Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 1: January 2007 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both girls are thick just like their mother. No eating disorders here!

I like especially hat with butterflies...but I do not have any photos of it:) It is really crazy

I believe she wore it at the Phillips' wedding.......
Still I believe style is something one has or does not. It does not come with age or needs loads of money. I had read some weeks ago that Roberto Cavalli would have Beatrice as his muse. I hope nothing comes out of this since she is not remotely fitting the mould of his creations......

Both girls are thick just like their mother. No eating disorders here!
I take it you are referring unflatteringly to their physical build as opposed to their intellect. Not that it matters as both connotations are equally as snide and nasty. :bang:

I don't think the girls are unattractive in terms of their physiques. Maybe they're not Victoria Beckham or any of the other stick fashionistas... but why should they be? They just look normal.

How on earth are these girls going to get a clue?

Oh, my God! Eugenie could get away with this to a degree due to youth but the Duchess? No excuse there. I have seen Sarah dress nicely but why does she consistently dress as someone 25 years younger? All it does is emphasize that she isn't in her 20s any more.

The girls just need to find out what really works for them. Ladies of all sizes can dress well, it's just finding the most flattering cuts, proportions, colors, texture and fit. This just proves it doesn't take money to dress well, it takes good judgment to dress well. Money can buy tacky as shown here.

My God! I actually found myself physically recoiling from that first set of Ascot pics. They must go out of their way to find such ugly clothes and hats. We can talk about experimenting all we like and we can all make the odd fashion mistake but they dress so consistently and so extremely badly that I don't think there is any hope for them. Some people have an innate sense of style e.g Ella Windsor but these two don't and I don't believe it can be taught. You either have it or you don't and their mother didn't have it either.

My God! I actually found myself physically recoiling from that first set of Ascot pics. They must go out of their way to find such ugly clothes and hats. We can talk about experimenting all we like and we can all make the odd fashion mistake but they dress so consistently and so extremely badly that I don't think there is any hope for them. Some people have an innate sense of style e.g Ella Windsor but these two don't and I don't believe it can be taught. You either have it or you don't and their mother didn't have it either.

The secret is to find a personal shopper/fashion adviser who can say NO when they choose something inappropriate for their size, shape or whatever so they can buy clothes that fit them well, hide the bad points and accentuate their good points.
I agree, style is something no one can buy. One either has it or not. These ladies need help. With the help of someone who understands them and fashion, they can accomplish wonders.

I agree with Odette. The problem IMO seems to be that they are experimental and they appear to like shopping with their mother. Why can't someone from British Vogue get hold of these girls? I bet they'd be lovely if they were properly turned out.

It's a genetic thing. If you have Sarah for a mother and Anne for an aunt, you can't expect much, can you?;)

For somewhat official events like Royal Ascot, the Trooping of the Colour and weddings, they should use a stylist --- neither has any fashion sense at all. Beatrice is going to a fashion college, maybe that will help. Even Princess Diana put herself into the services of British Vogue when she was dating Prince Charles, and they performed miracles.
For going out to clubs with friends, let B and E wear what they want.

For somewhat official events like Royal Ascot, the Trooping of the Colour and weddings, they should use a stylist...

Everyone's idea of a "royal look" can differ. I'm not sure a stylist is the way to go. A stylist might follow the going fashion trend, which seems to be how the girls are dressing anyways.

I think Beatrice really needs to to something to her look, her fashion sense is horrible, she doesn't know to dress according to her body, her choices are really awfull....But if she fells good with herself....
Eugenie she has potential yes, her face is lovely, but her fashion sense again like her sister is a total disaster.

Well the Mail said they got it right. I don´t think they did at all. Stylist needed urgently...

I remember Queen Elizabeth used to wear a ton of really atrocious flower hats. There was a particular pink one that looked like alient tentacles of what I think was supposed to be tulips. And she was way passed 20 years old mark. So I think Beatrice should have time to experiment and find a style that suits her. It's unfortunate most fashions were made for models who probably only ate one meal a week.

I'm sorry I just dont think that either of these princesses have got it 'right' yet.

I think Beatrice looked great in that coral, tiered dress (#15 in the Bilder series). It was a great color and fantastiic shape.

From Belga Picture
Beatrice splashes out on designer college bag -20 year Princess Beatrice sported a Louis Vuitton designer satchel worth approx ¿630 as she arrived at Goldsmiths College in New Cross, south east London, this morning to begin her history degree.
Belga Picture
Belga Picture

From Belga Picture
Beatrice splashes out on designer college bag -20 year Princess Beatrice sported a Louis Vuitton designer satchel worth approx ¿630 as she arrived at Goldsmiths College in New Cross, south east London, this morning to begin her history degree.
Belga Picture
Belga Picture

just what every student carries about about with them a Louis Vuitton satchel - oh i wish :lol::lol:

I think they are young and haven't found what suits them. This is the time to experiment and enjoy themselves with fashion. If what they wear makes them happy and they are comfortable then that to me is what matters.

This dress is very pretty on Beatrice. The color is very nice against her skin-tone and hair. I like this look.

Oh, she should not have worn that jacket. It totally ruins the look of that dress.

Bea has a quirky sense of...style (or humor?), when it comes to her clothes. To me it just comes across as plain weird though (the butterfly headpiece). But, as it has been stated before, she is in that "transition" stage.

Plus, it's not like she is out doing a lot of royal duties, which would dress her up in a more conservative, stylish look. All we really see are her party clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom