Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 6: May 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 6 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 5: January 2013 - May 2014 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Just seen pics of Beatrice at a garden party yesterday and she was dressed like a dog's dinner. She should have looked elegant at an event like this but it looked like she had just grabbed the first set of clothes, hat and shoes that came to hand, nothing matched, a real mess.

:previous::ohmy::ohmy::eek::eek::eek:
I so agree with you, what the heck was she thinking or better yet, she sure wasn't thinking about going out with her grandmother the Queen. She is a disgrace, wedges of all things with that outfit......that hat from nowhere in the back of anybody's closet............that blouse with rhinestones on the color with a floral skirt....................yikes, good gravy PB, who picks your clothes needs a huge lesson in fashion..................I know many people with so much less that dress better then you any day of the week and you with all your money and position should give a damn on how you look in public with your grandmother.

I am not usually a fan of Beatrice's sartorial choices, but I think she looked just fine yesterday. It was a hot day, and the bright skirt and light top worked, IMO. The wedges were a practical choice for the grass. The hat was a nice simple (for her!) affair that topped off the whole look.

Query whether she should have brought out the butterfly hat she wore to the wedding of Autumn and Peter Phillips?

She looked fine. She has a fairly outspoken taste end taste is very personal. I like the skirt end while I would have picked a different blouse and shoes I like the way she looked here.

I am not usually a fan of Beatrice's sartorial choices, but I think she looked just fine yesterday. It was a hot day, and the bright skirt and light top worked, IMO. The wedges were a practical choice for the grass. The hat was a nice simple (for her!) affair that topped off the whole look.

Query whether she should have brought out the butterfly hat she wore to the wedding of Autumn and Peter Phillips?

This choice was just as bad as her hat, a short sleeve blouse with NO rhinestones(rhinestones on anything are so trashy), flats in any color from the skirt which by the way is the only perfect part of her outfit today. I love the skirt.....and no hat, just her long shiny hair, maybe a small belt would be a nice accessory. This is way over done............no thought process at all, chose your clothes the night before when you know where your going the following day, surely she could do this, she is single and has little responsibilities, working mothers I know find 5 minutes to chose their clothes the night before work (mostly in a professional field where clothes matter due to the job). I gather over the years she has not been taught how to dress for her position, body type, nor coloring.
This doesn't mean I think she is a bad/ugly person, it's just her clothing choices really need some help or a stylist helping her. She is a princess of Great Britain not some girl trying to look nice, she clearly has everything at her finger tips to make better choices.

This choice was just as bad as her hat, a short sleeve blouse with NO rhinestones(rhinestones on anything are so trashy), flats in any color from the skirt which by the way is the only perfect part of her outfit today. I love the skirt.....and no hat, just her long shiny hair, maybe a small belt would be a nice accessory. This is way over done............no thought process at all, chose your clothes the night before when you know where your going the following day, surely she could do this, she is single and has little responsibilities, working mothers I know find 5 minutes to chose their clothes the night before work (mostly in a professional field where clothes matter due to the job). I gather over the years she has not been taught how to dress for her position, body type, nor coloring.
This doesn't mean I think she is a bad/ugly person, it's just her clothing choices really need some help or a stylist helping her. She is a princess of Great Britain not some girl trying to look nice, she clearly has everything at her finger tips to make better choices.

That's quite a harsh comment.

Perhaps someone could kindly post a link showing the outfit, so others may form an opinion ? Thanks.

Thankyou dbarn67 !

Uff {where to begin?}

The Hat is misplaced [should be angled and further forward], although it goes with the blouse. The skirt is fine, but my main problem is with the wedges. They are just WRONG ! Wrong colour and wrong shape. A simple pair of cream court shoes or pumps would have been perfect.

Not pumps to walk on grass! I think the wedges are fine, though perhaps a different color would be better.

I like the skirt but that hat just looks weird, a giant flower plopped atop a boat-shaped base!

Not pumps to walk on grass! I think the wedges are fine, though perhaps a different color would be better.

I agree, taupe or gold coloured wedges may have been better.

That's quite a harsh comment.

Really, we all are entitled to our Own Opinion and it wasn't harsh! It is the darn truth, she does not know how to put clothes together most of the time, it looks sometimes like she just grabbed the first thing she saw and went out the door.............yikes! Look in a mirror...maybe this is the young people today.......always in a hurry and going no where most of the time.

The outfit was Bad, just plain Bad. The only thing in the entire outfit was the skirt which was wonderful for that occasion. The blouse...now who in the heck wears rhinestones on their clothes in this day and age.......haven't seen that for decades now, not even on cowboys/cowgirls! The shoes, a really pretty pair of flats in a color from the skirt would be perfect, walking on grass for a long period of time can be hard on the feet (this I know for sure)wedges/pumps/heels can all quickly turn an ankle(this I also know for sure)so flats and there are thousands of really pretty flats out there. The hat...........yikes, it was totally wrong, the color, the shape, and the position on her head....that hat was too fancy for that skirt.

I don't dislike her, she is a cute little girl who is making some bad fashion choices and fashion for her should be front and center because of her position in life, being the granddaughter of the Queen means you dress more with care then others do.......your representing the Queen when your with her, this is a symbol of the country and she should be aware that everytime she is out and about doing something in the way of representing her country she should take more then just normal care with her choices in clothes.......the first thing a person sees when viewing another person on first impression is *your appearance*, that is a given, so I think she and her sister need help. And yes I do have strong opinions about clothes and being seen in public and no I am not someone who has to care about that, it's just the way my grandmother brought me up. I still wear hats to this day, sometimes gloves and always look like a lady with class/taste or whatever, appearances do count in this day and age and we all should be aware of that. Sorry for preaching!

Really, we all are entitled to our Own Opinion and it wasn't harsh!

Of course we are all entitled to our own opinions, that's what makes TRF the vibrant forum it is.

It is the darn truth, she does not know how to put clothes together most of the time, it looks sometimes like she just grabbed the first thing she saw and went out the door.............yikes! Look in a mirror...maybe this is the young people today.......always in a hurry and going no where most of the time.

The outfit was Bad, just plain Bad. The only thing in the entire outfit was the skirt which was wonderful for that occasion. The blouse...now who in the heck wears rhinestones on their clothes in this day and age.......haven't seen that for decades now, not even on cowboys/cowgirls! The shoes, a really pretty pair of flats in a color from the skirt would be perfect, walking on grass for a long period of time can be hard on the feet (this I know for sure)wedges/pumps/heels can all quickly turn an ankle(this I also know for sure)so flats and there are thousands of really pretty flats out there. The hat...........yikes, it was totally wrong, the color, the shape, and the position on her head....that hat was too fancy for that skirt.

Whilst we are all entitled to our own opinions, I think it is always better to preface a view (unless it is a statement of fact) with a statement suggesting that is indeed your opinion. In my experience, this may lead to fewer people taking umbrage.

The blouse...now who in the heck wears rhinestones on their clothes in this day and age.......haven't seen that for decades now, not even on cowboys/cowgirls! The shoes, a really pretty pair of flats in a color from the skirt would be perfect, walking on grass for a long period of time can be hard on the feet (this I know for sure)wedges/pumps/heels can all quickly turn an ankle(this I also know for sure)so flats and there are thousands of really pretty flats out there. The hat...........yikes, it was totally wrong, the color, the shape, and the position on her head....that hat was too fancy for that skirt.

Funnily, rhinestones and coloured beads are making a come back this year in Europe. Whilst that may not be the case where you live, the top that Beatrice wore would not usually be considered out of place in London these days.

The shoes, a really pretty pair of flats in a color from the skirt would be perfect, walking on grass for a long period of time can be hard on the feet (this I know for sure)wedges/pumps/heels can all quickly turn an ankle(this I also know for sure)so flats and there are thousands of really pretty flats out there. The hat...........yikes, it was totally wrong, the color, the shape, and the position on her head....that hat was too fancy for that skirt.

In our culture, flat shoes are typically not worn when one is dressed up, as Beatrice was. It would just not be considered "the done thing". I accept that perhaps taupe or gold coloured wedges might have been a better choice.

Last edited:
I am clearly in the minority here, but I loved it.

I think B. most often looks meh or OMG! I don't think she cares or she would be learning by observing and she is not doing that. It's just B, so I'll let her make terrible fashion choices without criticism.

I think she looked great, just wish she had opted for nude wedges.

Not a great look IMO the whole thing looks like she raided the play box and black wedges OMG agree nude may have donw something to save this though there is doubt they would have helpled!!

From what has been said here, when I opened the photo I expected to see an over the top outfit with a ridiculous hat, but having looked at the photo, I've changed my opinions. Beatrice's outfit wasn't that bad, yes the skirt is a little on the sparkly side, but all in all, she looks alright and appropriate for the event. The hat isn't my cup of tea, but it suits Beatrice. Of course I respect other posters' opinions, but I didn't think her outfit is as bad as some are making it seem. Although I do think both Beatrice and Eugenie try a little too hard sometimes.

EDIT: This article from the Daily Mail says that Beatrice's top is from Juicy Couture.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that nothing goes together. I like the skirt, though a bit longer would have improved it. (My opinion). The skirt is cute and summery. Would you wear that with a somewhat tailored blouse, rather than a cute summery one? And wouldn't it be nice to have shoes and blouse pick up a color from the skirt? And the hat just seemed to be a misfit. Beatrice is in her 20's...old enough to manage the basics of dressing to accentuate your assets and de-accentuate your liabilities. She and her sister are a mystery to me in their clothing choices. It seems to me that they wear things that are too short, too tight, too busy and too old. I would like to see either of them in a simple dress for a 20 something that had some flow to it. Would be a most pleasant change. They seem like nice girls. But their inability to dress well is a puzzle.

From what has been said here, when I opened the photo I expected to see an over the top outfit with a ridiculous hat, but having looked at the photo, I've changed my opinions. Beatrice's outfit wasn't that bad, yes the skirt is a little on the sparkly side, but all in all, she looks alright and appropriate for the event. The hat isn't my cup of tea, but it suits Beatrice. Of course I respect other posters' opinions, but I didn't think her outfit is as bad as some are making it seem. Although I do think both Beatrice and Eugenie try a little too hard sometimes.

EDIT: This article from the Daily Mail says that Beatrice's top is from Juicy Couture.
I know- I respect others opinions too, but you would think she repeated her William and Catherine wedding outfit! Heaven help us!:lol:

Just seen pics of Beatrice at a garden party yesterday and she was dressed like a dog's dinner. She should have looked elegant at an event like this but it looked like she had just grabbed the first set of clothes, hat and shoes that came to hand, nothing matched, a real mess.

Is there a way to say you don't like someone's outfit without calling them a dog's dinner? Like saying you don't like what she wore without labeling it so vitriolically.

I think the outfit not the person is the "dog's dinner" and all it means in the UK is "a bit of a mess" - hardly vitriolic.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

Muriel:In our culture, flat shoes are typically not worn when one is dressed up, as Beatrice was. It would just not be considered "the done thing". I accept that perhaps taupe or gold coloured wedges might have been a better choice.

Wedges are considered to be a form of being *dressed up*, wedges are for informal times, shopping, sports events, movies, dinner out...things like that. There are formal flats, just because a shoe is *flat* doesn't mean it can't be used for a formal occasion.

I think we should agree to just disagree about the Duke of York's daughter's. Being a seamstress and sewing for as long as I can remember I just had mismatched fashion in anything. Maybe as someone said to me, go to London and take them shopping and teach them for their mother sure has no fashion sense either and the father is to busy with his own life.

The pieces by themselves are fine, even great, they just are pretty disjointed. Plus, is a garden party with the Queen the moment to wear hipster clothes? Um, no.

Princess Beatrice cuts a stylish figure as she dines out with boyfriend Dave Clark | Royal | News | Daily Express
This is the night of the garden party, out with Dave. She's kept the blouse on and switched to a short black skirt w/ dark tights, kept the wedges - blouse, skirt, shiny black patent leather wedges all work together, IMO, but she adds a shiny blue jacket (pretty in it's own right) which is totally discordant w/ the rest of the outfit, and she has a large purple purse - what is she carrying in that thing?
I realize I'm conservative and adhere to less is more in fashion, and there are those who say black goes with anything, but lately so much of what Beatrice wears seems a jumble of items that are nice individually but are wrong together. The basic thought process of does this 'go' with that seems to be missing from many of her combos.
The dress she wore the day before was lovely, IMO, simple yet very pretty.
The Queen and Princess Beatrice at Chelsea Flower Show - hellomagazine.com

I don't like what Beatrice is wearing, but the queen looks wonderful!
That color is great on her, and she looks like springtime. so flowery.
Sorry if OT.

Princess Beatrice cuts a stylish figure as she dines out with boyfriend Dave Clark | Royal | News | Daily Express
This is the night of the garden party, out with Dave. She's kept the blouse on and switched to a short black skirt w/ dark tights, kept the wedges - blouse, skirt, shiny black patent leather wedges all work together, IMO, but she adds a shiny blue jacket (pretty in it's own right) which is totally discordant w/ the rest of the outfit, and she has a large purple purse - what is she carrying in that thing?
I realize I'm conservative and adhere to less is more in fashion, and there are those who say black goes with anything, but lately so much of what Beatrice wears seems a jumble of items that are nice individually but are wrong together. The basic thought process of does this 'go' with that seems to be missing from many of her combos.
The dress she wore the day before was lovely, IMO, simple yet very pretty.
The Queen and Princess Beatrice at Chelsea Flower Show - hellomagazine.com

Your comment is right on, she has no thought process what so ever when it comes to fashion, wear the first thing she sees and likes and *let's go Dave*, out the door a fashion mess from head to toe. I actually am beginning to feel sorry for her because it seems she does not think with the brains because if she did she would look in a mirror and see the mess she is, or else she just goes with the moment and that's it, whatever. Horrible way to life a life when so much is dropped at your feet and you could be doing so much for the family and country....shame her parents didn't teach their children to be productive members of society instead of being just party girls.

I fail to find anything stylish about this get up. It's very rare I find something to admire about Beatrice ( or indeed Eugenie/Sarah's) choice of outfits. They rarely get it right IMO, I'd like to think they don't care about style, but Beatrice has attended several fashion shows of late suggesting she is interested in looking good. Is there any hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom