Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 8: March 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie has numerous purple evening gowns - and the colour suits her very nicely

But couldnt she have recycled one of her other purple gowns - did she need another?

Also i dont like the neckline of this gown - it is very very low partciarly cause of the crossover with the straps. It also looks very odd - has the effect of a one shoulder gown but isnt and it just doesnt work with the sash i feel

I think that Princess Marie looks absolutely gorgeous! Both she and Crown Princess Mary look fantastic in purple, which is also the colour of their birthstone (amethyst).
But she seems to wear a new dress everytime she has a gala engagement. I think I can count on one hand the number of times that she has recycled an evening dress. If Crown Princess Mary did the same thing...she would be ripped to shreds and called extravagant by royal watchers! How lucky for Princess Marie that she is not the Crown Princess and future queen as she does not attract the same level of criticism that CP Mary does.
I do believe that Marie has a much smaller clothing budget (if at all) from the state than the crown princess, and therefore most of her clothes are bought with her husband's private money, and she is therefore under much less scrutiny regarding how much she spends etc.

I do believe that Marie has a much smaller clothing budget (if at all) from the state than the crown princess, and therefore most of her clothes are bought with her husband's private money, and she is therefore under much less scrutiny regarding how much she spends etc.

How can anyone, beside Joachim and Marie, know whether Marie's clothes is bought with 'private money' or with Joachim's appanage - no matter the size of said appanage?

Princess Marie attended an event of the Danish National Association for Autism yesterday, April 18, wearing an outfit in purple:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Princess Marie attended an event of the Danish National Association for Autism yesterday, April 18, wearing an outfit in purple:

I love love love this outfit otherwise, but I think a sheer came underneath wasn't appropriate for this event.

I wish she'd broken up the unrelenting purple with some accessory (other than the shoes). My personal preference is to see a dress or skirt rather than pants. But that's just my personal preference.

Not a bad look. I like that the jacket and slacks are from different materials and textures. Marie looks lovely in purple.

I just love that sequined jacket! The slacks make it look too daywear, though. Maybe paired with a lovely chiffon skirt would have bumped up her evening look.

Last edited:
I like the separate parts, but I don't like them together, also IMO she is a little under dressed for a gala dinner.

Neat tidy nothing special though IMO I do like the bag though...

The colour of the outfit is beautiful and suits Marie, but she looks very underdressed. The jacket and the top give a cheap impression rather than elegant.

I rarely like Marie's outfits, this Disco-outfit is no exception. She usually looks sloppy wearing strange outfits that look like lingerie or, like this one, straight from the 80s. Did she host a Saturday Night Fever motto party afterwards?

I like the outfit but I think she should have chosen a plainer jacket, but nevertheless, its nice and I really like the colour. I also like her trousers and shoes, and her hair style is nice too.

Last edited:

Princess Marie opened the experience zone "Sea in action" at the Kattegatcenter in Grenaa today, May 16, 2013, wearing a combination in white and beige:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

She looks cute. I love that jacket.

Yes the jacket greaat and I think Mary has the navy one you are correct C

Great outfit if she hadnt worn those ugly mustard wedges....

The wedges didn't do a thing for me, either.

I don't like the wedges either. I love the rest of the outfit, especially that jacket.

I love everything, except the shoes.

Oh Marie looks lovely ! I just love her hat - how cute! She looks oh so French. Shame little princess Athena wasn't there with her mum!

Yep, she's a pretty little thing, and this is a nice outfit!

LOVE the hat!

I wanted to see Athena, too, but, oh well!

The dress is lovely. The detailing, the colors and the print suit her. Unfortunately matched with a hat that did work with the outfit. She should've worn a simple headpiece.

For the first time in a long time Princess Marie is dressed very nicely. Congrats!

She looks very nice, and the hat is a beauty on her.

Princess Marie opened the experience zone "Sea in action" at the Kattegatcenter in Grenaa today, May 16, 2013, wearing a combination in white and beige:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

The pants and the jacket are both very elegant and look great on Marie. I have to agree with other about the shoes. I like wedges, but those are just ugly. Not only the colour, but the shape is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom