Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 8: March 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Marie ensemble is elegant. The pale blue colour became her well.

I wonder why she didn't wear the Queen's family order.

Very nice! One of her best. Lovely color and design.

I so crave that tiara; it's just gorgeous.

Last edited:
I have always loved that tiara. It must be outstanding seen in person under the right lighting and candles.. Ah, dreaming..

Not a bad outfit on Marie, a nice color but I would've referred something not so pale. I also think that this outfit wasn't dressy enough for the event nevertheless its different to what she has been seen in in the past. The top is lovely but I find it also off, I think the length doesn't suit her too well, it should've been slightly shorter.
Her hair and make up was really nice and her hair all pulled up suited the look.

Its one of Marie's better looks, although I agree it wasnt dressy enough.

The dress is very nice and that colour suits Marie a lot, but I have the impression that I would love it much more if the top wasn´t a peplum style. I´m not a fan of peplum myself, plus I think this style makes her look shorter than she actually is.

Without the bottom ruffle of the top, I think the dress would be a winner.

Wait - how is this gown 'not dressy enough'? ?❔

I think the colour is a bit dull, but the cut of the dress is lovely and suits her well.

I love the dress and adore that it is something new! Peplum really suits her, and the ice blue colour is perfect.

I loved her dress this year. I thought Marie looked amazing, her best yet at the event.

I wonder if the dress is by Birgit Hallstein? it looks like the dress Mary wore to the Netherlands last year.

Marie looks very nice, that shade of blue really suits her. Although I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the top half of her dress. Love the tiara.

I was looking at what Marie has worn in the past to this event. I loved her 2009, 10, and 13 dresses. This year was the best.

Yes...I do think that this dress is one of the best that Princess Marie has worn to this event. Amazing that she isn't cold with her arms so bare!

But I think that is also amazing how Princess Marie wears a new dress each year to this event and isn't criticized like Crown Princess Mary would be if she did the same thing. That's a perk of not being the Crown Princess and future Queen - less scrutiny!

But I think that is also amazing how Princess Marie wears a new dress each year to this event and isn't criticized like Crown Princess Mary would be if she did the same thing. That's a perk of not being the Crown Princess and future Queen - less scrutiny!

Usually I would agree, but considering that Marie (and Joachim) only attend one New Year Court a year (and hasn't got nearly as many gown-occasions as Mary has), I think it's alright. A few recyclings wont hurt though and I think she will get criticised if she continues to get new dresses for the courts every year.

what a beautiful dress this year's gown was. so delicate and it suits marie to perfection. this must be one of my favourites of hers.

Usually I would agree, but considering that Marie (and Joachim) only attend one New Year Court a year (and hasn't got nearly as many gown-occasions as Mary has), I think it's alright. A few recyclings wont hurt though and I think she will get criticised if she continues to get new dresses for the courts every year.

i'd also add that this is one of the very few gala appearances marie attends. if we compare how many galas she attended since she married and how many galas mary did in her first 5 years, the difference is overwhelming. if she were to repeat dress on the sole occasion she goes out in gala, i can hear the rumours on how she doesn't care about her role, how she should to take time to dress properly for such an ocassion, and how she should be more like mary. :whistling:

Last edited:
The top part and pants are really nice and fits great but the combination of the two don't work for me.

Marie yesterday, January 23, at the International House Copenhagen opening event, wearing a recycled combination of pants and jacket - a typical Marie look :)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

The only thing I like about Marie's outfit she wore on January 20 is the trousers. The glittery decoration on her cardigan is unnecessary, IMO. However I do like yesterday's outfit, minus the blazer. I like how she used two shades of blue together.

I think both outfits are classic well tailored and elegant.

She looks great especially the blue jacket outfit with the gorgeous blue earrings. Her hair looks so much better curled and poufy in the blue outfit.Nice smile and makeup too.

I like the blue outfit and I Love her hair! So very flattering.
The brown outfit... not so much. The glittery sweater and the pants don't match at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom