The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the clutch, shoes, and the bottom of the dress. The top of the dress looks a bit baggy and droopy, but overall the color and the lace pattern are very pretty.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love her outfit. She and her daughter both look really beautiful.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

She can certainly carry the short length of the skirt off because she is slim but it is inappropriate to go to (a Greek) church in such a short skirt with bare legs, esp. if you are married to Pavlos. And those shoes of her baby, silver, tacky...........
http://i26.tinypic.com/29wa3wl.jpg
Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is not an elegant overall appearance.
The dress does not fit at all, shoes and bag don't go with the dress, and the over-usage of this kind of heavy lace on a short summer dress drags it down literally.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Gentry

Mc

IMO Marie Chantal's dress is lovely. Her Louboutin "City" shoes have a great nude look up against her tan and go well with the look. Her matching clutch is also beautiful. Seems like the occasion was a less formal, more relaxed in dress (for everyone) celebration than previous ones. I find no fault in her wearing this beautiful outfit.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I always love the elegance of MC. This is not doing it for me. Dress is OK ,shoes are OK, purse is OK, but together ?...and then to wear big pearl bracelets and diamond necklace and earrings. Somethings off. Not up to the usual MC IMO.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Ill-fitting is the least I could say...I agree with white,but this lace is so very thick.Add the long sleeves and you've got a "summery" disaster.I don't know what she was thinking,I can't find anything elegant here.The clutch,the platform shoes,the huge bracelets,the messy hair,the lack of make-up (or was there any?),well...she did surprise me a lot this time.What happened to her fashion sense?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Gentry

Just read on the Hello Magazine site in the new issue # 1085 will have article on the christening. Maybe someone can post pictures or more info on it.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Nobility

any one know the price and the brand of her brown shoes i love them
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Gentry

Her shoes are by Christian Louboutin. They are called City . I agree,
they are gorgeous. If you notice she is also wearing them at the recent christening.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Nobility

Indeed the shoes are gorgeous, sexy, a totally summer look b u t not for a christening and especially not when you happen to be the mother of the baby to be christened.
Her hair also looks messy. Her make-up is rather poor. The jewels are rather heavy.

The dress is OK but not for a christening (consider the fact that the baptism took place in a women's convent and the code of dress is rather strict...).

For me, this appearance is one of her worst, if not the worst of the 5 baptisms of her children.
I adored the creme beige suit she wore at the baptism of Konstantine Alexios and the simple light dress she wore at the baptism of Odysseas (so appropriate for a baptism and a convent). I loved the pink suit at the baptism of Achilleas. I cannot recall what she wore at the baptism of her first child...
But this outfit??? It is totally ill-fitting to her, to her family, to the occasion, to the environment....

However, I envy the family she has created with Pavlos. They are surely blessed!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Nobility

In Rex Features, I found some pics of MC I have never seen.

Enjoy them!!!

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeleia View Post
In Rex Features, I found some pics of MC I have never seen.

Enjoy them!!!

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library
Princess Pavlos looks stunning at all photos, they are so rare!
Thank you very much for them Emmeleia!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Nobility

I agree with posters who disliked MC's outfit at last baptism. Have you noticed that on many photos there is a yellow panel on the wall, which says in greek and english that this is a women convent, and visitors should dress appropriately ? Haha, maybe in the inside they gave MC a clothe to cover more legs, as they do in Italy... I think it would have been great if the upper part had been a kind of summer coat (I like the idea of cream lace for a sophisticated christening), and there would have been a longer skirt made of softer fabric, like MC often wears. Anyway, I hope we'll see the evening outfits in the Greek Hello ; the orange evening dress by Valentino at Odysseas' christening dinner was a delight, to my taste.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Nobility

The lace was beautiful, but I agree that the skirt was too short. A huge difference would have been made with simply adding a few inches to the skirt. It was a particularly bad choice for the baptism of one's child and a convent. I find that that the majority of the family was dressed to casually for a baptism.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Nobility

Have you noticed also that not only MC chose to wear lace for the baptism but also her mother (in a more lighter version and much more discreetly) as well as Isabel Getty, a light summer, very short, white dress ???

Do you know brands????

Have you noticed the large ring MC wears??? price anyone???

Also I tried hard to figure out the jewel Maria Olympia wears, something like a big heart. Anyone knows details???
Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeleia View Post
Have you noticed also that not only MC chose to wear lace for the baptism but also her mother (in a more lighter version and much more discreetly) as well as Isabel Getty, a light summer, very short, white dress ???
Has Isabel Getty attended?Is this confirmed?
I heard Pia & Isabel were there,but never saw pics of them during the christening.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

This took place in the 2nd week of September I think. Marie-Chantal at the opening of her new store in London wearing a dark charcol/navy dress with a belt.
Make up looks nice especially the eye make up.
Picture
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The color of the dress is nice, but she looks pregnant in this photo. I can't tell if that is due to a bulky skirt, or if there is some sort of top layer on the skirt. Her hair and makeup are very nice.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

This dress is gorgeous.But her make-up & glowing hair are the best,imo.
Carine Mavroleon looks at her best,too!

Tags
fashion, marie chantal, style