The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

Lovely colour, but somehow the cut is just not right.

Marie is a beautiful woman and ought to stun everyone in evening attire - but somehow she just doesn't IMO. It's the cut of many of her evening dresses - they tend to look a bit like night dresses (expensive night dresses though ....)

Old 04-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Marie looking fantastic (the neckline's a tad low) at the gala dinner in honor of the visiting President of Finland.

http://i47.tinypic.com/wck94i.jpg
One word; stunning.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Marie looked great at the gala. She wears purple very well & the cut suits her.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Courtier

I love the dress on her but I find it boring that she is always favouring this type of material.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Courtier

I think that Princess Marie looks absolutely gorgeous! Both she and Crown Princess Mary look fantastic in purple, which is also the colour of their birthstone (amethyst).
But she seems to wear a new dress everytime she has a gala engagement. I think I can count on one hand the number of times that she has recycled an evening dress. If Crown Princess Mary did the same thing...she would be ripped to shreds and called extravagant by royal watchers! How lucky for Princess Marie that she is not the Crown Princess and future queen as she does not attract the same level of criticism that CP Mary does.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I think that Princess Marie looks absolutely gorgeous! Both she and Crown Princess Mary look fantastic in purple, which is also the colour of their birthstone (amethyst).
But she seems to wear a new dress everytime she has a gala engagement. I think I can count on one hand the number of times that she has recycled an evening dress. If Crown Princess Mary did the same thing...she would be ripped to shreds and called extravagant by royal watchers! How lucky for Princess Marie that she is not the Crown Princess and future queen as she does not attract the same level of criticism that CP Mary does.
True, but Marie doesn't attend as many gala events. She's not the crown princess, and as such has fewer events. I guess, she can spend her money more freely.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Nobility

I loved this purple dress on Marie. It is a shade that really suits her.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks great love the colour on her ...
Old 04-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great color on her, don't really like the cut. It's a little dull, imo
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Princess Marie's evening gown exhibits a very smart design i.m.o. -I particularly fancy the asymmetrical v-neck and the diagonal flow from Marie's left shoulder to that nested overlay on her right hip http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...finland-21.img. Moreover, I second your comments regarding purple as a winsome colour for her.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Marie has numerous purple evening gowns - and the colour suits her very nicely

But couldnt she have recycled one of her other purple gowns - did she need another?

Also i dont like the neckline of this gown - it is very very low partciarly cause of the crossover with the straps. It also looks very odd - has the effect of a one shoulder gown but isnt and it just doesnt work with the sash i feel

Old 04-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I do believe that Marie has a much smaller clothing budget (if at all) from the state than the crown princess, and therefore most of her clothes are bought with her husband's private money, and she is therefore under much less scrutiny regarding how much she spends etc.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I do believe that Marie has a much smaller clothing budget (if at all) from the state than the crown princess, and therefore most of her clothes are bought with her husband's private money, and she is therefore under much less scrutiny regarding how much she spends etc.
How can anyone, beside Joachim and Marie, know whether Marie's clothes is bought with 'private money' or with Joachim's appanage - no matter the size of said appanage?
Old 04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Marie attended an event of the Danish National Association for Autism yesterday, April 18, wearing an outfit in purple:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 04-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Marie attended an event of the Danish National Association for Autism yesterday, April 18, wearing an outfit in purple:

** Full view ** Upper part **
I love love love this outfit otherwise, but I think a sheer came underneath wasn't appropriate for this event.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish she'd broken up the unrelenting purple with some accessory (other than the shoes). My personal preference is to see a dress or skirt rather than pants. But that's just my personal preference.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Majesty

Not a bad look. I like that the jacket and slacks are from different materials and textures. Marie looks lovely in purple.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I just love that sequined jacket! The slacks make it look too daywear, though. Maybe paired with a lovely chiffon skirt would have bumped up her evening look.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

I like the separate parts, but I don't like them together, also IMO she is a little under dressed for a gala dinner.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Neat tidy nothing special though IMO I do like the bag though...

Tags
princess marie, princess marie daytime outfit, princess marie eveningwear, princess marie's fashion and style