Princess Michael of Kent's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The colors of the top are pretty, but this is a very dated look. Now if that was a short velvet jacket with a complementary blouse, it would be a lovelier look. The pattern, embroidery on the cuffs and velvet make it look very heavy, further emphasized by the heavy chunky necklace. I also didn't care for her fur stole with the dangling tails.

Last edited:
:previous:

Seems as if I'm agreeing all the time with you today. :p But I have to - the fur stole is actually very pretty, but out of place with this outfit. Princess Michael doesn't seem to care as much about her appearances in the last few years as she used to. She's always been recycling a lot and I think she's good at that, but apart from her outfits at the royal wedding last year I can't really recall seeing her wearing something that wasn't at least ten years old or so lately. Hm...

Princess Michael looks so elegant and chic in the simplicity of this outfit; the flower tucked under the hat brim gives such a great focal point to the look. A lovely blush/beige color, and I love her pearl earrings and necklace and the shamrock brooch with the emeralds. Understated and beautiful.

Last edited:
:previous: My compliments to the hatmaker. It must have taken quite a bit of patience to form the subtle lines from one piece of wool.

I believe the hat is by Philip Treacy. IIRC I've seen it among his latest collection.

I'm glad that he carries a more traditional line in addition to the flamboyant fascinators we usually see. PM's hat is gorgeous and so beautifully crafted.

Last edited:
Oh yes, Treacy actually provides all kind of styles and many gorgeous hats. Princesses Mary and Marie of Denmark have worn them as well and most of Camilla's, Gabriella's and MC's hats are by Treacy. It's just that Zara and the York girls most of the time choose his most OTT designs. ;)

Last edited:
She looks wonderful, nude shades become her well!! Great jewels as always!!

As they say in Texas, "The bigger the hair, the closer to God"

The entire outfit is gorgeous, the coat in particular is absolutely stunning.

The coat is indeed very pretty and I love the gloves with it.
But nah, not even Iceflower can convince when it comes to that hairstyle. :D I really don't like it.

As they say in Texas, "The bigger the hair, the closer to God"

How funny these Texans are... :p

The coat is okay, but the hat looks really strange, a bit like she had a snake wrapped round it.

I rather dislike both.
Princess Michael is usually very elegant, but the coat is frumpy and the hat - just average.
The brooch is beautiful and makeup - expertly done, but that's probably the only positive comment I can make about the look.

I liked the makeup and accessories but I don't think the coat had a nice cut.

Princess Michael's ensemble is awkward. A loose coat was not particularly flattering. Big buttons and pockets were too much. The hat was further aggravated the look. I liked the ecru -beige colour combination.

Last edited:
The coat looks out of proportion as if it should have been worn by a shorter person; pockets and buttons are placed too high and the hem looks uneven in front. The hat is just awful, but the brooch divine.

The coat looks like maternity wear and the hat looks like something from a costume party. Nice brooch.

It does look relatively better from the side.

:previous:I'm sorry, but those feathers or whatever they are are just creepy. It looks like a couple of pythons are wrapping themselves around PM's head, ready to squeeze her brains out!:eek: Thanks for the unnerving photos, Dierna!:D:flowers:

Last edited:
That hat looks dangerous to whoever is sitting behind her.

At least she wore a small hat , good news for people sitting behind her (William and Kate’s wedding ! )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom