Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie very interesting and unusual today. May have been more stylish. Beatrice, such as make-up horror movie. Cinderella's step-sisters are like.

Cinderella's step-sisters

A friend of mine said : the two Cinderella half-sisters !

That is exactly what my husband said when he saw them. "They look like Cinderella's stepsisters." They appear to be desperate for attention. It may be subconscious, but there is just no other explanation for those hats. It seems the apples have not fallen far from the tree. I suppose they could have negative fashion sense, and no one around them decent enough to give them an honest opinion.

I thought both of these sisters could have done a lot better in terms of their fashion choices. While Beatrice's dress was ok (the tan one) I thought it was a bit boring for her age. I HATED her hat. It looked really stupid. Eugenie's outfit just was off in every way. I thought the colors were pretty, but the pattern on the top was too loud, and the fit of the top part too tight. Her skirt was too poofy and the asymmetrical hem was just sloppy looking in my opinion. I didn't care for her hat either.

Quathae said:
I thought both of these sisters could have done a lot better in terms of their fashion choices. While Beatrice's dress was ok (the tan one) I thought it was a bit boring for her age. I HATED her hat. It looked really stupid. Eugenie's outfit just was off in every way. I thought the colors were pretty, but the pattern on the top was too loud, and the fit of the top part too tight. Her skirt was too poofy and the asymmetrical hem was just sloppy looking in my opinion. I didn't care for her hat either.

I could have lived with it if it hadn't been to tight on top and had those bows on the front, holy unflattering

I agree MRSJ. A less tight fit, no bows, and a more streamlined skirt and Beatrice's outfit would have been more flattering, IMO. And a different hat too.

At first glance, they didn't look so out of place in the crowd. Then when the camera focused just on them, first of all, Eugenie just totally looked so garish (and unhappy really), especially the makeup, that one almost didn't notice B's hat!!

I really think an outside pov, as from a stylist or a good friend...or a mom with any eye for style must be lacking. I think it's sad, as the press really does make fun of them. Since I see them only rarely, I am left with the impression they are quite unattractive, to be fair, if someone can refer me to pics of them on a better days, that'd be great.

You almost wish that they become friends with Pippa and that Pippa says. "here's a full lenght mirror this is what you look like."
The middleton's have great style.

B. did look nice at the queens dinner the other day in the over the shoulder sparkly number

Except for the hat, I liked Princess Beatrice's ensemble. What bothered me was her eyes. She looked like she was either crying in the car or else slept in her eye-makeup.:eek: It must have been just too much eye-liner, but it made her eyes look rather hollow.:ermm:

That is exactly what my husband said when he saw them. "They look like Cinderella's stepsisters." They appear to be desperate for attention. It may be subconscious, but there is just no other explanation for those hats. It seems the apples have not fallen far from the tree. I suppose they could have negative fashion sense, and no one around them decent enough to give them an honest opinion.

Interestingly, the American press is saying that the sisters did this on purpose for paybacks against the royal family in not inviting their mother. While I doubt that is true, you have to wonder why they would spend so much money and work so hard to make themselves look a part of a freak show!:ohmy: I do think it would have been a nice gesture for William to invite Sarah Ferguson but I completely understand how her inexplicable behavior in the last several months may not have made that possible.

Beatrice and Eugenie had too much makeup on (a little less would have been better) as this was very noticeable. The headpiece that Beatrice wore made me think of antlers or reindeer when I saw a clip from the back. It blocked her face somewhat and when you looked at her, this is what you noticed was her head piece (I wouldn't call it a hat, but a head piece).

I loved the color of Eugenie's dress and liked the hat she was wearing.

I agree with the others here - Beatrice's outfit was quite nice except for the hat. What was she thinking with the hat?! There does seem to be a trend in Britain towards over-the-top, fussy fascinators and hats, but I just don't understand why Beatrice would have thought that hat looked good. Then again, she wore that butterfly hat to Peter and Autumn's wedding (I think it was Peter and Autumn's).

I didn't like Eugenie's outfit - too colourful and fussy - but I mostly don't like Eugenie's clothes. I don't think Beatrice, on the other hand, dresses as badly as the tabloids make out. Except for that hat!

I saw another picture of Beatrice (closer look at the headpiece) and it made me also think of something a Las Vegas Show Girl would wear as part of her costume in a dance number. The headpiece that Beatrice wore would be fine in a fashion show, a costume party, or worn dancing or on stage but not at a church wedding. A little too over the top, I'm afraid.

She wasn't the only one who wore what I would call headpieces instead of a hat. Some of them would have been better off not wearing a hat at all. But tradition dictates that some type of hat or headpiece be worn.

The hat of Beatrice was outrageous and tasteless,I think.She could have worn it at another event,but not for such an occasion for sure

I've read that both hats were Phillip Treacy - what was he thinking? Both outfits are not bad (and Valentino and Vivienne Westwood) but definitely needed a different millinery treatment.

I am in the minority, but I will admit that I quite like the outrageous hats they wore to the wedding. You can tell they have fun with fashion.

Has anyone found photos of them dressed for the evening reception?

Beatrice and Eugenie had too much makeup on (a little less would have been better) as this was very noticeable. The headpiece that Beatrice wore made me think of antlers or reindeer when I saw a clip from the back. It blocked her face somewhat and when you looked at her, this is what you noticed was her head piece (I wouldn't call it a hat, but a head piece).

I loved the color of Eugenie's dress and liked the hat she was wearing.

The headpiece that Beatrice wore made me think that someone took a massive door knocker from a palace fortress door and asked her to wear it on her forehead. Unbelievably horrible choice in hat attire for a historic wedding. Perhaps this type of get-up would be OK for Ascot, but not for such an important wedding.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie very interesting and unusual today. May have been more stylish. Beatrice, such as make-up horror movie. Cinderella's step-sisters are like.

When Beatrice was seated behind the Queen in the cathedral, she tipped her head forward, looking down and her eye makeup became more noticeable because light was not on her face. She looked as if she had two enormous black eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eugenie- color of outfit good, but that is about all.
Beatrice- there are no words in the English language, what was she thinking?

I've heard B&E described as Cinderella's Ugly Stepsisters. They certainly are at the top of the running for worst dressed guests. B's downfall is the tonnage of eye make-up. She's such a pretty young thing - it's not necessary!

I'm still searching and waiting for pictures of them at the evening reception.

There's a difference among having fun with fashion, making a mockery of fashion - and using fashion as a personal tool or weapon.

Perhaps the two princesses allowed someone else to make all of their decisions in this, but I doubt they had makeup artists. Beatrice has features that could be taken advantage of (Eugenie actually manages to try and work with her own facial features - although her sense of what looks good on her body is amongst the worse I've seen in young ladies anywhere; she could look so much better with the right stylist). Beatrice could have looked pretty with the right makeup and she has lovely skin tone, not at all helped by her outfit.

They both need to work on their facial expressions, as well. I realize they want to be "natural," but almost anyone who is in the public eye learns to put their best face forward eventually. They seem plenty old enough to have learned this. Perhaps when each of them gets a beau and plans a wedding, we'll see some changes.

I wonder what their parents thought when they saw their hats.

Didn't Beatrice wear a sequined gown for the pre-wedding gala as well? One wonders what her subconscious motivation is surrounding these fashion choices........
Perhaps she just wanted to have fun. Reading ulterior motives into her clothes is perhaps stretching it a bit. She looked cute and lovely. She is young and it is her cousins wedding party. I commend the York girls for not looking like they are 20 going on 40.

I wonder what their parents thought when they saw their hats.

I bet Sarah liked them. :D Eugenie looked very nice in the black dress she wore to the pre-wedding dinner. It might be the best dress she has ever worn, IMHO!

:previous: I agree that Eugenie's dress was nice. Quite a surprise as I rather thought that Beatrice was the one who got a better style in the meanwhile. Well, all the effort from the last months she sadly ruined with her appearances at this wedding. The purple dress simply looks like a rag on her. :nonono:

Didn't Beatrice wear a sequined gown for the pre-wedding gala as well? One wonders what her subconscious motivation is surrounding these fashion choices........

These photos were from the pre-wedding gala. Beatrice's gown is by Sarah Gilbert. I quite like a lot of her designs.

The evening reception dresses were fun too. I'm not a fan of the bottom half of Beatrice's dress, but the top was lovely.

Last edited:
tgrmilk said:

Thi was pre wedding, though not the evening reception....

RubyPrincess168 said:

Yes- because the above pics are not the evening reception but the prewedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom