Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However you miss the point entirely - they are young women starting out in their lives. The Queen and Camilla are elderly ladies, as is Anne,

Kate is also 7/8 years older so has a larger adult wardrobe behind her.

Reports are that Beatrice and Eugenie won't ever be working members of the RF but will be getting their own jobs and earning their own living and thus will be buying dresses that they can afford and going to events they can also afford and not attending state dinners etc so comparing them to older working royal women is totally irrelevant as well - they won't be using their clothes for that purpose.

In time these girls will recycle but I do wish that people would actually remember how young they are and that they do need time to build up an appropriate wardrobe - like all young ladies. Whether the lady is royal or normal they don't wear at 22 what they wore at 18, particularly when they have lost 2 -3 dress sizes in the intevening years.

Elton's party was his annual fundraiser for his AIDs charity by the way - hardly something for Sarah to get cash from but rather one to raise cash for a cause close to Elton's heart. Here are the princesses attending a charity bash and they are bashed again because they aren't recycling their clothes from some other ball they had attended. It was no different to the sort of event that Kate and William went to a week or so back or the event in LA where people are paying thousands of dollars to attend a polo match because William and Kate will be there - it is for charity.

I don't understand why someone would care why someone hired a stylist - if they want to look good for any event why not hire a stylist if they, or in this case their father, wants to pick up the tab. If they want to spend the money on a lovely dress to look good at a charity event what is the problem?

I agree B&E are women starting out in their lives, but unlike other girls of their age, these two have been attending formal events for years, and ought to have reasonably deep wardrobes. I would not expect them to wear clothes that are 4-5 years old, but certainly things for the last 2-3 years could (and IMO, should) be recycled. Catherine is only just setting out on her royal career, but has already demonstrated how she can recycle older clothes. Perhaps the girls need to think a little carefully on how they spend their inheritance.

Maybe the dresses are borrowed? We don't really know if they actually bought or the dresses are just loaned for PR purposes.

Eugenie's dress is the same one she wore to the after wedding party after Will and Kate's wedding so they do recycle and in all liklihood it's not borrowed....

It's a bit unfair they get knocked if they wear expensive designer dresses, no one seemed to wonder how the Duchess of Cambridge paid for her ARF gown....I think it's nice they are branching out into nicer clothing

Wearing good clothes that look good on them helps with their over-all image, though. Clothes do "make the man"; or, in this case, "the princess." If they look good and feel good about how they look, they will be more successful in whatever they choose to do.

Honestly I think a 22 year old should devote her time to more useful things rather than then "building up a wardrobe" or listening to someone give her fashion advise.

Eugenie's dress is the same one she wore to the after wedding party after Will and Kate's wedding so they do recycle and in all liklihood it's not borrowed....

It's a bit unfair they get knocked if they wear expensive designer dresses, no one seemed to wonder how the Duchess of Cambridge paid for her ARF gown....I think it's nice they are branching out into nicer clothing

Catherine is the Duchess of Cambridge, and the future Queen. Her position is very different from B&E. Also, Catherine does recycle a lot of her clothes.

I think the "recycling" or "upcycling" of clothes is a current trend - a positive one! - and I hope it catches on, especially with royals.

In these days of austerity budgets and the like, Kate and others can be leaders in that field for minimal outlay.

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom