Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daytime dress: Very nice, and I also like the hairpiece!

Evening gown: Blue is nice on her, but the tiara has a strange placement on her head, and the purple isn't great with navy blue. Not a disaster, but certainly not her best.

Sofia buys new gowns all the time. She could invest in classic gowns with good material and recycle them. This gown looks ok from the front
https://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/cf/87/cf87919b300449e28b05bfc7060bda7b/680.jpg
But not from the back
http://media.shootitlive.com/UEmOJRamkGJQcWX9oONsgKNdSdQ/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2674

And her hair is a mess like so often.

How unusual that you don't like what she's doing/wearing... :)

She hasn't been royal for that long. I'm sure she'll recycle dresses further along the line. If she doesn't recycle this one, I won't miss it, though.

I love this whole look on her. The tiara makes it, but not of course, if you are a traditionalist. I like a twist and I think her eyes look great with the navy/purple combo, so I think this is great.

I think that lately she's been trying to over compensate some people's previous perception of her dressing in a gaudy way. Perhaps in time she will find a balance. Evidently she was not born with a natural elegance (most people weren't) but people can and do learn in time how to dress smartly, especially when they have monetary resources as she does now.
The correct positioning of a tiara is something she has yet to improve.
All in all, her outfit was ok.

Welcome: white dress is elegant. Too bad about the hairpiece which seems better suited for an evening event or another hairstyle. The ornament might look better with more hair behind it.

Banquet: pretty blue. I'd prefer the front panel under the collar instead of over. I appreciate she wore another new-to-her tiara despite the awkward placement.

I'd like to see some better pics of the navy dress...my initial reaction is I really like it.

LaRae

That tiara is difficult to wear. She needed the Swedish hairdressers help. The gown is ok
Agree that she has made an effort to be very covered up since her marriage, much more than her mil and sil

Last edited:
I love the stones in the tiara...the setting is throwing me off or how she's wearing it..something about it I don't like.

I do think she has to deal with a big double standard when it comes to dressing (which is weird to me considering how 'progressive' Sweden is). If she'd worn a dress like Maddie has on people would be calling for her head.

LaRae

Sofia looked fantastic during the day. The simple well tailored white dress looked great. The only miss was the awful headpiece. Reminds me of something cp Mary wore, didn't like in her either.

This evening mixed emotions. From the front it looked lovely. Again the simpler style suits her. I like the added detail at the collar and belt. The color is lovely.

But from the back it doesn't look good. It looks I'll tailored, and like I have seen before looks like she us walking on her hem.

I love the amathyst tiara but I don't like it on her. I think if positioned better and with a better hairdo it would suit her. The amathyst said suit her darker hair. Also not a fan of the amathyst with the navy blue dress.

But over all a pretty good day.

This is a nice gown, I love the color on her and the embellishments around the neck is lovely. The downside of her look was her hairstyle with the tiara. Her hair should've been pulled up and her tiara to sit more forward on her head, it looks like it's slipping off the back.

I thought Princess Sofia was the best dressed lady yesterday. Great effort.

I liked Sofia's evening gown. It was a little too long for her but it had such a lovely dark blue color that I could not help but like it.
It was interesting choice to team her dress with the Amethyst tiara. Its also interesting to see how differently tiaras can be placed. Did not like this placement very much because it looked too far back on her head (but that was her hairdresser's fault and not hers).

The dress was just fine, despite my personal dislike for those collars.Still better than the one she wore during the nobels. The amethyst looked fine as well, but the placement of the tiara was wrong. She hasn't sported a polished gala updo since her wedding. For this reason, I think she should just fire her hairstylist.

That dress, taken alone, is awful, but strangely enough, it looks good on Sofia. The shoes not so much.

Ok that is a mess...hope we never see that dress again.

LaRae

A mess is the perfect word for that dress. Someone needs to remove all the hair gel from that household. Both she and her husband would look much better without it.

Love it! :flowers: Is it pink? Delicious!

This appears to be from the same line as the gown Madeleine wore in December or a close copy there of. I realize that Sofia is trying to find a 'Royal look', but oftentimes she appears to be basically copying her SIL. Like the Nobels last year when on the 2nd night Sofia wore essentially the exact gown that Madeleine had worn on the first night.

The pink evening dress. Love the color. I don't love the rest of it. It's very tablecloth looking.

LaRae

I think that the day set is something I would never wear, would not pick for her, but as someone else said, she pulls it off.

That blush pink dress is to die for.

All these looks the last two days are very covered up. I wonder if that's where her taste is heading and/or if she just chills easily in the winter.

I had jury duty last week and the defendant was so chilled, he pulled his arms inside his short-sleeved shirt. I felt for him. I feel for anyone who is either easily chilled or hot! :eek:

mmm... maybe sofia should consult a stylist. the choices today were most odd.

Thoroughly disappointed. After a great day yesterday, a fantastic day dress (minus headpiece) and lovely evening look (save long hem and bad tiara place) I had big hopes for today.

Both looks remind me of the nobels where her second day look, looked like an attempt to dress like Madeleine.

Her day dress was too much. I liked the pattern and top half. But the pleated skirt was too much, paired with the busier print, was too much. And the band around the bottom was bizarre. If it had not had pleats, more Aline, it would be much better, and no band. Much prefer the color to the odd black flowers on Madeleine yesterday.

The evening dress the only nice thing I can say is lovely color :flowers:

It looks like she out a lace panel over a sundress to look more modest. Reminds me of the duggars and their modesty pannels. The 3D flowers I find ugly and way too much. And the collar honestly looks like it was cut off a different dress and added here.

Sofia really should stick to the simple classic styles we saw yesterday. They suit her. And realize that in her attempt to be the opposite of her former sexy persona, she doesn't need to play old maid.

This appears to be from the same line as the gown Madeleine wore in December or a close copy there of. I realize that Sofia is trying to find a 'Royal look', but oftentimes she appears to be basically copying her SIL. Like the Nobels last year when on the 2nd night Sofia wore essentially the exact gown that Madeleine had worn on the first night.

Madeleine's dress was designed by Fadi El Khoury, Sofia's dress yesterday evening was designed by Ida Sjöstedt. The dress has a nice colour but it is too long and would suit better for an older lady. It would have looked better without that thing on the neck, and with a full slip or camisole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom