Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my humble opinion it's one thing to wear a hat (btw not to be confused in any way, shape, or form with *fascinators*) to a wedding, let alone church, and quite another to wear a fascinator such as Princess Beatrice wore. It's all about respect.And on that score, I want to say my opinion of Bea will drop considerably if I find out she's just doing this to get attention. All eyes on her, no matter if the attention is good or bad, as long as she gets that much needed attention. Yuck. :nonono: This smacks of Lady Gaga, Dennis Rodman, and Elton John in his early days ~ all divas and attention seekers. *two thumbs way down*

Beatrice really is strikingly pretty. As far as her hats and fascinators go, the simpler the better. I agree that her hair is one of her very best features, and she has a lovely slim figure now, nice skin, and arresting eyes.

I'd never describe her as strikingly pretty, although she has some good points.
Her hair and skin are her best assets.

But her eyes are protuberant and together with her teeth, give her a rabbitty look.
She isn't some Hollywood starlet, so all she needs to do is learn to make the most of herself and accentuate her good points.

Hmm, I agree she isn't everybody's cup of tea, nor a Hollywood starlet (thank goodness), but she does have her own unique brand of beauty. Hers harkens back to the days of Pre-Raphaelite Beauty. Princess Beatrice is a natural beauty imho, and doesn't need tons of make-up like so many models, et al, of today need. Less is more.Anyhow, that's just my honest humble opinion. And on that score I hope she's not an attention seeker like her mother. :(

Since the hat projected out over her face (bad idea, especially for a young person with a pretty face), her already deep-set, lovely eyes looked more deep-set and the circular way she does her heavy eyeliner didn't help. Her face is much prettier and more proportionate when her forehead is showing, so I agree that Treacy, in his rush to do as many hats and fascinators as possible for this wedding, did not think through the sort of style that would work with this face.

I often find fascinators unflattering. Especially those installed over your forehead. I think Countess of Wessex as well as Zara Phillips like/wear them too. Some fascinators look like they are dropping any minute. I wouldn't wear such.. :ermm:

What comes to Beatrice, I think she's fond of extravaganza fascinators and that's her choise. She seems to be a very nice person and pretty indeed without heavy eye make-up.

Hmm, I agree she isn't everybody's cup of tea, nor a Hollywood starlet (thank goodness), but she does have her own unique brand of beauty. Hers harkens back to the days of Pre-Raphaelite Beauty. Princess Beatrice is a natural beauty imho, and doesn't need tons of make-up like so many models, et al, of today need. Less is more.Anyhow, that's just my honest humble opinion. And on that score I hope she's not an attention seeker like her mother. :(

Agreed, for me she has a very Victorian look - she reminds me a bit of a young Victoria (the Queen herself, not Emma Blunt) and I think in time she will find her own style. Perhaps she does like to make a bit of a statement but I think it's a shame that Phillip Treacy hasn't taken the opportunity to guide her a little...how so much nicer for her and him if we'd all been praising the headpiece she wore...

Well, frankly, my big problem with Beatrice's outfit was the color. Now, I've tried to think about it charitably and I came up with "she didn't want to stand out too much or interfere with whatever the bride's color scheme might be." Right?

Because what other reason could there possibly be for choosing that color? I thought it was awful, even for beige. I am a neutrals person, I appreciate them - but that was just terrible, both as a color and with her coloring. Surely she chose that herself (and then the fascinator was made - sorry I called it a hat earlier).

The only colors that could have been worse would have been black or orange. A nice brown would have been better.

Someone suggested earlier that the girls were piqued that their mother was not invited, and now that I think about it and have read more about them and looked at dozens of past articles about them (and how they look), I wonder. I know my two daughters would be past p.o.'ed if there was a family wedding on their father's side (we're divorced) and I wasn't invited (in fact, their dad is getting married and the way it works is: the girls expect me to be sussed out to see whether I want to be invited - I've said no, so they now will make sure I'm not - but they would be very upset if I was just excluded - as we've made every attempt to remain friends over the years and do Christmas together and all that).

It's hard on kids of divorce as it is, they love it when their parents are cordial with each other at weddings, funerals, etc. (my ex spoke at my mom's funeral - it was AWFUL, oh dear, what a mistake to let him do that - we learned a lot - he thinks he's a stand up comedian, it was a FUNERAL - thank god my Dad cannot hear well). But we still stick together at weddings, funerals - and etc. (for example, I have offered to show up when my ex's parents were in town and he was having a hard time facing them alone).

My girls both have a great sense of humor (but do not make jokes at funerals) - but, I wonder if the humor in B and E's outfits was partly tongue-in-cheek. I could definitely see my daughters (especially my older one) doing something cheeky at a wedding where I was specifically not invited. And, like Beatrice and Eugenie, my daughters would definitely do it in a way that left people wondering if they meant it or not. Now that I think about it, I wonder if my older daughter will be the first person to wear a fascinator in our town (to her dad's upcoming wedding - I can just see her doing it - and I've learned a place that sells them, sort of, not too far from wear we live).

Edited to add: Okay, I looked at the color again and it's growing on me. I'm still ambivalent, but I take back that it's that awful.

IMHO I truly think she picked a coat/dress from Valentino's collection that she loved. The colour is an unusual choice for a redhead to wear but I like that she's willing to risk it...I actually really admire her fashion risk taking, I mean it's fashion - it's for playing with - but if I were a Princess in the BRF and had the cream of British design (and Irish, in Phillip Treacy's case) at my fingertips I would want the BEST possible advice. Otherwise why are you paying the prices that they charge, if it is not for their expertise and training?

So, perhaps it's inconsistent but I think - risky colour, ok. Risky fascinator, must try harder.

Beatrice cannot change her eyes. She is a Hannover. But are there no orthodontists in the UK? Her teeth can be fixed and should have been years ago. Her outfit was attractive, but the hat was a clown hat. I blame the designer for ever making something like that. Probably, intimidated the poor thing into wearing it. Every hat he designed was a nightmare.

OMGosh, I think you're on to something, COUNTESS, as I was thinking the very exact same thing last night about Princess Beatrice's teeth!

Honestly, I had a friend in junior high & highschool that had the exact same teeth/jaw/overbite/et al as Beatrice (she even looked like her except she was a blonde). Anyhow, I couldn't believe what a pair of braces did for her, once she got them off after a few years I simply could not recognize Shari at all whatsoever. It was simply AMAZING. She didn't even look like the same person before. Not only I, but everybody else couldn't stop gawking, she had become a BEAUTY in every sense of the word. Lol, she even modelled there for a few years. :)

My recommendation is that Bea see an orthodontist at once! Pronto! And nowadays she can wear the invisible kind. :cool:

Thanks for the info., EllieCat. :)

Ah, that's too bad, I honestly don't think her orthodontist did a good job wherein the "overbite" is concerned. If I were Beatrice, I would look into wearing invisible braces to correct her overbite. Then again, she does look equally pretty without them.

Either way, I think she is lovely, the color contrasts so interesting & vibrant, like a mermaid, from red to blue to pale pink and back again. I would love to paint a portrait of her. :flowers:

:cheers:GOOOOO BEATRICE!!!!!:cheers:

omg can i pls help them with their style or lack there of..i see them in either clothing that is too old for them or way to young for them

Pic 1*Coat
Dress with blazer
those are the outfits i like and they have way to much thighs to wear short skirts. a-line dress and skirts would do wonders for them also longer dress are nice and shorter heels would be nice imo but they have wonderful eyes-i would play them up and do something different with the hair..step back in time to something 1900's not short but maybe an updo

Pic 2 wedge heels r good for walking in the grass

and do the opposite of their mom imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, in light of the last few posts (including the "step back into the 1900's advice), I'm beginning to warm up to their look. Perhaps they are in the process (in a 21st century way) of re-exploring the early 1900's - or even the 1800's. Eugenie's hat, in particular, looks like a miniature version of some hat you'd see in a painting from the 1800's - and Beatrice's, when I think about it that way, is in fact A Giant Lady Gaga Sized Victorian Bow.

Expected to, but it is not mandatory, as far as I know.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I find nothing wrong with expressing yourself thru your clothes and in their case, their hats.
Given that both hats were God awful, they could have pulled it off had their hair been tidier. If your going for "a look" then, in my opinion, you have to have it from head to toe.
Beatrice could have pulled of that "stupid" hat had her hair been done "up" in a simple style. Something to make the most out of her hair and her outfit. It would have softened up her face a bit.
With out their hair being done Prs. Bea just looked like a fool in the hat. and Prs. Eugenie look like the court jester, as well as frumpy.
AND...if they are going to go either with outrageous outfits and/or hats, then they really need to know how to tone down their makeup.
It can only be one or the other girls, but not both!

Well said, Sesa!! I have to agree on all of your points. The York princesses just do not know how to "get a look" no matter how hard they try. They just need professional help, period. And, they need to Listen to the advice given. Case closed. (I fear I may have spoken too soon, alas). :(

Thanks for the info., EllieCat. :)

Ah, that's too bad, I honestly don't think her orthodontist did a good job wherein the "overbite" is concerned. If I were Beatrice, I would look into wearing invisible braces to correct her overbite. Then again, she does look equally pretty without them.

I don't think overbites are generally supposed to be corrected with braces - braces are supposed to straighten your teeth. For overbites, dentists use a device that pulls the jaw forward so the lower jaw is aligned with the top half. At least that was how it was explained to me - I had an overbite when I was younger and had to wear a "bionater" to pull my jaw forwards, and then I wore braces for a few months (not very long, though) to straighten my teeth afterwards.

I think that Beatrice just has a heavy jaw and prominent teeth - not too sure if there's much that can be done about it.

Hmm, I don't know about that, but then again so much has changed over the years, particularly the last 30 years, which is when my friend Shari (& me for that matter, lol) both wore braces. :D

I wore them to correct a few of my crooked teeth, whereas Shari supposedly wore hers to correct her huge overbite, as I don't recall her having crooked teeth, nor for that matter I don't recall Princess Beatrice having crooked teeth either? Though I could be wrong, as I honestly haven't followed the girls throughout their lifetime, just in passing. :)

Anyhow, that's all in the past, the point is that Beatrice looks lovely today. In fact the latest pics of her are absolutely gorgeous, wherein she & her boyfriend Dave Clark attended a dinner together. :flowers:

Always when I see Beatrice it is if I see one of my cousins. Spitting image. This has also to do with the jaw/overbite.
Beatrice ( and my cousin) did have bracelets. And as with Beatrice it did not help enough to correct it. This had nothing to do with"an orthodontist doing a bad job" Some overbites can't be corrected completely with a bracelet only. My cousin was told that she needed an operation to break her jaw... just to rebuild her face..
She chose not to have it done because it was a big operation and she was afraid of not being herself anymore.
Seeing Beatrice I am actually quite sure she has the same problem. Really never seen anyone who looks so much the same as my cousin.
In this day and age we think that everyone should look perfect but there are "problems" that can't be easily corrected. I would not opt for an operation where they have to break my jaw take a part out and rebuild my face! would one of you do that!!
My cousin is lovely, I think Beatrice is lovely . The only thing she needs is fashion advice.

Beatrice is beautiful in her own way. I would not want to hear about her going in for such a drastic surgery just to meet society's standard of what she should look like.

Bionator it is - and it is best used when the child is 10-14 years old and bone growth is still occurring (some would have it done even earlier). It is very hard to get a child to wear one, and my daughter sobbed and couldn't sleep for the first two nights - it was awful. And the doctor deliberately started the procedure on a Friday afternoon, sent her home (at 11) with pain medication.

She survived and stayed with it - and what a difference now, comparing her earlier pictures to today. She would have had a jawline and overbite that was outside our cultural norms and that she did not want that (she was adamant that she didn't want an overbite - the doctor was adamant about the bionator).

Beatrice may or may not have been given the option. There are also benefits to the teeth themselves, as they do not wear down as easily.

After the bianator came years of retainers (and the bionator came off 8 months before the doctor wanted it to, after maybe 2.5 years. Her teeth therefore do not look overly perfect nor does she look unlike herself - I think she (my daughter) chose the right time to take them off.

But the jaw growth difference and overall face shape change was amazing. As her mother, I can truly say I did not notice she needed any such changing - it was the dentist who was so insistent.

After the bianator came years of retainers (and the bionator came off 8 months before the doctor wanted it to, after maybe 2.5 years. Her teeth therefore do not look overly perfect nor does she look unlike herself - I think she (my daughter) chose the right time to take them off.

Yes, I had to wear a retainer for years, too. I'm not really sure when I stopped wearing it - maybe 5 years after I had braces. Anyhow, I don't remember seeing Beatrice wearing a bionator or retainer, but perhaps she did and we don't know.

Someone posted this picture on my Facebook wall last night, knowing I was interested in the royal wedding. I'd already seen it circulating around on FB...so I figured I might as well post it here, even though as a Beatrice and Eugenie fan, it only makes me embarrassed for them:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/pho...lliam-and-kate-middleton-21616134-469-550.jpg

I responded by posting this picture, with the note that Beatrice can dress well...sometimes. ;) http://i55.tinypic.com/3465007.jpg

I've got to admit - it doesn't help Beatrice and Eugenie's cause that there was one red-headed stepsister and one brown-haired stepsister - and the brown-haired one was wearing blue!

Last edited:
She looked a right state admit it 2 black eyes and teeth red rum would be proud of

Rmay286, someone put that on my wall too (the Disney photo). And one of my students pointed out that Beatrice was actually wearing a shade of mauve, like the red/pink stepsister.

But hey, they say even bad publicity is better than no publicity at all!

There was a photo of B&E taken just a few days before the Royal Wedding, both girls looked really nice . It is just a shame that they picked the wrong outfits for the wedding.
It could be that they are not very well advised about what does/doesnot suit them. They could also be struggling to find their own style.
As others have said they really do need advice ! :flowers:

A full length mirror next to the exit would help these two essentially attractive young women immensely. I have often wondered if their father wouldn't have lovingly said: "Are you SURE?" a couple of times and things may have changed. Could be they left it too late. I was appalled at the makeup and the hats. Did they have any advice at all? I wanted to reach thru the TV at 3 am and just shake them (like I would have my own 3 daughters) and tell them, upstairs, change, wash face and come down looking like yourselves. They do need loving gentle fashion/beauty advice, just not from their mother who tries way too hard to look and act like a 20 year old herself. Sheesh

I don't think a mirror would have helped they obviously liked the outfits and wore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom