Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sofia's outfit is perfect for the occasion, and is the same level of informality as what Carl Philip has chosen to wear. Another win, Sofia!
I think Sofia looked great. Liked the coat and loved the dress. In fact, she was far more decorous than Carl Philip. That being said, I didn't mind what Sofia's hair was doing and am now totally aware that collarless coats are "in" this winter in the Northern Hemisphere.

As to Carl Philip? Well, I guess you could call not wearing a tie informal as opposed to casual where one would expect jeans.

Last edited:
Liked Sofia's outfit, and the coat was very nice. But she needs a small clutch purse. The strap across the coat is very distracting. Other than that, she looks good.

:previous: I see what you mean but in a concert venue where you are going to be sitting down (maybe even jumping up and down) and moving around, a strap across the body is the way to go. No undignified crawling around with one's exterior posterior sticking in the air as you grope under seats. :D

I liked what I could see of her dress as well:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...public/storage_1/media/28_4.jpg?itok=FKuxsy0X

Last edited:
Beautiful compination the black with the red coat. For the trip and the thirst event nice .

Sofia is looking great here. Beautiful complexion. Very appealing presentation. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
It seems to be Victoria's coat from 12th March 2011, just the flaps of the pocket are inside.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The coat looks good on Sofia, but I'm not a fan of her top.
While the colour and general style are similar, Victoria's coat seems to have more distinct reveres and is 'Car Coat' length while Sofia's is quite a bit longer. I didn't think there was quite that difference in height between them.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Carl+Philip+Sweden+Princess+Sofia+Visit+vBFfTGUmQl3x.jpg

But, when you look at both . . . . :doh:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Carl+Philip+Sweden+Princess+Sofia+Visit+iGqRqMWBmBEx.jpg

Good call LadyFinn! :notworthy:

Last edited:
I don't like the red jacket at all, I like the top, the troussers and the boots...not the red...

uhm, the top was a bit too similar to other tops she has worn, but it was fine. I think the red coat was meant to pop some color, but it didn't fit her IMO. Terrible hair.

I like the coat and the pants and the boots but would have preferred a plain black top under the coat. But the outfit was fine. Nothing was too tight or too revealing or too short. Sofia was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

Sofia's Day 1 ensemble was a very good choice for the range of activities, the outfit looked best with the red coat on, when she took it off it still looks nice but lost a little oomph. The biggest letdown was the hair, Sofia's hair style looks OK but her hair looks damaged - looks like she needs a good cut and condition and to lay off coloring/harsh products for a few months.

Last edited:
Perfect ! Beautiful and c lassy.... a beauty !

I like the coat, the slacks, and the boots, but the top is not to my taste. Plain white would have looked better. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the colour of the coat is amazing and suits Sofia well. It's sweet that Victoria lent her it as well. I'm not a fan of the top though, it's not my cup of tea and I don't think it works well with the coat.

Sofia's outfit during her second day in Dalarna, there's not much to write home about as it's just a normal casual look but here we go:

Full view ~ Close up

And she also wore a second outfit yesterday. The cape is from Zara and the dress is from Indiska:

Full view

I think she's doing really well with her outfits nothing over the top. I liked the red coat but don't think it's a hand me down. Different cut to Victorias

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Simple and nice outfits.... what can she wear outdoors ?

Nice casual look on both days.what did Sofia wear to the dinner? I only saw a photo of her parents and grandmother

I think she is doing great!!!!!

I really like the casual outfit. She looks comfortable, and appropriate.

Sofia was very beautiful. Nice dress nice color nice hair. There nevertheless liked this ribbon in her hair.

I love the color...but the style...it's just matronly. I don't like the top part of the dress/outfit.

LaRae

I like the colour but not much else - the fitting is off, too tight around the bust, loose at the back and the chocolate box ribbon in her hair looks silly.

The dress is too tight to a church event, at many photos too much is showing, the bow at her hair is awful and she should have had her hair up, now it was a total mess.
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/47/2c/472cf580a2d24817b1b26801b9a5e45a/1560@80.jpg
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/75/7e/757ece1f43bb41eeab69ce18c41116d6/1560@80.jpg
To some other event her outfit would have been fine, but not to a christening at a church.

I don't see the dress as 'too tight' at all. :flowers: It is merely form fitting but she was truly covered up, and, in fact, her dress fully covered her knees when she was sitting down in church, unlike all the other royal ladies in her row. That tells me she is aware of presenting modestly, and she is definitely not trying to draw attention to herself. IMO she dressed appropriately for the church.

I notice her bow is the same pink color as Estelle's. :flowers:

I love the color of the dress, but that's it. The style is aging Sofia somehow. The hair is a disaster. It looks like she rolled out of bed, put the bow in her hair and left the house.

I don't see the dress as 'too tight' at all. :flowers: It is merely form fitting but she was truly covered up, and, in fact, her dress fully covered her knees when she was sitting down in church, unlike all the other royal ladies in her row. That tells me she is aware of presenting modestly, and she is definitely not trying to draw attention to herself. IMO she dressed appropriately for the church.

I notice her bow is the same pink color as Estelle's. :flowers:
I agree fully! I loved the dress. Very modern with it's 70s feel in the model :) I'm so so on the hair and bow. Not hating it, not loving it. And the dress is not tight! It's fitted.

I'm not sure about Sofia today. The hair is okay, but she could have done better. And the bow ... well, I'm switching between “Yes, it is nice“ :flowers: and “No, what a silly thing“ :eek: The dress is nice (color and style) except for the arms. I can't help it, but I always have Dianas wedding dress in mind when I look at Sofias arms today. They look to 80s-inspired for my liking and I don't like 80s fashion very much. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom