Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read both those articles when you brought Angela into the discussion. I'll keep my opinion, that HM has done nothing to help Beatrice out of a rut, which again in my mind, never existed.

The point that you made was that there was no need to ask HM before Beatrice and Eugenie commissioned Angela Kelly to design their dresses and I'll stick to my opinion that as HM employs Ms. Kelly plus four more aides to cope with her wardrobe alone, any additional commission has to be agreed by her. And even if not, it would be extremely rude not to ask if it was convenient for her that her personal assistent works for someone else, even if that work was for her own granddaughters.

I think that Beatrice and Eugenie both really enjoy fashion and trying out whatever is new and trendy. I do think that Beatrice's look has simplified somewhat this year, which certainly doesn't do her any harm in the style department. Eugenie might follow the same course when she reaches Beatrice's age. The only problem I really have with Eugenie's clothes is that she often looks like she's stuffed into them, which is a fitting problem.

I think the fitting problem comes from Eugenie. I remember being 21 and very often wearing jeans, skirts dresses and tops in a size I would now consider one size too small. But you can't say anything to a 21 year old!

If Angela Kelly is the Queens PA and boss there is no doubt the Princess would have either had to have asked for her help or the Queen offered. The girls both have manners and would never have approached Miss Kelly themselves it would be outright rude. I think the Queen is trying to help, for years Beatrice and Eugenie have made major fashion mistakes and I think after the hat and that horrible outfit Eugenie wore to William's wedding it was much needed! They looked better then they have. The bow was awful and reminded me too much of Fergie's early days sticking bows everywhere. I didn't like the things stuck on to the skirt it would have looked better just the block colour. I guess that other personal stylist wasn't needed!

I personally like the way Eugenie's clothes fit her, they are often tight but I think they show off enough of her curves to be attractive but not over the top. Ive often heard that both sisters got made fun of for years about their weight; neither of them right now could be called fat and I say more power to them for wanting to show it off.

I thought both Princesses looked much better at this wedding compared to the last. I suspect both were hurt by the press regarding their outfits 4/29 and the Queen was aware of this and offered the services of her long time dresser. Presumably someone explained to the Princesses that outrageous over the top trend setting fashion has a time and place but someone else's wedding is neither the time or place to dress in a way that detracts from the bride. Or perhaps Zara rang up her granny and said can you do something so that B & E don't make laughingstocks of themselves again. I'm not criticizing the Princesses, I shudder to remember some of the outfits I wore at their age - but unlike them, I was not constantly in the press. Their own mother clearly has little fashion sense, so hopefully a little assistance from someone with taste and discretion will help them enhance their image. Many times they look lovely, it's just once in awhile, mostly when they seem to be trying too hard, IMO, things look awful. A bit of confidence that less is more sometimes is all it takes.

I personally like the way Eugenie's clothes fit her, they are often tight but I think they show off enough of her curves to be attractive but not over the top. Ive often heard that both sisters got made fun of for years about their weight; neither of them right now could be called fat and I say more power to them for wanting to show it off.

I think they emphasize trouble spots; that brown skirt draws the eye directly to her stomach, while the cream jacket strains across her breasts.

I'm not saying her clothes should be baggy, but they could cling without looking like she was about to split the seams.

Eugenie was mucht more thin a few months ago...what happen to her?:flowers:

I thought both Princesses looked much better at this wedding compared to the last. I suspect both were hurt by the press regarding their outfits 4/29 and the Queen was aware of this and offered the services of her long time dresser. Presumably someone explained to the Princesses that outrageous over the top trend setting fashion has a time and place but someone else's wedding is neither the time or place to dress in a way that detracts from the bride. Or perhaps Zara rang up her granny and said can you do something so that B & E don't make laughingstocks of themselves again. I'm not criticizing the Princesses, I shudder to remember some of the outfits I wore at their age - but unlike them, I was not constantly in the press. Their own mother clearly has little fashion sense, so hopefully a little assistance from someone with taste and discretion will help them enhance their image. Many times they look lovely, it's just once in awhile, mostly when they seem to be trying too hard, IMO, things look awful. A bit of confidence that less is more sometimes is all it takes.

To be fair to Beatrice take away her hat at William's wedding and I think she looked loved - a smaller hat and she would have been a hit at that wedding, just as she was this time.

Eugenie still has some growing up to do to learn about fashion - as do most woman at the age of 21.

I'm not sure whether Bea decided to auction her "fascinator" before or after its exposure at the wedding.

But either way she tried to make a positive gesture.

I'm not sure whether Bea decided to auction her "fascinator" before or after its exposure at the wedding.

But either way she tried to make a positive gesture.

I don't think she made the decision until after she saw all the coverage it received and realised that it might be a good idea - to turn being the world's laughing stock into a positive.

It was clever of her.
Let's face it- aside from the Hogwarts Sorting Hat, it is probably the most famous hat in the world!

biboquinhas said:
Eugenie was mucht more thin a few months ago...what happen to her?:flowers:

Probably normal weight fluctuation. She's still definitely at a healthy (and attractive) weight. I like that the York girls have beautiful, curvy figures.

This is a fashion thread, weight discussions are off topic - thanks for your understanding!

That shot is airbrushed to all hell, isn't it? This was the tattler interview shot from a few years back.

The link works for me as well. And it is indeed a good picture (bright yellow frock and all). She looks very lovely.

Princess Beatrice at the pre-wedding dinner party of Petra Ecclestone in Rome on August 26,
wearing a short light blue dress - looks nice, only the glitter shoes are a bit too much in that
combination.

** Full view **

And Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at the wedding of Petra Ecclestone in Bracciano, near
Rome, on August 27, 2011. Both have found great colours, and the dresses are nice, but none of
their cleavages looks perfect to me.

** Beatrice full view 1 ** Beatrice full view 2 ** Eugenie full view **

Princess Beatrice at the pre-wedding dinner party of Petra Ecclestone in Rome on August 26,
wearing a short light blue dress - looks nice, only the glitter shoes are a bit too much in that
combination.

** Full view **

And Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at the wedding of Petra Ecclestone in Bracciano, near
Rome, on August 27, 2011. Both have found great colours, and the dresses are nice, but none of
their cleavages looks perfect to me.

** Beatrice full view 1 ** Beatrice full view 2 ** Eugenie full view **
Blue dress is from Ellie Saab I think. Very nice but indeed, glittering shoes are too much.
I like color of 2nd dress but is ill fitting at the top and it doesn't look good. Eugenie's dress is boring and doing nothing to her.

Beatrice is nice in both dresses. Eugenie is a catastrophy! God! who dresses her?

I actually love the glittering shoes- I think she looks fabulous. Beatrice has always liked quirky fashion, and I don't want to see her abandon that all together- to me, the shoes add personality to the outfit without making her look ridiculous or costume-y like she sometimes has in the past. Bravo, Bea!

At the wedding,I thought they both looked great.Flattering color on Beatrice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom