Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: July 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathilde could wear a potato sack and look good.

Her tights always look shiny.

The poor children in the picture do not look very happy, glad someone
is working with them.

Mathilde could wear a potato sack and look good.

Her tights always look shiny.

The poor children in the picture do not look very happy, glad someone
is working with them.

I wouldn't agree on the potato sack thing. On anyone. I saw that phrase many times and it always makes me smile. Come on, NO ONE would look good in potato sack. All Crown Princesses / Princesses / Queens / comonners are beautiful in their own, unique way, but how they dress is a different story. Some outfits are amazing and WOW, some are great, some are OK but, and I guess that apllies to everyone out there, some are "what the... was she thinking?". That's the way it is. There is not a single person (Crown Princess, Princess, Queen, comonner, anyone) out there who ALWAYS look good, in EVERYTHNG.

Mathilde's arrival suit was beautiful. Her shirt dress pattern was different, but I think she was paying a bit of homage to Liberia and the women who wear bright, beautiful patterned colors. I love the fact that she's in Liberia and learning about women's issues.

I like the tunic, it has an interesting combination of colours. The shoes are nice too.

The pink arrival suit looks nice and professional. I don't like the orange and grey dress - either the color combination or the pattern of it.

I wouldn't agree on the potato sack thing. On anyone. I saw that phrase many times and it always makes me smile. Come on, NO ONE would look good in potato sack. All Crown Princesses / Princesses / Queens / comonners are beautiful in their own, unique way, but how they dress is a different story. Some outfits are amazing and WOW, some are great, some are OK but, and I guess that apllies to everyone out there, some are "what the... was she thinking?". That's the way it is. There is not a single person (Crown Princess, Princess, Queen, comonner, anyone) out there who ALWAYS look good, in EVERYTHNG.
Well well it was just an expression to say how naturally beautiful she is.

The outfit looks nice, but i don't think the shoes go with the orange.

Mathilde's arrival suit was beautiful. Her shirt dress pattern was different, but I think she was paying a bit of homage to Liberia and the women who wear bright, beautiful patterned colors. I love the fact that she's in Liberia and learning about women's issues.
That could very well be katrianna and I think it's a nice gesture on her part. :flowers:

I like the ikat pattern, but the style does nothing to flatter Crown Princess Mathilde. I wish she did not wear chunky pieces of costume jewellery that made her look fussy.
Most of her ensembles appear to be comfortable and appropriate for the engagements.

Mathilde has always worn bright bold colors very well, so the wardrobe on this trip suits her.

Princess Mathilde pictured at the end of a congress Solvay Brussels School of Economic and Management on 25 October 2010 (photo originally posted by iceflower):http://i53.tinypic.com/1iy8vn.jpg
Mathilde's draped silvery top (which seems reminiscent of the upper part of Crown Princess Letizia's beautiful dress that she has worn on her pre-wedding evening) suits her excellently i.m.o. but it would have looked really charming if combined with a matching short skirt. I'm not too fond of those trousers...

The silver top is fantastic!! :wub: Thanks for sharing! :flowers: A pencil skirt would have looked perfect here.

Thanks Stephanie. A nice clean look and Mathilde is very much a Princess/Duchess of Brabant.:flowers:

I love the suit, it's beautiful fitted.

I think the suit looks very elegant and I love the heels.

Princess Mathilde pictured at the end of a congress Solvay Brussels School of Economic and Management on 25 October 2010 (photo originally posted by iceflower):http://i53.tinypic.com/1iy8vn.jpg
Mathilde's draped silvery top (which seems reminiscent of the upper part of Crown Princess Letizia's beautiful dress that she has worn on her pre-wedding evening) suits her excellently i.m.o. but it would have looked really charming if combined with a matching short skirt. I'm not too fond of those trousers...

Love this look. She looks very stilysh!

The ensemble is well-fitted and season-appropriate. The jacket appears to be a shearling type. A bright coloured accessories would have enlivened the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom