Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 9: February 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 9 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of Princess Marie!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 8: March 2013 - February 2014 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Nothing to write home about, but I like it.

Dang, what's with the deal with the day purse? Was she out of evening bags?

handbag and shoes are not formal enough, the dress is ok, as usual something is amiss with marie's appearance. she hardly ever get everything right. the dress doesnt look like a nightgown, so that's a plus. i like the tiara.

It's not a terrible look, but as has been stated previously, nothing to write home about.

Princess Marie visiting a day care centre and a school today, March 14, wearing a nice outfit in black and white:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She looks adorable. I like the skinny belt trend of the Danish royal ladies.

Princess Marie visiting a day care centre and a school today, March 14, wearing a nice outfit in black and white:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Lovely outfit! It suits her really well and the belt over the jacket looks good.

The evening gown was a bit too boring so was the color.

I saw Marie live in this dress (without lace) in 2010 and I think it has improved greatly through the lace. The colour is stunning and suits her very well.
But like in 2010 she seems to have problems to move in it.

I did not see the dress in 2010, but I love the lace. It is my favorite part, apart from the color which is divine. That burgundy makes me think of apples.

I think Marie's red dress from tonight is the same one she wore for Margrethe's 70th birthday gala performance in 2010, just with a lace cover.

2010: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMarieC69_zpsd3acc3d8.jpg
tonight: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMarieC166_zpsafe22c64.jpg

I thought last night's version with lace was much better than the 2010 version. The current trend with lace, IMO, seems to be inspired by Maxima's blue dress at WA's inauguration last year. All in all, the look works for Marie, and I do hope she reuses the dress a few times.

Now having seen a photo of the 2010 version, the lace is a definite improvement. Much better.

Love the lace, love the color. Not so sure about the fabric itself, it seems to wrinkle a bit too much for my tastes. That being said, she looks fabulous. Great hair, makeup and jewels.

It looks like the same dress and lace was added. I think the dress was altered. I love it. The lace makes it look more elegant and appropriate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Marie's dress looks very nice and the colour is lovely, although I want to like the lace, but can't.

i very much prefer the dress with the lace, which makes it a more formal kind of dress, however, i don't think this kind of red would be my choice as it can quickly look trashy in my opinion. maybe a deeper red would work best, like a bordeaux kind of red.

The fabric of the dress is cheap, even if adding the lace is an improvement. I'm never really sold on a red dress and this is no exception. We've seen her do much better.

i very much prefer the dress with the lace, which makes it a more formal kind of dress, however, i don't think this kind of red would be my choice as it can quickly look trashy in my opinion. maybe a deeper red would work best, like a bordeaux kind of red.
I'm afraid that is the vibe I get too. But she really did look lovely and wonderful hairstyle.

LOVE the lace addition. It adds elegance to the dress, to me.

A different --- i.e., less inexpensive-looking --- fabric would've worked better in BOTH cases, IMHO.

And I agree that a not-so-hot-and-bright, darker red would've been even nicer, even though Marie DOES carry off THAT shade of red just fine.

But overall, as is, I'll take THIS look over 2010, any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom