Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 4: May 2012 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Here, Here!!

Ditto the princess Mary thread...

I kind of like Beatrice's outfit. I don't mind Eugenie's although it was a tad boring. And just when I thought she couldn't find a pair of dumber shoes. Yikes.

The sad thing about these two is that - fashion wise - they should have been knocking it out of the park for the past few years. Public feelings about Eugenie and Beatrice could be totally different today if Andrew (and their mother) had seen to it that they had the services of a good stylist a couple of years ago. Prince Andrew might actually have had quite a bit of support from the public for his position that Beatrice and Eugenie deserve some sort of (limited) role in the BRF if the public looked forward to seeing the outfits that these princesses (by birth) showed up at public engagements in.

Think about it. The majority of the time, Sophie dresses well for a woman who is in her mid-forties. The majority of the time, Kate dresses well for a woman who is now in her early 30's (and she reportedly has no stylist). However, the majority of the time Beatrice and Eugenie choose outfits that are totally wrong for young princesses in their early 20's.

But don't shoot the messenger(s). If people voice the opinion that they don't like their outfits, on this board they do so in a manner that might not be acceptable to you, but these opinions are delivered in a manner that is acceptable to the moderators - or as we know, the post will (rightfully) be deleted.

Last edited:
The sad thing about these two is that - fashion wise - they should have been knocking it out of the park for the past few years. Public feelings about Eugenie and Beatrice could be totally different today if Andrew (and their mother) had seen to it that they had the services of a good stylist a couple of years ago. Prince Andrew might actually have had quite a bit of support from the public for his position that Beatrice and Eugenie deserve some sort of (limited) role in the BRF if the public looked forward to seeing the outfits that these princesses (by birth) showed up at public engagements in.

Think about it. The majority of the time, Sophie dresses well for a woman who is in her mid-forties. The majority of the time, Kate dresses well for a woman who is now in her early 30's (and she reportedly has no stylist). However, the majority of the time Beatrice and Eugenie choose outfits that are totally wrong for young princesses in their early 20's.

But don't shoot the messenger(s). If people voice the opinion that they don't like their outfits, on this board they do so in a manner that might not be acceptable to you, but these opinions are delivered in a manner that is acceptable to the moderators - or as we know, the post will (rightfully) be deleted.
Thank you for your thoughtful post. My thoughts almost exactly.

Don’t shoot the messenger... I am merely voicing my opinion and I think there are others here who agree with me. It is well known the anonymity of the internet makes it easier for people to give their ( not always kind) opinion. But there is voicing ones opinion and saying „the must never look in the mirror”, „get dressed in the dark”, „it’s so old fashioned the queen would wear it”, etc.

I’m quite certain these girls really like these clothes and they think they look good. What constitutes good taste is rather personal you know...

I’ve had plenty of times where I’ve thought „oh my”, but these are just clothes, nothing more and the idea people will „like them more if they dressed better” is beyond shallow. I thought people would like you if you were nice not if you dressed pretty enough. /Rant over

These girls have been cursed with unpopularity since the day they were born, fashion won't change that.

I’ve had plenty of times where I’ve thought „oh my”, but these are just clothes, nothing more and the idea people will „like them more if they dressed better” is beyond shallow. I thought people would like you if you were nice not if you dressed pretty enough. /Rant over

Except this thread isn't about how nice or not nice these two women are. This whole thread is specifically about their clothes. So I guess the whole idea of this thread could be called shallow since we're talking about something that in the grand scheme of things isn't very important.

Princess Beatrice at Ascot Racecourse - Day 5, June 23 - that shade of pink together with her hair colour is a nice
and interesting play of colours in my eyes.

** Full view ** Back view **

I liked Beatrice's white w/ red floral splash ensemble that she wore to ladies day at Ascot. It flattered her figure and since the print was bold, her decision to keep the accessories simple (including the hat) was smart, IMO. The most recent Racing ensemble was ok, I love coral, but the diagonal ruffle on the skirt made no sense w/ the jacket and was a bit much for my taste - but at least it was all the same color. I see progress in Beatrice's choices. I do wish she'd do something different with her hair - it looks stringy, I can sympathize,tho', since I have fine straight hair as well.
Eugenie's lady's day grey/white too tight outfit was sad, it emphasized her figure in a very unflattering way. Even if the size had been larger, the style would not have worked on her figure - she's a very beautiful young woman who is larger than the stick thin models we most often see, and if dressed correctly could look stunning, but the overstuffed sausage look she too often wears is not a good look for her. Regarding her Lebouton heels, I suspect the thought was that since the outfit was so monotone w/ no detailing a pair of over the top heels added a subtle zing. I sort of liked that touch - for someone her age.

Perhaps it would be fun if we started a fashion suggestion thread for these two. I don’t believe there is one yet.

I like the color of today's outfit, but not the style. It looks a little too busy for me, with all the ruffles and what have you.

I like the color but the dress just overwhelms her with the studded ruffles and huge bow. I can visualize that outfit as working quite well with just the peplum top. I don't care for the hat, either.

Last edited:
I too love this colour on Beatrice but she needs to wear less fussy clothes.

The white with red splashes outfit was a better style.

Unless like many people here she sees that she looks good and her figure hugging outfit makes her look stunning!

I don't think many women would be pleased with that rear view. :ermm:

The colour is great but the style of outfit is all wrong for her. Way too much going on and Bea can not carry it off. I don't like the hat either it doesn't go with the outfit at all. This is a fashion thread so some people will like the clothes some people won't it doesn't matter how nice or sweet we think the girls might be. What they wear is what we are here to discuss shallow or not.

Love the color but, the style is not to my liking. Hate the skirt and the hat.

The color is great but the style and ruffles aren't doing it for me.

Here's a full view of Eugenie's outfit and a photo of her heels.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/21/article-2162560-13B8BA0E000005DC-17_310x908.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/21/article-2162560-13B8B8E4000005DC-494_310x908.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/21/article-2162560-13B84586000005DC-898_472x681.jpg

Not a fan of either one of their outfits. Beatrice's outfit is particularly bad. As someone up-thread said, it looks like someone threw red paint all over her. Eugenie's wouldn't look so bad if it fit properly. It's way too tight around the hips.

Her dress is by Paula Ka
Its a very pretty dress but she doesn't wear it well IMO.

Oh so sad. Eugenie's dress (front view) was a bit tight but could have been ok. It's the side view that says «way way too tight - out of shape body». Don't they have mirrors?

She looks great! A cute simple dress, a nice tailored blazer, summery espadrilles... no fuss, no frills, just cute and simple lines, and age-appropiate. Terrific look!

Terrific for Eugenie! She has such a nice smile as well as event and age appropriate outfit which flatters her.

She looks great. A perfect example that looking good doesn't have to involve squeezing into something that doesn't fit, or appearing sporting more frills and feathers than a peacock. Good work on Eugenie's part.

Now she hit the fashion mark; that's a great look for her, a nice blend of colors and print, a good fit and appropriate for the venue.

Last edited:
Its the same dress Eugenie wore to the memorial service for QEQM and Princess Margaret this past spring - and it looked lovely on her then too. its very flattering dressed up or more casual. excellent choice.

Not that looks so much better. It fit's her lovely and she looks really good in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom