The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

Here, Here!!

Ditto the princess Mary thread...

Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Nobility

I kind of like Beatrice's outfit. I don't mind Eugenie's although it was a tad boring. And just when I thought she couldn't find a pair of dumber shoes. Yikes.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Nobility

The sad thing about these two is that - fashion wise - they should have been knocking it out of the park for the past few years. Public feelings about Eugenie and Beatrice could be totally different today if Andrew (and their mother) had seen to it that they had the services of a good stylist a couple of years ago. Prince Andrew might actually have had quite a bit of support from the public for his position that Beatrice and Eugenie deserve some sort of (limited) role in the BRF if the public looked forward to seeing the outfits that these princesses (by birth) showed up at public engagements in.

Think about it. The majority of the time, Sophie dresses well for a woman who is in her mid-forties. The majority of the time, Kate dresses well for a woman who is now in her early 30's (and she reportedly has no stylist). However, the majority of the time Beatrice and Eugenie choose outfits that are totally wrong for young princesses in their early 20's.

But don't shoot the messenger(s). If people voice the opinion that they don't like their outfits, on this board they do so in a manner that might not be acceptable to you, but these opinions are delivered in a manner that is acceptable to the moderators - or as we know, the post will (rightfully) be deleted.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
The sad thing about these two is that - fashion wise - they should have been knocking it out of the park for the past few years. Public feelings about Eugenie and Beatrice could be totally different today if Andrew (and their mother) had seen to it that they had the services of a good stylist a couple of years ago. Prince Andrew might actually have had quite a bit of support from the public for his position that Beatrice and Eugenie deserve some sort of (limited) role in the BRF if the public looked forward to seeing the outfits that these princesses (by birth) showed up at public engagements in.

Think about it. The majority of the time, Sophie dresses well for a woman who is in her mid-forties. The majority of the time, Kate dresses well for a woman who is now in her early 30's (and she reportedly has no stylist). However, the majority of the time Beatrice and Eugenie choose outfits that are totally wrong for young princesses in their early 20's.

But don't shoot the messenger(s). If people voice the opinion that they don't like their outfits, on this board they do so in a manner that might not be acceptable to you, but these opinions are delivered in a manner that is acceptable to the moderators - or as we know, the post will (rightfully) be deleted.
Thank you for your thoughtful post. My thoughts almost exactly.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Nobility

Don’t shoot the messenger... I am merely voicing my opinion and I think there are others here who agree with me. It is well known the anonymity of the internet makes it easier for people to give their ( not always kind) opinion. But there is voicing ones opinion and saying „the must never look in the mirror”, „get dressed in the dark”, „it’s so old fashioned the queen would wear it”, etc.

I’m quite certain these girls really like these clothes and they think they look good. What constitutes good taste is rather personal you know...

I’ve had plenty of times where I’ve thought „oh my”, but these are just clothes, nothing more and the idea people will „like them more if they dressed better” is beyond shallow. I thought people would like you if you were nice not if you dressed pretty enough. /Rant over
Old 06-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

These girls have been cursed with unpopularity since the day they were born, fashion won't change that.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post

I’ve had plenty of times where I’ve thought „oh my”, but these are just clothes, nothing more and the idea people will „like them more if they dressed better” is beyond shallow. I thought people would like you if you were nice not if you dressed pretty enough. /Rant over
Except this thread isn't about how nice or not nice these two women are. This whole thread is specifically about their clothes. So I guess the whole idea of this thread could be called shallow since we're talking about something that in the grand scheme of things isn't very important.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Beatrice at Ascot Racecourse - Day 5, June 23 - that shade of pink together with her hair colour is a nice
and interesting play of colours in my eyes.

** Full view ** Back view **
Old 06-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Bea is too small a lady for an outfit with so much going on. If she'd gotten the skirt without the peplum this would have been a good look for her:

http://i50.tinypic.com/a2r8i.jpg
Old 06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Nobility

I liked Beatrice's white w/ red floral splash ensemble that she wore to ladies day at Ascot. It flattered her figure and since the print was bold, her decision to keep the accessories simple (including the hat) was smart, IMO. The most recent Racing ensemble was ok, I love coral, but the diagonal ruffle on the skirt made no sense w/ the jacket and was a bit much for my taste - but at least it was all the same color. I see progress in Beatrice's choices. I do wish she'd do something different with her hair - it looks stringy, I can sympathize,tho', since I have fine straight hair as well.
Eugenie's lady's day grey/white too tight outfit was sad, it emphasized her figure in a very unflattering way. Even if the size had been larger, the style would not have worked on her figure - she's a very beautiful young woman who is larger than the stick thin models we most often see, and if dressed correctly could look stunning, but the overstuffed sausage look she too often wears is not a good look for her. Regarding her Lebouton heels, I suspect the thought was that since the outfit was so monotone w/ no detailing a pair of over the top heels added a subtle zing. I sort of liked that touch - for someone her age.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Perhaps it would be fun if we started a fashion suggestion thread for these two. I don’t believe there is one yet.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Majesty

I like the color of today's outfit, but not the style. It looks a little too busy for me, with all the ruffles and what have you.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Nobility

The skirt is a little busy but I like the overall look. The color is great on her.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the color but the dress just overwhelms her with the studded ruffles and huge bow. I can visualize that outfit as working quite well with just the peplum top. I don't care for the hat, either.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Bea is too small a lady for an outfit with so much going on. If she'd gotten the skirt without the peplum this would have been a good look for her:

http://i50.tinypic.com/a2r8i.jpg
I clicked on your link, and my first thought, "Oh, God!"
Old 06-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Majesty

I too love this colour on Beatrice but she needs to wear less fussy clothes.

The white with red splashes outfit was a better style.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Unless like many people here she sees that she looks good and her figure hugging outfit makes her look stunning!

I don't think many women would be pleased with that rear view.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Courtier

The colour is great but the style of outfit is all wrong for her. Way too much going on and Bea can not carry it off. I don't like the hat either it doesn't go with the outfit at all. This is a fashion thread so some people will like the clothes some people won't it doesn't matter how nice or sweet we think the girls might be. What they wear is what we are here to discuss shallow or not.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the color but, the style is not to my liking. Hate the skirt and the hat.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

The color is great but the style and ruffles aren't doing it for me.