Princess Michael of Kent's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen this dress on many occasions. The color is nice for her and she looked beautiful. I didn't like the shoes since the dress is a little short the shoes looked heavy or something.

M-C is wearing "nude" shoes, which are very popular at the moment. My guess is they are probably from LKBennett, also a favourite of the DoC

You can't go wrong with nude coloured shoes as they go with everything.
I thought her dress was fine even if it is an old recycled one.

Heart attack. so many gorgeous pictures of the imperial Marie-Christine. The woman is a diva, if I wasn't gay that Michael would have a serious problem lol.

Heart attack. so many gorgeous pictures of the imperial Marie-Christine. The woman is a diva, if I wasn't gay that Michael would have a serious problem lol.
Always been one of the best dressed royals ever.......
For Greece she looks fanatstic and I bet is cool.The temps at that time of year are difficult to dress for to say the least.Marie Christine has done a specatacular job of it as usual..

I'm kneeling n' bowing to that glorious Diva!! :wub: She's just too fab to be true,so wonderful, so glamorous, so 80's! Luv the hat, the elegant gloves n' the double pearl strand. Luv her to the extreme! She shouldn't write books, we should write books about her. She deserves her own encyclopedia in the History of Fashion! Mon dieu!

The Princess could stand to lose a bit of weight as it shows on her legs and body-her clothes fall elegantly no matter what- but what a difference if she lost weight.

Her legs have always been MC's problem area, IMO. No matter how young or thin she was, they've always been fat. But I think, it's kind of normal for a woman of 1,85m/about 6 ft. Furthermore I think women are getting a bit heavier after the menopause and to me she looks totally okay. :)

Princess Michael looked great. The wedding ensemble is impeccable. Icy greenish blue colour favourably enhanced her complexion.

Last edited:
Pre-wedding gown was really nice. I liked it. The wedding outfit also was lovely. She looked elegant yesterday and today.

Disliked the wedding outfit, and the hat looked like a big lampshade!

Love the pre-wedding dinner gown!

Last edited by a moderator:
The pre-wedding gown was quite amazing and I liked the idea of the hairstyle but the presumedly fake hair is by far not one of my favorite styles on Princess Michael. The wedding look was simply splendid, a huge hat, fantastic color choice & fabric of the suit. All in all perfectly regal and glamorous IMO. ;)

Has anyone seen any photos besides the one in the car of Princess Michael attending the dinner for the US president?

Princess Michael of Kent at the wedding celebrations in Monaco on July 2nd, 2011.

At the wedding ceremony itself: wearing a nice blue costume and lovely hat, only the sleeves are a bit too fluffy.

** Full view ** Upper part **

At the dinner and ball in the evening: nice white and creme dress, the upper part looks a little tight.

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower! :flowers:

IMO the blue jacket only worked perfectly with this hat. Yesterday's hat was too small and I'm not sure about its shape. But overall she looked elegant.

The dress from the dinner was okay, a bit too tight indeed :D, but I don't really understand the hairstyle - especially the arrangement of the diamond daisies. What I found interesting though: this hairstyle looks a bit as if she had a curly bob; I think that would look fabulous on her and it would make her look years younger. Yes, please cut your hair down, MC! :D

Last edited:
Oh, the sleeves ! the sleeves !!!

And the strapless gown ...... some of us more mature ladies would not wear such a revealing dress.... but Marie-Christine always liked to show off a little.

Referring back a bit-the pics at the sian Women awards do show real emeralds. I don't know the providence of the necklace or earrings but I can assure you that the ring and bracelet (s) are real emeralds and diamonds as she has been wearing them since the late 1970's-80's.

Would anyone have any idea what brooch or family order Princess Michael
is wearing at the funeral?

I have the answer to my own question about Princess Michael's order she
was wearing at the funeral.

"HRH was awarded the Order of the Starry Cross by Her Imperial Highness the Archduchess Regina of Austria who died in 2010, she is a Grand Dame of the Order of Malta, and in September 2010 received the Order of Mercy in recognition of her 32 years unpaid charity work."

This is a very elegant black dress, very appropriate for a funeral like this one. I'm normally not too keen on these hats, though it's quite obvious that MC can pull them off very gracefully.

She looked very appropriate, the hat is a repeat from Ascot last year.
The pearls do look like Tahiti pearls to me, Maria-Olivia.

I'm seriously undecided. Although it is an impressive outfit, it must be quite old. The colours suit Princess Michael nevertheless.

I think if the jacket were 6-8" shorter, I would like it. Especially love the necklace and shoe selection. Princess Michael of Kent really knows how to make accessories work for her, imo.

The necklace is wonderful, PM always chooses the right accessories to highlight her outfits!

I'm seriously undecided. Although it is an impressive outfit, it must be quite old. The colours suit Princess Michael nevertheless.

Yes, it is old. I'm not 100 % sure, but it is possible that she's worn it in the 90's already. At least in the early 00's she has worn it before. I'm not a velvet fan, but I do like it. The pattern and the details of the top are pretty. I'm not sure about the necklace. The golden parts look fake whereas the stones look like rubies, but I guess it would be unlikely to pair rubies of that size with custom jewellry? Also, the size of the stones makes it unlikely that the rubies are real IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom