doesn't look right. What is the problem? Is it deportment? Wrong choice of colour? And Beatrice looks like she's wearing a maternity dress. And they are both in dire need of an appointment with a good hairdresser.

Where is Gok Wan when you need him?

Last edited:
Roslyn, I have to agree. Bea's black and white dress is quite pretty, but for a spring garden party I would prefer something lighter and more, well, springy. And Eugenie...oh my. I think we've seen this outfit before, or at least, the skirt. It really is not attractive.

Both ladies outfits weren't pretty.

Beatrice's dress could've passed for a maternity dress. The print and colors are aging and dark for a spring day and garden party.

Eugenie's dress print looked childish and it was unflattering.

Well, both outfits looked frumpy - altho' I liked Bea's hat.
I give them credit for supporting their Grandmother - spending an afternoon making small talk with complete strangers probably wouldn't be any young lady's idea of a great time.

Oh lordy these outfits for the garden party are unflattering to both ladies. Just when I think they are honing down their style they break out again. I really do struggle to find anything nice to say about what they are both wearing on this occasion.

Ho No, I did think they were starting to get their act together, and now this !!! I agree Elly C there isn't anything good to say. !

I think Beatrice's is ok but Eugenie's what she thinking?

In broad terms, I think the overall appearance of the York girls has improved quite considerably in the last 5 years. There are always specific niggles, but IMO, it all appears to be heard in the right direction.

My bigger point is the sheer amount of money they appear to spend on designer clothes, which are rarely repeated. Are they being encouraged by their mother to spend, spend, spend? I know they are princesses of the realm and they must be well turned out, but some thrifty reusing of the designer wear will certainly not be a miss. At this rate, ypu can see them fritter away their inheritance s.

Beatrice looks okay, but I just don't understand Eugenie's outfit. It looks childish and frumpy all at the same time.

I really don't want to be critical. But, I can never think of a time when I've thought either of them looked great. My own daughter recognized her particular style in her early teens and dressed accordingly. Neither of the York sisters seems to have any idea about her own style. Their clothes are often too tight, too short, etc. I wish I could take them shopping. I imagine there are others here would like to do the same. Smile...

Neither of the York sisters seems to have any idea about her own style. Their clothes are often too tight, too short, etc.

I agree; they simply don't know how to choose clothes that flatter them.
Sometimes I wonder whether they have a mirror in that flat at St. James.

It's bad enough when they are separated, but when they are together...horrors!

They'd be better off hiring a decent stylist rather than simply spending a fortune on designer clothes.

Last edited:
Well, I do think they hear their own fashion muse. And I do think they both try to wear flattering silhouettes.
But I do agree they look a bit overwhelming when together. They look like a cliche of dressing up, to me.
That said, they look a lot better than many people I see out and about.
And I'm always happy for people who just have their own style and rock it. We don't have to like it, but I think it polite to admire women with a fashion spine!

I thought the ladies looked nicely dressed today for the garden party.

Even though I thought Beatrice looked good, her headpiece was a childish and her outfit would've looked better for another official event, a bit dressy IMO for a garden party.

I find most, if not all, fascinators ugly and often childish so nothing different here for me :ermm:

I actually really like Eugenie's skirt. Nice summery color. I agree, that the shirt seems a ill-fitted in the picture though.

Bea's dress is quite nice. Not sure about it for a garden party, but a good dress and really nice on her. Perhaps better suited for another event.

Fascinators rarely work for me. I share the comment aired earlier on this forum that these girls seem to have endless formal outfits they wear on just one occasion. They don't seem to have a good working wardrobe that they can mix and match. I don't like continually finding fault with these young ladies' fashion, but IMO they urgently need some sartorial advice.

This time I almost dislike more the outfit sported by Eugenie. That kind of top really puts me off...

The Eugenie's is awfull !!!! Beatrice's better!!

Frankly they both look fine, I find nothing hideous about their outfits. I don't like their choice of perch fascinators, but I don't like that style on anyone. A proper hat is needed for events like this to be honest.

They always remind me of girls with to much money but not a lot of taste ......which is a shame because they are both good looking girls

Today Beatrice (almost) got it right. I think that dress and little jacket looked very nice. The fascinator matched nicely, but this was a garden party, not the races, and I think it called for a grown-up hat.

Eugenie would have looked much better if she'd chosen a smart blouse in the blue, not white, and one that covered her shoulders. Bare upper arms are not for her. I don't like the feathered thing on her head, and again think she would look better with a proper hat. Oh, and she needs to stop wearing her silver evening shoes during the day.

They either have a great look or a awful look....more often than not it's awful. The white dress worn by Eugenie the day before was stellar....then she wore this..ugh.

LaRae

They need a different shape altogether. The full short skirt just doesn't work for either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They look okay today - but their hats are ridiculous. I don't mind precariously perched hats, but these appear as though they were constructed by fifth graders.

Today Beatrice (almost) got it right. I think that dress and little jacket looked very nice. The fascinator matched nicely, but this was a garden party, not the races, and I think it called for a grown-up hat.

Eugenie would have looked much better if she'd chosen a smart blouse in the blue, not white, and one that covered her shoulders. Bare upper arms are not for her. I don't like the feathered thing on her head, and again think she would look better with a proper hat. Oh, and she needs to stop wearing her silver evening shoes during the day.

I agree with everything you've said Roslyn - Beatrice's outfit was lovely, the silhouette IMO works well with her body shape and the colour choices were not over-the-top but made what would have otherwise been a plain navy dress interesting. A proper hat would have been 100% better than those stupid things that look like they are about to fall off.

Eugenie has to be careful when wearing white because she has such pale skin. A cropped blazer would have broken up the whiteness of her upper body and 'finished' the look off nicer.

I'm not going to lie - I typically like what Beatrice and Eugenie wear about 75% of the time. I would wear a lot of what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom