The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Courtier

Hmm, I don't know about that, but then again so much has changed over the years, particularly the last 30 years, which is when my friend Shari (& me for that matter, lol) both wore braces.

I wore them to correct a few of my crooked teeth, whereas Shari supposedly wore hers to correct her huge overbite, as I don't recall her having crooked teeth, nor for that matter I don't recall Princess Beatrice having crooked teeth either? Though I could be wrong, as I honestly haven't followed the girls throughout their lifetime, just in passing.

Anyhow, that's all in the past, the point is that Beatrice looks lovely today. In fact the latest pics of her are absolutely gorgeous, wherein she & her boyfriend Dave Clark attended a dinner together.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Gentry

Always when I see Beatrice it is if I see one of my cousins. Spitting image. This has also to do with the jaw/overbite.
Beatrice ( and my cousin) did have bracelets. And as with Beatrice it did not help enough to correct it. This had nothing to do with"an orthodontist doing a bad job" Some overbites can't be corrected completely with a bracelet only. My cousin was told that she needed an operation to break her jaw... just to rebuild her face..
She chose not to have it done because it was a big operation and she was afraid of not being herself anymore.
Seeing Beatrice I am actually quite sure she has the same problem. Really never seen anyone who looks so much the same as my cousin.
In this day and age we think that everyone should look perfect but there are "problems" that can't be easily corrected. I would not opt for an operation where they have to break my jaw take a part out and rebuild my face! would one of you do that!!
My cousin is lovely, I think Beatrice is lovely . The only thing she needs is fashion advice.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice is beautiful in her own way. I would not want to hear about her going in for such a drastic surgery just to meet society's standard of what she should look like.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

Bionator it is - and it is best used when the child is 10-14 years old and bone growth is still occurring (some would have it done even earlier). It is very hard to get a child to wear one, and my daughter sobbed and couldn't sleep for the first two nights - it was awful. And the doctor deliberately started the procedure on a Friday afternoon, sent her home (at 11) with pain medication.

She survived and stayed with it - and what a difference now, comparing her earlier pictures to today. She would have had a jawline and overbite that was outside our cultural norms and that she did not want that (she was adamant that she didn't want an overbite - the doctor was adamant about the bionator).

Beatrice may or may not have been given the option. There are also benefits to the teeth themselves, as they do not wear down as easily.

After the bianator came years of retainers (and the bionator came off 8 months before the doctor wanted it to, after maybe 2.5 years. Her teeth therefore do not look overly perfect nor does she look unlike herself - I think she (my daughter) chose the right time to take them off.

But the jaw growth difference and overall face shape change was amazing. As her mother, I can truly say I did not notice she needed any such changing - it was the dentist who was so insistent.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
After the bianator came years of retainers (and the bionator came off 8 months before the doctor wanted it to, after maybe 2.5 years. Her teeth therefore do not look overly perfect nor does she look unlike herself - I think she (my daughter) chose the right time to take them off.
Yes, I had to wear a retainer for years, too. I'm not really sure when I stopped wearing it - maybe 5 years after I had braces. Anyhow, I don't remember seeing Beatrice wearing a bionator or retainer, but perhaps she did and we don't know.

Someone posted this picture on my Facebook wall last night, knowing I was interested in the royal wedding. I'd already seen it circulating around on FB...so I figured I might as well post it here, even though as a Beatrice and Eugenie fan, it only makes me embarrassed for them:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...34-469-550.jpg

I responded by posting this picture, with the note that Beatrice can dress well...sometimes. http://i55.tinypic.com/3465007.jpg

I've got to admit - it doesn't help Beatrice and Eugenie's cause that there was one red-headed stepsister and one brown-haired stepsister - and the brown-haired one was wearing blue!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:25 AM

She looked a right state admit it 2 black eyes and teeth red rum would be proud of
Old 05-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

Rmay286, someone put that on my wall too (the Disney photo). And one of my students pointed out that Beatrice was actually wearing a shade of mauve, like the red/pink stepsister.

But hey, they say even bad publicity is better than no publicity at all!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

There was a photo of B&E taken just a few days before the Royal Wedding, both girls looked really nice . It is just a shame that they picked the wrong outfits for the wedding.
It could be that they are not very well advised about what does/doesnot suit them. They could also be struggling to find their own style.
As others have said they really do need advice !
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Commoner

A full length mirror next to the exit would help these two essentially attractive young women immensely. I have often wondered if their father wouldn't have lovingly said: "Are you SURE?" a couple of times and things may have changed. Could be they left it too late. I was appalled at the makeup and the hats. Did they have any advice at all? I wanted to reach thru the TV at 3 am and just shake them (like I would have my own 3 daughters) and tell them, upstairs, change, wash face and come down looking like yourselves. They do need loving gentle fashion/beauty advice, just not from their mother who tries way too hard to look and act like a 20 year old herself. Sheesh
Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Courtier

I don't think a mirror would have helped they obviously liked the outfits and wore them.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

beatrice wore this lovely dress at the polo the other day. i wonder who it is by. it looks great on her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark at the St. Regis International Cup, in time with Jaeger-LeCoulture
at Cowdray Park Polo Club, West Sussex, May 21, 2011.

Pic
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This looks really nice indeed! I like the shoes, the hairstyle & the dress is young and fun. Thumbs up!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

Very nice. So, why does she pick the most awful hats?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Discussion on Princesses Beatrice's hat being auctioned on Ebay can be found in the
Princesses Beatrice hat auctioned on ebay
thread

Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Beatrice at the Chelsea Flower Show Press and VIP Day in London today, May 23,
wearing an elegant pink dress and nicely combined accessories in a reduced light colour.

Redheads and pink that always a great combination, I like it

** Full view ** With a black jacket ** Back view ** Close Up ** Shoes **
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The colour of this dress is so perfect for hair colour. Excellent choice!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Administrator

When Beatrice gets its right its out of the ballpark and than she picks those hats that distract from her outfits. If you look closely at the outfit she wore at William and Kate's wedding (at least the jacket) the outfit looks lovely IMO...and than she wears those over the top hats. I don't get it either.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks fabulous!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Beatrice at the Chelsea Flower Show Press and VIP Day in London today, May 23,
wearing an elegant pink dress and nicely combined accessories in a reduced light colour.

Redheads and pink that always a great combination, I like it

** Full view ** With a black jacket ** Back view ** Close Up ** Shoes **
Exactly, I have nothing more to add. I like everything about this outfit. She looks great and that hairstyle is very feminine (though a bit messy, but that's no big deal here IMO). Thumbs up, definitely!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Love it! Looks better w/o the jacket, IMO. Stunning!