Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 6: May 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice was at an event celebrating Holi - the Indian Festival of Colours - or at least it had a Holi theme. That tealy green is one of the colours used during Holi; you can see a bit of it in the decorations behind her in the photo. The colours of her top and skirt do match, the pieces just have a different pattern. Perhaps the mixing of patterns was at least partly intentional, bearing in mind the colourful Indian theme. There is another photo around of her at the event after having some face decoration done in the same colours.

Perhaps we should be thankful that she did not decide to really get into the swing of things and have someone throw coloured powder at her before she went to the function. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Holi_at_Bishap_Ranch.jpg

As for Eugenie's outfit...one word: boring.

For some reason I think Beatrice's outfit is a little too "girlie" if that make sense - sort of thing my young niece would wear at a party.

For some reason I think Beatrice's outfit is a little too "girlie" if that make sense - sort of thing my young niece would wear at a party.

I think I know what you mean. High neck. Short sleeves. Short little-girl skirt. Tights. Not a womanly outfit.

I like Bea's outfit. I like the mix of the 2 prints.

Too much deep neckline for Easter for me. Like the skirt length and fullness of the skirt on her. Would have preferred less contrast with coat and skirt.

I love Beatrice's entire look today and I want that dress!

Very nice look for Beatrice. She's looking very classy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Rare case, but for this this year Easter Mass Bea appeared perfect.

Yes I like her outfit too perhaps something below the neckline. The colour and print of the dress is lovely.

Excellent outfit for Princess Beatrice with one recommendation: when wearing a fascinator (when, o Lord, will these silly things get out of fashion?), please have an updo. The same counts for Mrs Peter Phillips. In general only young girls can look great with a fascinator and long hair. For the rest: great outing by Princess Beatrice. Compliments for the ladylike gloves.

A really neat look for Beatrice today, straightforward dress and jacket, nicely tailored and the colour suits her well.

Well done, Bea! Very nice. :butterfly:

Beatrice looks great. I love the jacket.

Beatrice looked really nice. The colors are lovely and the style really suits her. She was one of the best dressed today.

Well done indeed! It seems this time that the majority vote is that Beatrice aced it. I love her in that colour and the way she has paired a jacket over a beautiful print dress is perfect, as is the surprisingly long skirt. But Beatrice's lovely long legs make the longer length look elegant instead of dowdy.
Excellent outfit for Princess Beatrice with one recommendation: when wearing a fascinator (when, o Lord, will these silly things get out of fashion?), please have an updo. The same counts for Mrs Peter Phillips. In general only young girls can look great with a fascinator and long hair. For the rest: great outing by Princess Beatrice. Compliments for the ladylike gloves.
The one fingernail on the chalkboard of Beatrice's ensemble is the oh, so, not very fascinating, fascinator. I can handle them paired with an elegant updo, but when they have plonked it on top of masses of hair, not only does it not look good, it just looks plain silly. Kudos to Sophie.

Duc has nailed it perfectly by pointing out that such millinery misadventures belong on the heads of young girls/women.

:previous: I agree about the hair, but I am so pleased with the rest of her outfit that I am prepared to overlook it. I am not a fan of the squashed-bird fascinator at the best of times, but, if an adult woman with long hair must wear one, they should wear their hair up.

The skirt lengths of the three ladies provide a useful lesson. Knees are not attractive things, and are best covered up. Bea's outfit loses nothing by the skirt covering her knees; in fact the length improves her look. We still see her very fine lower legs, and she looks far more elegant than Autumn, whose appearance would be improved if the skirt covered her knees. A hem of Beatrice's dress ends at a point where the leg is narrowing, and that's a much more pleasing point to take the eye than the one two or so inches higher where the leg bulges out again at the side of the knee.

Last edited:
Stunning outfit, she needs to tie her hair back though.

Well done indeed! It seems this time that the majority vote is that Beatrice aced it. I love her in that colour and the way she has paired a jacket over a beautiful print dress is perfect, as is the surprisingly long skirt. But Beatrice's lovely long legs make the longer length look elegant instead of dowdy.The one fingernail on the chalkboard of Beatrice's ensemble is the oh, so, not very fascinating, fascinator. I can handle them paired with an elegant updo, but when they have plonked it on top of masses of hair, not only does it not look good, it just looks plain silly. Kudos to Sophie.

Duc has nailed it perfectly by pointing out that such millinery misadventures belong on the heads of young girls/women.

Considering she's had much worse on her head, this one's not that bad. Not great mind you, but not bad either.

Beatrice really did look lovely today & easily one of very best looks in too long a time.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah, at least it wasn't the beige horror.

Beatrice looked beautiful in her Easter outfit.

I thought Beatrice was very elegant and appropriately dressed for the Easter service.

Princess Eugenie in New York a few days back. The Princess is wearing a topshop skirt.

Full view

I quite like the skirt! it gives me a certain positive vibe! I think it completes Eugenie's look...

Eugenie's outfit is fine for a casual outing, but the hat looks a bit odd. It reminds me of the winter hats prep school girls wear here in England. The outfit in general also is a bit mismatched but I like the skirt and top individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom