Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Beatrice looked absolutely gorgeous and her hat was perfect. Loved her outfit.

Eugenie looks nice, but I agree, the skirt doesn't seem to fit properly. Bea~the color is beautiful, the rest is, ugh. :ermm:

Both girls look stunning, love love love that colour on Beatrice.

Angela Kelly

According to The Telegraph, Angela Kelly was the designer for both of those outfits.

Bea- Love the color- Hat- not the worst she's worn- ( Peter's wedding, William's wedding) but I dislike it!
Outfit- top OK, but what were those things on the skirt? Dislike the skirt.
Eugeine- Love the outfit, dislike the hat.

Beatrice, the beautiful color and model. Eugenie's stands over the age of the elections.

OMG!!! I hadn't seen Eugenie's rear view. *FAINT* :bang:

The pic of the rear view of E.will not open for me. Is there another link?

Last edited:
I love Beatrice's outfit,It's very unique.Im not a fan of the brown/white outfit Eugeine has.

I actually thought Princess Beatrice looked beautiful - I loved that colour blue on her, and the hat was much better than the last time! I can see how the flowers on the skirt might not be to everyone's taste, but I didn't mind the skirt, and at least it matched with the hat.

Bea- Love the color- Hat- not the worst she's worn- ( Peter's wedding, William's wedding) but I dislike it!
Outfit- top OK, but what were those things on the skirt? Dislike the skirt.
Eugeine- Love the outfit, dislike the hat.

I like the color of Bea's outfit as well. It's vibrant and goes well with her overall complexion. Yeah, the hat is an improvement, but only in comparison to the contraptions she's worn to the weddings of Peter and William. I like the jacket, but don't care much for the bottom portion.

Both girls were pretty but my favourite was Beatrice: nice style and colour on her

According to The Telegraph, Angela Kelly was the designer for both of those outfits.

I wonder what that means: did the queen decide to take both girls at hand when it comes to their fashion choices for official events? For I wasn't aware that Angela Kelly designs for anyone but HM?

:previous: Hmmm! Makes you think doesn't it. ;)

Couldn't agree more - she looked lovely and the hat was just right.

A hat that size and shape, with her dress, would have been a success at William's too (although it wouldn't have raised 80,000+ pounds for charity).

I liked Beatrice's outfit, except for the skirt.
If it had only been solid, it would have been much better.

Still, I'm glad she's not afraid of color; it made a nice contrast with the pallid colors worn by the other Royal ladies.

IMHO Beatrice looked absolutely gorgeous and her hat was perfect. Loved her outfit.

Makes one wonder if it was a gift from the queen. After the other wedding's disaster Beatrice was supported by the queen when she auctioned "that" hat - that was handled through the queen's staff at Buckingham Palace (including official letter to guarantee that it is really that hat) - it was written on ebay that the hat would be sent from the queen's office.

I can well imagine that Beatrice's talk to the queen about that fashion disaster led to the queen offering Beatrice and Eugenie the help of her private couturier Angela Kelly. As Beatrice is said to be interested in designing herself, this could have been a offer that was warmly welcomed.

And I found at least Beatrice's outfit looked as if she had selected at least the fabrics. I always found that Angela Kelly has interesting sources for cloth from which the queen choses and lets her clothes made by Ms. Kelly. There was a long interview lately about how they work together on the queen's outfits, as the hats and shoes ( and sometimes even the gloves) are ordered to be made from the same cloth very often.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people think Beatrice was just a fashion disaster before yesterday, but besides that hat she wore to William's wedding. All her outfits have pretty much been beautiful and I would have loved to have own some of them, especially that butterfly outfit, hat included, she wore to Peter Phillips' wedding.

You all seemed to think, that HM has "helped" her granddaughter out of this fashion rut, while I completely disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:
You all seemed to think, that HM has "helped" her granddaughter out of this fashion rut, while I completely disagree.

Does Angela Kelly work for somebody else normally but HM? So if she designed these outfits, HM must have agreed to share her services, no?:flowers:

I don't know, does she? I don't see why Beatrice or Eugenie would need 'permission' from their grandmother so that Angela could make them outfits.
Share her services, wow you really do make Angela sound like a servant.

You also make it sound like The Queen forced Beatrice and Eugenie into outfits designed by Angela.

As much as I have not liked many of Beatrice's choices in the past I think this outfit is a real winner. I know some people do not like the skirt but that is what, IMO, makes the outfit. It is young and happy looking. The color is terrific on Beatrice as well and it was perfect for her figure, I think. I hope she keeps up the good work, especially if she wants to be involved in fashion design.

Now to work on Eugenie .........

So after all the criticism and so many people saying that Princess Beatrice should get advice from her grandmother,you, Lumut, are saying that you disagree that she got help and I must point out you are the only one that mentioned the word servant when the royal dressmaker was mentioned.
I thought that after so may fashion disasters that she finally got it right so perhaps with a little nudge from her grandmother she asked Angela Kelly for her advice and to make her outfit for her. Well done Princess Beatrice, keep it up!

I don't know, does she? I don't see why Beatrice or Eugenie would need 'permission' from their grandmother so that Angela could make them outfits.
Share her services, wow you really do make Angela sound like a servant.

From a paper about Ms. Kelly:

"Miss Kelly’s journey from a terraced house in Walton - where she was the daughter of a docker - to the Queen’s personal assistant and dresser is almost a fairy tale in itself.
Miss Kelly, who is in charge of a four-strong team of dressers and advises the Queen on clothes and jewellery, still has a Scouse accent.
Her official title is Personal Assistant, Adviser and Curator to Her Majesty the Queen (Jewellery, Insignias and Wardrobe).

To Buckingham Palace insiders, however, she is simply the Queen’s “gatekeeper” who runs her day-to-day life."

Read More Liverpool-born designer Angela Kelly designed the Queen's Royal Wedding outfit - In The Mix Today - News - Liverpool Echo

I just saw that the information above was taken from a very interesting article with interview about Ms.Kelly from the "Telegraph":

Europe's longest-serving living monarch, and Angela Kelly, born in a terraced Liverpool council house, have forged a uniquely close mistress-servant relationship. In recent days, Miss Kelly, who has never lost her Scouse accent, has been promoted: she now holds the lofty title of Personal Assistant, Adviser and Curator to Her Majesty the Queen (Jewellery, Insignias and Wardrobe).

So as Ms. Kelly is employed full time by the queen, I guess it is only polite to ask the employer for the services of her employee. :flowers:

I've read both those articles when you brought Angela into the discussion. I'll keep my opinion, that HM has done nothing to help Beatrice out of a rut, which again in my mind, never existed.

I thought that both Beatrice and Eugenie looked quite nice. Eugenie looks better than I expected, actually--although the bow on the back takes away from the view of the suit from the front. Are bows "in" now? They put me in mind of Sarah York's wedding dress and the fashion for bows in the hair that she started.

I have a few outfits which has big bows at the back, I think they have to suit a certain figure.

I think, the fact that Angela designed the outfits has nothing to do with HM 'stepping in' as in my opinion, and from what i've read it's shared by a few others, Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits have been wonderful, it's just the hats that are sometimes a miss. And the same person who designed yesterdays hats designed the 'misses'.

I think that Beatrice and Eugenie both really enjoy fashion and trying out whatever is new and trendy. I do think that Beatrice's look has simplified somewhat this year, which certainly doesn't do her any harm in the style department. Eugenie might follow the same course when she reaches Beatrice's age. The only problem I really have with Eugenie's clothes is that she often looks like she's stuffed into them, which is a fitting problem.

The only problem I really have with Eugenie's clothes is that she often looks like she's stuffed into them, which is a fitting problem.

I agree! However, this seems a universal problem, no matter which designer makes Eugenie's clothes. So I can only conclude that she likes to wear her outfits skin-tight. It's too bad; a looser-fit would look so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom