Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Beatrice looks beautiful today :) Real princess :heartflower:

Perfect from head to toe! She's got amazing hair too.

Today she looked exactly what she is - a princess of the UK and born to the position - the pity is that she will not be allowed to serve in that capacity and do good for her country but will be forced to do other things and only be trotted out on one or two occasions a year.
I think she looked fabulous. The epitome of a Princess bred to the bone.

I loved the cut and colour of her ensemble from the tip of her dashing chaeau to the length of the coat, to the toes of her perfectly proportioned shoes.

Her outfit was obviously chosed with care. Junior Navy so as not to outshine her Grandmother but with as natty apeice of millinery as I have ever seen. Couple the base ivory of the hat wth it's counterpoint, perfectly proportioned, navy satin flowers, add an age appropriate flirty little veil with the best off the face hairdo I have ever seen her wear, and you have perfection.

It would be a waste for the BRF not to use her to more effect.

Last edited:
Finally a smartly dressed Beatrice!! A well styled outfit, not too tight, just the right length, simple and chic. Lovely hair, Plus.. a perky chapeau! Very well done.

Wow, she got everything right on this look. I hope she keeps up the trend! :wub:

I absolutely love the entire look, from the understated blue coat, to gorgeous black shoes and even the hat. Well done, Beatrice! :)

Last edited:
Beatrice looks the quintessential English rose with her bright hair and luminous complexion. She looked wonderful from head to toe, and I'm so glad she wore light hosiery. The hat is a lovely creation, too, and I absolutely love the navy netting which gives it a chic retro look. Two-toned shoes like her hat would have been great instead of black.

Last edited:
Of course, there is no reason for these cheesecake shots to happen. It is a failing of not being in control of one's clothes. Anyone who sees this type of photo of themselves should know that some wardrobe changes need to be made. Perhaps they don't care.

She looked really good until I saw this photo.

I wonder if we will hear the type of criticism usually leveled at Catherine from this picture.
A rather unfortunate picture.
A longer dress, or perhaps slight adjustments to dress before getting out of the car would have helped.

Last edited:
I wonder if we will hear the type of criticism usually leveled at Catherine from this picture.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits York For The Royal Maundy Service - Pictures - Zimbio

The curse of the State Bentley strikes again.

I personally really liked what Beatrice wore today, but had Kate worn it there would have been all sorts of criticism - skirt too short, hair down, dull colour, boring shoes, heavy make up - the list could go on and on.

I'm glad that on this occasion the consensus is positive.

Princess Beatrice Looks Beautiful , The Outfit Nice & Looks Nice On Her Too , Her HairStyle Cute & The Hat Nice Too , Thank you For Posting EIIR .

A rather unfortunate picture.
A longer dress, or perhaps slight adjustments to dress before going out of the car would have helped.

Exactly my sentiments, and I would say that about any royal lady caught in such a pose no matter who they are.

Last edited:
Perhaps practicing getting in and out of vehicles should be on the agenda.. :)

I always thought that was a part of royal training, navigating exits from these vehicles, but I guess not.

Princess Beatrice looked very good and very poised. Simply wondering if and thinking that the «ensemble» didn't have to be approved by HM before... they should have thought about that before the wedding.

I always thought that was a part of royal training, navigating exits from these vehicles, but I guess not.

As I've stated elsewhere, the State Bentley is a unique vehicle, custom built for the Queen to her specifications, so that she can basically stand up straight before she gets out. No one other than the Queen uses it (Sophie sits in it with her when attending church at Sandringham and she let William and Harry be driven to WA in it for the wedding), so Kate and Beatrice just won't have much experience of it. The Queen looks ungainly getting out of it too:

Queen Elizabeth II Steps Out Of Her Bentley Car As She

This one was just last week:

Queen Elizabeth II Steps Out Of Her Bentley Car As She

Thank you for the photos of Beatrice. She looked lovely today.

She looks very lovely! I love the coat!

Her outfit was wonderful. I'm not a huge fan of most hats; therefore I'll keep silent on this one. What I especially noticed that her makeup,was wonderfully natural looking.

Perhaps practising getting in and out of vehicles should be on the agenda.. :)
I think you hit the nail on the head. There is nothing you can do about the cameras, even the Queen looked to be showing a lot more leg (great looking legs for a woman her age) than usual, whist sitting down. But Catherine and Beatrice both got caught out and perhaps they need to think about putting a small step there, for the Queen's ease (although after so many years I think she has it sussed) and the younger ladies modesty.

You know, that's a very high, awkward step for HM getting out of the car in the first picture; at her age, there's always the fear of a fall and risk of breaking a bone. A small step for both her and her passengers might be considered.

I don't want to belabor the point of the niceties about exiting these high vehicles, but there is that risk of baring a bit more than anyone might want to show if you're not aware of that risk in the first place. Between high seats and high hems, I'd say a bit of a wriggle to get the dress hem adjusted before exiting might help the cause.

The York sisters made a dramatical inprovement in their appearance. Beatrice lost a lot of weight and she exercizes well. Of course mistakes like the horrible hat in the royal wedding can occur, but generally she manages to have elegant appearances.
Eugenie has still to inprove! She has weiht to loose and to choose better her outfits. She really needs to realise that a high fashion modern outfit is not a suitable for every type of body. Her choice for the Royal wedding was a nigtmare for her. But in the memorial she was perfect. Elegant outfit and perfect for her. She has a very pretty face, and it is a pitty to do such bad choices like in the WK wedding. IMO Vivienne Westwood is a catastrophic designer for her.
Both girls have a "heavy inheritance" from their parents. Till now Sara is unable to appear "normally" dressed (i mean with suitable skirts lenght and tops with no flesh exhibited).
And Andrew despite that he was very handsome young, now he ages bad. He gained weight and he is not toned at all.
So i think both york girls have to constantly fight.

Oh like 'normal' people such as you and I and everyone else who comments in this forum? They dont have special superslim dropdead gorgeous genes just the average genes that we all endure....hmmm thats a bit of a pain isnt it?

Beatrice looked great today. Classy and elegant, and understated. I'm really beginning to think that blue is her color (especially in the darker shades). She looked every bit the princess that she is.

You know, that's a very high, awkward step for HM getting out of the car in the first picture; at her age, there's always the fear of a fall and risk of breaking a bone. A small step for both her and her passengers might be considered.

I don't want to belabor the point of the niceties about exiting these high vehicles, but there is that risk of baring a bit more than anyone might want to show if you're not aware of that risk in the first place. Between high seats and high hems, I'd say a bit of a wriggle to get the dress hem adjusted before exiting might help the cause.

But surely having a wriggle to get the hem down isn't enough when The Queen, whose hems are mid-calf at their highest, still manages to flash the royal knees when exiting this car.

The State Bentley was a gift to HM from the British car industry for her Golden Jubilee. I had wondered if they might give her a new car this year for her Diamond Jubilee, particularly given the British car industry is absolutely booming right now (maybe a Rolls Royce or Jaguar this time). I'm sure it would be designed differently if it were to happen. HM, Kate and Beatrice have never had any such problems getting out of 'normal' cars such as Jaguars or Audis.

I think Beatrice is a really lovely young woman who looks to be finding her way in the world despite the micro scrutiny of herself and her life.
She has had to discover and develop an identity with the world watching with critical eyes and suffer the comparisons between herself and her mother (whom she adores) she has made some very good lifestyle changes regarding her health and fitness having it documented in history.
So she wore a terrible hat, and the top of pantyhose was showing, and her spandex was revealed who really honestly cares? that is not who she is if she looked awkward getting out of a car its because she doesnt do it everyday to suggest that she has some sort of training is ridiculous.
I loved seeing Bea with her Granny and the best part was that she looked really happy and enjoying the event with her Gran and Grandad.
She has really beautiful shaped legs, gorgeous skin and glorious hair assets to be proud of and Im sure she appreciates her good fortune as she shows them off beautifully 99% of the time.
Some of the comments on this forum make me cringe at the level of criticism some people will go to from the comfort of their lounge chair their expectations from the people who form the topics of these forums are unrealistic. :(

Last edited:
But surely having a wriggle to get the hem down isn't enough when The Queen, whose hems are mid-calf at their highest, still manages to flash the royal knees when exiting this car.

The State Bentley was a gift to HM from the British car industry for her Golden Jubilee. I had wondered if they might give her a new car this year for her Diamond Jubilee, particularly given the British car industry is absolutely booming right now (maybe a Rolls Royce or Jaguar this time). I'm sure it would be designed differently if it were to happen. HM, Kate and Beatrice have never had any such problems getting out of 'normal' cars such as Jaguars or Audis.

That's true that HM might show a bit more knee than she may care to since that's the issue with the height of the car, and adjustments before exiting might or might not help, but since some of the royal ladies like to wear their hems much higher than mid-calf, then it does becomes problematic when they exit.:ohmy:

Let's hope the car industry will gift her with something that she won't have built to higher specs this time around so that she or other ladies won't have to be concerned about falling or flashing! Also, she must have other cars in her fleet that are lower built if it so suits her to use one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom