Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 3: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is just okay, nice simple style and nice to see it with a belt of sorts, it is the darn lipstick that is the driving force here, get rid of that ugly shade for it is horrible on her, a soft peach would be so much better, do not try to match the dress with the lipstick ever........like nails and lipsticks should not match either....yet she is a very pretty lady and they are so cute together......

Cute simple dress, great color. The hair...she and Victoria need guidance here!

LaRae

The hairstle is okay but the red dress was very lovely and it matched her husbands tie ;)

Ugh! The return od the fst sausage curls! Looks great on children and teenagers, not so much on grown women.

Sofia's dress is gorgeous and I quite like her hair, actually. The style suits her.

Marg:
I also think those sausages curls are not good yet now that I look at this picture I wonder if perhaps those very curls unroll during the evening and become beautiful silky waves down her back which I bet hubby really loves. Now I understand sausage curls I am liking them for they hold the curl until later when it is needed........?

:previous:
I have a question for you....is there some book out there that says how any one should dress their age or wear their hair? It seems to me that there is lots of ****somebody should do this or because of this or somebody said or being a certain we must do this****there seems to be a lot of what I call *know it alls* telling others what to do. I have experience that in life and wonder who are these people that think they can tell all of society what to do, what to wear or how to look and in fact I will admit to doing the same recently. I am thinking that maybe she wears her hair because her husband loves it on her, he just might love those long curls and plays with them as does the babies ......so she pleases herself and her family with long curls that can and do turn into beautiful silky waves.

I have often wondered about that too. Is there a book somewhere that states that "past age X you really can't wear your hair like this or that anymore"? If there is, I am totally unaware of its existence.

Pigtails (exagerrated, I know) I get, but I really don't understand what's so wrong with "sausage curls". I don't even understand why they are being called as such.

:previous: Like any other fashion opinions voiced here, an opinion on what is too young or too old is a matter of opinion. You don't have to agree, its simply an opinion voiced. While I don't like the hairstyle due to the bad part, I don't see how it is inappropriate due to her age.

I really liked the simple red dress. Very festive. Went great with her coat :flowers:

I have often wondered about that too. Is there a book somewhere that states that "past age X you really can't wear your hair like this or that anymore"? If there is, I am totally unaware of its existence.

Pigtails (exagerrated, I know) I get, but I really don't understand what's so wrong with "sausage curls". I don't even understand why they are being called as such.

A HUGE Thank you for your comment.....for I have been told all my life to act my age.....good grief, how does one act their age, is there a book? And since I am getting gray hair now, for a long time now the hair is red, a soft shade of chestnut red, and it fits with me as friends think I need to go grrrrrrrrrrr *gray*....not in this life time. I think Princess Sofia is just a gorgeous lady, she is so beautiful with those blue eyes and that long silky hair......sausage curls do develop into long silky waves over an evening, that makes her hair more then stunning. So keep the long silky sausage curls/waves for all of us Princess Sofia...they are so pretty.?

A HUGE Thank you for your comment.....for I have been told all my life to act my age.....good grief, how does one act their age, is there a book? And since I am getting gray hair now, for a long time now the hair is red, a soft shade of chestnut red, and it fits with me as friends think I need to go grrrrrrrrrrr *gray*....not in this life time. I think Princess Sofia is just a gorgeous lady, she is so beautiful with those blue eyes and that long silky hair......sausage curls do develop into long silky waves over an evening, that makes her hair more then stunning. So keep the long silky sausage curls/waves for all of us Princess Sofia...they are so pretty.?

Without meaning to insult anyone, perhaps your friends have an old mindset/spirit? Gray hair doesn't suit every woman. Or man, that is.

As long as you feel happy about your current hair color, keep it that way.

And to return to the subject of thread: I think that Sofia can wear her hair as she likes and she hasn't shown up in hideous hairdos. Some were less succesful, but no monstrosities. She's rather the alternating sort.

I like her hair, but the dress is a little bit bland.

Sadly she needs some more supportive undergarments. Her chest is at her waistline. I realize she could still be nursing but some extra support and lift is badly needed.

Yes she needs more support. The dress is a great color but not crazy about the layered ruffle.

LaRae

It´s probably because of the top, the waistline and the offset of her chest (if that makes sense? It differs for every woman) that makes it look like she needs more support. I've never had children but I wouldn't look great in a dress like that either because of the way the top is designed.

I like her choice of earrings!

The color is lovely. :flowers:

I love the earrings ?

But the dress is ill fitted, probably do to lack of support. And overall the style doesn't suit her. She looks much better when she goes simple.

Last edited:
It´s probably because of the top, the waistline and the offset of her chest (if that makes sense? It differs for every woman) that makes it look like she needs more support. I've never had children but I wouldn't look great in a dress like that either because of the way the top is designed.

I like her choice of earrings!

Yeah, I think her breasts are where they’ve always been, even with nursing.
It’s the high waistband and all those ruffles + a turtleneck collar that makes it seem like there’s no support. Trust me, there is no way a nursing woman with a bigger cup size leaves her house without some heavy duty support.

Anyway, I love her hair and her earrings.

I love the look I agree the colour is a bit blah but I love the earring and the simple hair style

I agree about proper undergarments, they are much needed. I don't like the middleparting at all, hairstyle is a bit sloppy with hairpins sticking out.
The dress could have been nice but looks cheap/badly done.

Nice colour dress though a little ill-fitted and I wasn't mad about the parted hairstyle it doesn't suit Sofia.

Sofia in a black and white dress combined with a black hat during the welcome ceremony for the President of Iceland and his wife today, January 17:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Last edited:
oh dear, that dress makes sofia look so wide, and why the hat when nobody else is wearing one.

:previous: The Queen and the First Lady both had hats on when they were outdoors, and most likely took them off when they came inside. Sofia probably didn't get the memo...

On the other hand, horizontal stripes are DEFINITELY NOT flattering for her figure...

Definately too much volume on the skirt part, makes her look wide indeed. Looks much nicer when you cover a bit of the skirt both sides with your fingers. Or if it was a floor lenght dress it would be fine. With her body type and height a knee length, stiff, wide hem is just not flattering at all. I like the hat and overall I think it's a well coordinated outfit.

At first glance I thought it was not a good choice but it is growing on me. I would like to see it from different angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom