Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this ..... the all one color was beautifully matched and that is a difficult thing to accomplish. Not a particular fan of the dress but .... oh well .... some days are better than others. If this is the worst Sophia ever does then she is doing just fine. As to comparisons to Kim K., good grief NO!!!! Just because she has long dark hair and occasionally wears a form fitting dress (not tight) does NOT make her a KK look alike.

I think the dress works for a church service. A jacket in black, or red would have livened it up, and better foundation garments would do wonders, but that's about it. Nothing to make a fuss over.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I agree. Better undergarments would make a world of difference.

The dress for me is okay, nothing exceptional, I would have looked better with a jacket.

I bet Sofia picked that dress thinking it couldn't possibly be controversial because it was simple and neutral! Personally, I think it's fine if a little bland - some contrasting colour or jewellery would have helped.

Since HM Queen Sofia set black and white as the 'order of dress' for the Opening of Parliament, it narrows the options just as much as the nature of the occasion itself does. It is formal, but it is not a funeral.
Queen Sofia died 1913!!

Last edited:
I don't necessarily find the dress inappropriate, but I do find it ill fitting and I just cannot stand that color. A little beige is fine, but an entire dress is just ugly, imo.

And I hate turtlenecks, so that makes this dress very ugly for me.

I don't necessarily find the dress inappropriate, but I do find it ill fitting and I just cannot stand that color. A little beige is fine, but an entire dress is just ugly, imo.

i agree. the dress is fine and neutral, it just doesn't fit well and makes her look washed out. the double colouring of the hair doesn't help either...

i agree. the dress is fine and neutral, it just doesn't fit well and makes her look washed out. the double colouring of the hair doesn't help either...
Exactly. It's just not very pretty. But I don't think it deserves all the hate. It was just a miss, let's move on :p So far, if this is the worst she has done, she is doing marvelous!

@Queen Claude - I read the Daily Mail article and the paper really dug deep to find fashion match ups between Sofia and Kim. The SRF must be having a headache over this. There are must be plenty of royal women and other prominent ladies to be compared, and probably wore similar outfits, DM & SD chose of all women Kim Kardashian. Three guesses as to why the side by side of these two, and none of them are good. Before her marriage Sofia has been compared to Kate in sense of fashion. I think it's a reflection of the editorial boards to now to go after Sofia - both subtly and outright - now that she is a full fledged member of the SRF.

:previous: Sadly I tend to agree. The really silly thing is that if we trawled through the photos of all of our younger royals we would find the same colour combinations. The Blergh Beige is the only one that comes anywhere close in shape or style.

Kim Kardashian is at present the most photographed and written about woman in the world and is definitely the most covered celebrity by The Daily Mail. IMO the news here is that Kim Kardashian may have replaced Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as the fashion standard bearer for a British based publication.

When the Daily Mail does these kinds of stories they get thoroughly mocked because the comparisons are so superficial but I suppose they keep doing them because they get clicks due to people liking to look at pictures and getting their dander up over the silly claims that A must be copying B because they both wore a basic outfit/clothing item.

By the way there are quite a few comments scolding DM for comparing the "lovely," "classy," "elegant," "royal" Sofia to trashy Kim.

This story in and of itself is no big deal but, if this trend continues, I can see some courtiers becoming concerned that the member of the Swedish royal family who gets the most limelight is the wife of the soon to be fourth in line to the throne.

Last edited:
How can they compare ! Both are dressed in beige but apart from that...:bang::eek:

I believe this comparison started in the Svensk Damtidning which unfortunately has turned into a very low-class magazine about royals. Their coverage of the royal families in Sweden and elsewhere is often sensationalized. It used to be a great place to read about royals presented in a respectful way.

This story in and of itself is no big deal but, if this trend continues, I can see some courtiers becoming concerned that the member of the Swedish royal family who gets the most limelight is the wife of the soon to be fourth in line to the throne.
I don't think we need fear that at all, so long as Sofia is admired for being Sofia and nobody implies she has surgically enhanced buttocks, who cares?

The outfits were the same color that is all nothing the whole idea is ridiculous.

Kim Kardashian is at present the most photographed and written about woman in the world and is definitely the most covered celebrity by The Daily Mail. IMO the news here is that Kim Kardashian may have replaced Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as the fashion standard bearer for a British based publication.

When the Daily Mail does these kinds of stories they get thoroughly mocked because the comparisons are so superficial but I suppose they keep doing them because they get clicks due to people liking to look at pictures and getting their dander up over the silly claims that A must be copying B because they both wore a basic outfit/clothing item.

By the way there are quite a few comments scolding DM for comparing the "lovely," "classy," "elegant," "royal" Sofia to trashy Kim.

This is where the difference is. The SRF has spent considerable time and money rehabilitating Sofia's image to make her acceptable as a royal bride. Sofia's NSFW pictures and questionable blogs and comments have been removed from the internet. (Well, nothing is really gone from the internet.) Her reality show past is not on her CV on the royal court's website. Three months into her royal marriage and Sofia is being compared to a woman who rose to fame with a high "ick" factor sex tape and still in the news for the wrong reasons. It looks like all that work by the court was for nothing. I also think this is what some members of the press, especially the editors, really think of Sofia - Sofia and Kim are cut from the same cloth. The press wrote good stories in the beginning to stay on the good side of the SRF and use a Cinderella/Pretty Woman to sell papers and get clicks. Now that Sofia is in, the gloves are going to start to come off.

The DM really only covers female royals because of their outfits. Sofia is the new royal on the block so this sort of article is inevitable.

Its not a reflection on her but on the Mail Online.

I believe this comparison started in the Svensk Damtidning which unfortunately has turned into a very low-class magazine about royals. Their coverage of the royal families in Sweden and elsewhere is often sensationalized. It used to be a great place to read about royals presented in a respectful way.
You're right, SD and royalista did a story just comparing Sofia's beige dress to a beige dress worn by Kim Kardashian and then DM picked up on the story and added in a couple more comparisons where both Kim and Sofia paired white shirts with black bottoms. :rolleyes:

The DM really only covers female royals because of their outfits. Sofia is the new royal on the block so this sort of article is inevitable.

Its not a reflection on her but on the Mail Online.
I agree especially the bolded part. Although I have to admit that I visit that the Mail Online to see what people are wearing, so I am their target.

Responding to other comments in another thread, will post link shortly.

Link

Last edited:
Iam really not sure about the whole outifit. The coat is nice, but I don't think it fits well with a simple black dress and black hose and shoes. Her hair isn't looking glod either. Well, it is a concert for refugees, so no need to look glittering at least.

Not a fan of her look in the pic...not even her hair.

LaRae

Not liking this look. The coat itself is nice, but it doesn't appear to fit well. Everything else can't be seen due to the lighting.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Sofia's outfit is perfect for the occasion, and is the same level of informality as what Carl Philip has chosen to wear. Another win, Sofia!

I think Sofia's outfit is perfect for the occasion, and is the same level of informality as what Carl Philip has chosen to wear. Another win, Sofia!

I agree. Love the whole look.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Totally agree. Perfect for this event. The coat very nice. Also i like this time and the style of Carl-Philip.

I think she looks fine - I like the coat. I think her hair is a bit off but I'm never a huge fan of her hair, anyway!

I think what might be throwing the look of is that she hasn't closed/buttoned the coat giving the illusion that it's ill fitting. I think it's an ok look, a bit curious about what's under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom