Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 3: February 2011 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!! Great color combo! Very stylish!

Princess Mathilde during the annual family summer photo session at an archaeological site in Aubechies,
Belgium today, July 8, 2011 wearing a combination in a strong blue and strong pink. It's a nice outfit for
a casual event, wouldn't work for an official event I would say. I like it better without the jacket, as the
blouse is quite nice.

** Full view ** Full view without the jacket ** Close up **

Much better w/o the jacket, IMO. The pants and jacket look more purple than blue to me.

I like it without the jacket too. She looks great in this bright color!

Princess Mathilde during the annual family summer photo session at an archaeological site in Aubechies,
Belgium today, July 8, 2011 wearing a combination in a strong blue and strong pink. It's a nice outfit for
a casual event, wouldn't work for an official event I would say. I like it better without the jacket, as the
blouse is quite nice.

** Full view ** Full view without the jacket ** Close up **

That is a really nice combo, the colors are great and the strong shades really suits Mathilde.

Princess Mathilde today, July 19, attending sessions of chamber music organized by Musica Mundi
in Rixensart, wearing a dress in pink, white and orange (it may also be a top and skirt), looks nice
on her!

** Full view ** Upper part **

Princess Mathilde today, July 19, attending sessions of chamber music organized by Musica Mundi
in Rixensart, wearing a dress in pink, white and orange (it may also be a top and skirt), looks nice
on her!

The combination isn't working. The top part looks nice but matched with the orange lower part looks odd to me but these colors look great on Mathilde.

The colors are great but the color blocking draws the eye to Mathilde's shoulders; making them look narrow. And the orange makes her look like she has wide hips when she doesn't. Also, I hate those shoes.

Last edited:
Pretty dress, but out of proporiton. It makes her look "bottom heavy." OT, what happened to Elizabeth that she is on crutches?

Mathilde looks nice in this dress, I'm not a fan of wedge soled shoes, so her shoes are thrilling me at all, but I'll bet they're comfortable.

Today, July 20, Princess Mathilde attended the official opening of the exhibition 'Sciences at
the Palace' in Brussels, wearing an elegant combination of white pants and a beige top.

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **

Today's outfit is a bit colorless but rather nice.
The pink-white-orange Natan combo plus those all-orange wedges was just ghastly and most unflattering (like Natan designs usually are) thanks to the wrap tie around the belly.

on her!

Today, July 20, Princess Mathilde attended the official opening of the exhibition 'Sciences at
the Palace' in Brussels, wearing an elegant combination of white pants and a beige top.

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **
Love both outfits! Mathilde is like Queen Margethe, she can wear crazy color combos ( 1st outfit) and still look great!

:previous:

I totally agree with that comparison, roseroyal :)

Today, July 21, Princess Mathilde attended the Te Deum for the Belgian National Day in Leuven, wearing
a turquoise dress and a little black hat. The colour is very nice on her, but the material is a bit too shiny
in my eyes.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **

What a ghastly dress.
This must be the most ill-fitting thing I've seen on anyone in a long time - it looks like an unappetizing sausage wrapped in too much shimmering plastic foil.
Amazing how Mathilde can wear it before returning it for major alterations (or better throw it out right away):

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Yikes....pretty awful. Good color but for me, satin should be saved for evening events. I do like the hat from what I can see of it.

Oh my, that dress is just hideous style wise and fabric though its a nice color. My guess that it is Armani Prive as he used a lot of that fabric in his collection.
Her hat is pretty, so is her hairstyle and makeup, lovely and simple.

This was a bad choice. Lovely colour but does not suit the shiny fabric. Princess Matilda usually has rather good taste and lovely dress sense. Must be one of her off days I guess.

What a ghastly dress.
This must be the most ill-fitting thing I've seen on anyone in a long time - it looks like an unappetizing sausage
Agreed, though I love the color, and the fabric is not too shiny IMO. The problem is the ill fit and bad style, especially of the skirt. The hat is OK, not bad, not great.

You may like the second outfit of the day a bit better, for the military parade Mathilde
has chosen a more elegant combination in beige and yelllow:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

And this is outfit number three of today, a dress with stripes and a short red jacket, also
a nice look.

** Full view **

Last edited:
:previous:

I totally agree with that comparison, roseroyal :)

Today, July 21, Princess Mathilde attended the Te Deum for the Belgian National Day in Leuven, wearing
a turquoise dress and a little black hat. The colour is very nice on her, but the material is a bit too shiny
in my eyes.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **
I just realized looking at William and Kate wedding pics in Royalty mag. that this is the same outfit she wore at William and Kate's wedding service, with a different hat, which looks much better than the one she had today. But I still don't like how the outfit is ill- fitted.

You may like the second outfit of the day a bit better, for the military parade Mathilde

And this is outfit number three of today, a dress with stripes and a short red jacket, also
a nice look.

** Full view **
I love the first outfit, does she have a wrap on, or is that part of the design? I think I would prefer it W/O the wrap, but even so on her I love it! Dislike the second one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second outfit of the day was the best. The color on the first was gorgeous, but the fit! Gaaaah

I LOVE the shoes of the third outfit (which is the greatest iMO) !

a nice look.

** Full view **

The beige and yellow outfit was much better IMO, it was summery and added just the right amount of color. Her make up aged her a bit and didn't suit her.

The third outfit, the shrug/sweater could've belonged to one of he daughters IMO.

actually i like the cut of the shiny dress...and her heels are cute to me...
but you are right...looks like plastic..could have been not sooo shiny ..and it would be ok (for me)
thanx for posting anyway

Mathilde looks splendid in the yellow and beige outfit and she was nice splash of color on a rainy day.

Princess Mathilde on the first day of the new school year of her children on September 01,
2011 in Brussels, wearing a colourful recycled dress. I've always liked it, looks also great
in this combination with the jacket and shoes.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom