The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

I really liked the combination including hat and shoes

Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Nobility

She looked great She's not the smallest person but still she has a great body. I have to say I liked all her hats she wore at Ascot this year.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Beatrice, You're Beautiful! | Mail Online
Old 06-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

I love the red dress, which is clearly a short take on the dress Sarah Burton designed for Pippa Middleton to wear at her sister's wedding. That, too, was very slimly cut, to emphasize the derriere. That's purposeful. On Princess Eugenie, it does look a bit too tight because of her much more generous physique, but frankly, it's a vast improvement on other outfits she has worn. We might ask ourselves why a generously-built young woman should NOT be allowed to emphasize her curves with a close-fitting dress. It's a question.

The dress is also much more elegant and attractive -- and rather more appropriate --than many others I've seen worn to Ascot by far slimmer young women.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iara-Ball.html

Eugenie looks far better here then Ascot, the dress is lovely and flatters her figure. She looks amazing! Beatrice looks nice as well but I think her sister is best dressed this time.....(I'm ignoring Sarah)
Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Well, if it suits you... Princess Eugenie recreates Ascot success with red gown at Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball | Mail Online

Eugenie looks far better here then Ascot, the dress is lovely and flatters her figure. She looks amazing! Beatrice looks nice as well but I think her sister is best dressed this time.....(I'm ignoring Sarah)
Both girls are in lovely dresses, I really liked Princess Beatrice's Elie Saab Couture SS2011 dress, the color is great but maybe to much embellishment for her age but still a stunning dress. I like how Princess Eugenie went for simplicity and the dress was all about the cute.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved the subtlety of Beatrice'S Ellie Saab but was stunned by Eugenie's "Lady in Red" look. What a truly fabulous, curvaceous figure she has, and how wonderfully the nipped in waist accentuated it.

This girl has shape! She has a bust, waist and derrière to envy and the subtle draping neckline of that dress emphasised her incredible alabaster skin and how that color really highlights it.

Wow, what an altogether knockout gown, sensual yet innocent. A true pocket rocket.

The style the two girls wore seemed to accent their totally different personalities. Hmmm, it seems that their misses are getting less frequent and their hits a lot more remarkable!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:55 AM
Courtier

I think it is the best I have ever seen both girls! The read on Eugenie looks great and she needs that defined waistline. Beatrice looks good even her hair! They need to get out of the nude thing though there are better shoes and handbags that would have really worked much better. Shows they can do it when they want too!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iara-Ball.html

MRSJ,
Ignoring the fact that Sarah, Duchess of York, was photographed with her two
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH

MRSJ,
Ignoring the fact that Sarah, Duchess of York, was photographed with her two
her daughters, does not change the fact she was on the picture. Sarah has made mistakes, but so has everybody. Unless she personally affected your life in any dimension, what is the point of the dislike? She herself has been attacked personally on many levels since her engagement to HRH Prince Andrew, now HRH the Duke of York. I do not think she expected such a severe wrath, namely ridicule, from the BRF or from the international media when she chose to place herself in the limelight upon her engagement. Constant intense negativity can have negative impact on one's psyche. She, like many people, is simply trying to keep her head above water.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

The red dress is beautiful !!

As to Sarah, I agree with NotHRH - there is nothing to be gained by anyone to constantly rehashing all of Fergie's "mistakes.

Let's move on.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Gentry

The red dress Princess Eugenie wore at Ascot is on Net-à-Porter and it retails for $1,680. Alexander McQueen*|*Cowl-neck wool-crepe dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM

I always wonder how they can afford such expensive clothes. Especially Beatrice's Elie Saab dress. It's Haute Couture, it must really be expensive.

Picture from the runway: Défilé Elie Saab Printemps-été 2011 - Diaporama photo
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Elie Saab and it shows. Good for Beatrice, she's really picking delicate stuff lately and it suits her well. Methinks that she finally got some advices or maybe she developed a better taste at last. I mean, they're both very young and it takes time for some. Beatrice looks great here, also her hairstyle is lovely.
And Eugenie - she looks fab in the red gown! It suits her figure perfectly - much better than the red dress she wore at Ascot (though the dress per se was also fantastic, but not that flattering perhaps). IMO she has a lot of potential as she has a very pretty face, nice complexion and hair color. Love the earrings and make up. Thumbs up!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice & Eugenie both looked amazing! Great dresses on two gorgeous young women.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what the three York ladies come up with at the Zara & Mike Wedding ??
Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I wonder what the three York ladies come up with at the Zara & Mike Wedding ??
Not sure which 3 York ladies you are expecting to see at the Edinburgh wedding, I would be surprised if Sarah were invited.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalps09 View Post
The red dress Princess Eugenie wore at Ascot is on Net-à-Porter and it retails for $1,680. Alexander McQueen*|*Cowl-neck wool-crepe dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM

I always wonder how they can afford such expensive clothes. Especially Beatrice's Elie Saab dress. It's Haute Couture, it must really be expensive.

Picture from the runway: Défilé Elie Saab Printemps-été 2011 - Diaporama photo
B&E must spend a fair amount on clothes, they are always dressed in expensive designer wear, and are very rarely seen to recycle their clothing, unlike other more senior memebrs of the BRF.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

Could it be possible that designers simply give (or lend) their clothes to Beatrice and Eugenie? I know when Nancy Reagan was First Lady she took some heat for accepting clothes from some top designers, but she always insisted that she gave them back after wearing them. Perhaps that's what's going on here. It would also explain why they never wear the same clothes twice. Although I do remember seeing Beatrice in that hot mess of a dress that she wore at Peter and Autumn's wedding (the Alexander McQueen butterfly dress) on multiple occasions after the wedding, so who knows? Are there rules against the Royal Family accepting freebies like there are for the First Family?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Are there rules against the Royal Family accepting freebies like there are for the First Family?
I don't know if there are rules, but I do remember that the shop where Kate bought her blue engagement dress tried to give it to her, but she refused and insisted on paying.
Perhaps the RF gets substantial discounts?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Love Beatrice's dress, some people look very blah in that nude shade but it is lovely on her. Eugenie looks lovely as well, she looks great in red and this dress fits beautifully and flatters her figure. Just goes to show what a difference the fit makes for her .... or anyone for that matter.