Princess Pavlos, Marie Chantal's Fashion and Style Part 1: February 2003 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this gala dress, and this tiara is amazing! She looks so gorgeous and regal!

OMG wearing Queen Frederika's tiara....gorgeous!

She really can't put a foot wrong (except too tight in the tummy dress) Fabulous tiara, green velvet, what a color; pale pink and gray outfit. All gorgeous hatsexp magenta.
woul love to know th frederika tiara back story

An understated, elegantly styled gown that suitably displays the showstopper tiara on her head.

Last edited:
Her gala dress is simply gorgeous! MC looks stunning, it's her best look imo.

In addition to the pics I've posted yesterday, here's one of her gala dress without the white jacket:

** Upper part - gala dress, January 14 **

Today, January 15, Marie-Chantal wore a nice coat and lovely hat, in the evening a long velvet gown:

** Outfit 1 full view ** Outfit 1 with a hat ** Gala dress **

Gala dress worn on Jan 14, the top part is quite nice, forget the bottom part of the dress.

Jan 15, MC's coat is by Valentino, lovely piece and quite a classic one as well. The hat looked nice and I like how she matched a nice shade of grey with the shoes & skirt. The only thing about the look I didn't like was the pearl necklace over the coat.

The gala dress later that day was not bad but the shoulder detailing was a bit too big for her body frame.

The velvet dress is sheer perfection on CP Marie Chantal- BEST look in quite sometime, impeccably tailored too.

Marie Chantal during the celebrations of Queen Margrethe's jubilee, January 14, wearing
three different outfits, all looked great:

** Outfit 1 full view ** Outfit 1 upper part ** Outfit 2 full view ** Outfit 2 close up **

** Outfit 3 full view ** Outfit 3 upper part **

1: okay, actually quite stylish, but perhaps a bit too casual?
2: well, MC has good taste - this hat has been one of my latest favorites of Treacy's collections, but I don't think it suits her or at least it isn't positioned in a proper way on her head. Covers her forehead too much and I think it suits a young lady much better. Not sure if open shoes are very matching here either.
3: oh well - actually a good idea, but the result wasn't fab at all. I like the fur bolero a lot and the dress is beautiful, but it's true - she's too short for such dresses and it looks too tight on some areas.

In addition to the pics I've posted yesterday, here's one of her gala dress without the white jacket:

** Upper part - gala dress, January 14 **

Today, January 15, Marie-Chantal wore a nice coat and lovely hat, in the evening a long velvet gown:

** Outfit 1 full view ** Outfit 1 with a hat ** Gala dress **

The fringe tiara looks fantastic on her! I like the outfit she wore on the balcony and to the church and the green gala dress is simply a dream on MC. She looked absolutely regal. The tiara may be a bit too big for a petite woman like her, but I don't mind it too much here - the overall appearance is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely dusty rose color and I like the detailing on the coat, but I don't care for the hat too much. And what a retro look for the shoes; I'd like it strapless better.

MC in the velvet gown is stunning! She looked every bit the crown princess that she is.

MC was the best dressed at the gala event imo. And her tiara was gorgeous.

Marie-Chantal at the London Philippine fashion show in London on March 8, 2012, wearing black pants
and a white blouse. She's worn a similar combination before, looks good on her:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

She looks good overall, but I'm not sure if that's not too many ruffles for her? It's a bit overwhelming. I love the bag!

Marie Chantal doesn't look bad, but she's far from looking good either.
I don't care for the blouse, the pants make her legs look short, while the shoes miserably fail in their attempt to be fashion forward. The clutch is totally mismatched.
Pavlos, on the other hand, looks rathen nice; I like that casual elegance look in men.

:previous:
I fully agree with you. Volume sleeves and extra ruffles of the blouse overwhelmed the whole look with.

And may I add to your thorough analysis that I find M-C's hair is also very lank and shapeless and could do with a better style.

Last edited:
I think the blouse is too much for her.

If the sleeves of the blouse were simpler, the whole look would be more balanced. The main ruffles would have given to it a more special touch and that would be it. But now it's just too busy. The black trousers and the bag are very elegant though.

Marie-Chantal at the Celia Kritharioti Spring/Summer 2012fashion show in London on March 20, 2012,
wearing a nice dress and a great coat - I like that look on her!

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

She looks great! I love the details.

Well, actually, I have to take a pass on that pattern. It looks too busy for her diminutive frame and it actually looks like my mom's chenille bedspread with the lace trim resembling the bobbles. I'd have liked to have seen her pleated dress.

Last edited:
Not a fan. I agree that it looks like Valentino and I'm not so fond of Valentino anymore, what they design nowadays is almost always too rosy and/or a bit kitschy for my taste. I prefer Tatiana's outfit, it's much sharper. I still like MC's bag.

Last edited:
I quite like this pretty outfit, these kind of details and patterns have been such a big trend the last 3 years at least. I also like her bag but it doesn't match the outfit. A simple golden or nude clutch would have been perfect IMO.

I love the Valentino coat, not sure about the pleated tent underneath though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom