The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Marie on her first day in Cambodia, October 9, wearing the blue dress she has worn at least two times before, once in Monaco in 2011 and once at an event in Denmark:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** July 2011 - Monaco **

And wearing a nice dress for an evening reception:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Courtier

The first dress is pretty casual, not sure whether it's appropriate for the occasion (is it an official visit?). The evening dress looks fine, but nothing too special.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree about the 1st dress being awfully casual for an official visit...but Catherine Cambridge wore those little dress on her recent tour.

The evening dress looks a little tight but it's a nice design. I don't like the color or pattern on Marie. I think the colors need to be a little darker to complement Marie's coloring.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Courtier

I like the blue dress but I think the length is not appropriate for an official visit to a SE-Asian country where most women usually wear long skirts.

I think she has worn both dresses before, one at the Monaco wedding, the other at the Greek wedding IIRC.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I liked the total black look, she was elegant that day. I'm not too fond of the last two dresses she wore in Cambodia. They rather look like rags to me, especially the blue one. And yes, I know it's boiling hot over there...Still!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

The blue dress is nice but a little too short. Don't like the pattern on the second dress.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

The blue dress looks like it was meant to be worn by a 10-year-old in the playground, and unfortunately I can't say anything nice about the cocktail dress - it's way too tight, has an ugly color combination and pattern, and also appears to be rather cheaply made.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Nobility

This light blue dress fit for a festival in Tonder, but the official meeting? I understand that there is a high temperature, but here I think that Princess Marie just get dressed inappropriately...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Marie looks like a tourist in the flimsy blue dress, shades attached. What was she thinking?

The rainbow dress appears very gastly-50ies to me.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Marie at the opening of a Danish company in Cambodia

Still too casual for my taste.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2z815ch.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/wb8h0w.jpg
Old 10-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Mhmmm. Don't really know what to say. Nothing special IMO. Her hair needs a cut and maybe a darker shade of brown.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Majesty

The only thing I like about the blue dress is the color. The evening dress should be put very, very far away. It is indeed rather painful to look at. I have no issues with the last dress.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post

I think she has worn both dresses before, one at the Monaco wedding, the other at the Greek wedding IIRC.

Check out my post above, I had found one pic of her wearing the dress in Monaco. And now as you've mentioned it I've also remembered the second dress, here it is at full length worn at the pre-weding party of Prince Nikolaos in August 2010:

** August 2010 **

The dress she has worn today is recycled as well, we've seen it before on July 31 this year.

** July 2012 **

As a second outfit today Mary has chosen shorts and a blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

i really like the blue dress, i think it really suits marie for a summer walk around monaco, although maybe it's not too appropriate for the ocassion. but in her defense, the meeting seemed to be very relaxed and low key.

the evening dress in pink and yellow would be the sort of thing that i wouldn't even get near, but i have to admit it really works on marie and with the updo, which breaks the "kitsch"-ness of it.

the beige dress is just blah.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
As a second outfit today Mary has chosen shorts and a blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Definitely it would be better if she dressed this last light blue dress on this visit. But shorts?? I do not know what range is this visit and the trip, but for me, Princess Marie does not look good.
I know that the dresses/another clothes/appearance is not the most important thing and more important is the purpose of the visit but Princess Marie represents Denmark!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Both the short trousers and the top are way too casual. Looks like her suitcase is full of these cheap rags... Hopefully, she will impress me with an evening dress! (fingers crossed)
Old 10-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Majesty

I think that Marie looks fine, especially if the visit involved interacting with kids. She needed to be comfortable, and the shorts provided that. Would slacks have been better? Absolutely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

So far, Marie's fashions for this trip have totally missed the mark! Nothing looks fit for a princess representing her country. I hope to see better styles ahead...
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

What is the nature of this trip to Cambodia? Is it a see and be seen, dressup and look pretty kind of trip or is it a go and visit the development projects and get down and dirty with the project workers and those being aided? Different visits require different types of wardrobes.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Outfit choices on this trip was way too casual given that this was an official visit by a Princess. She looked like a tourist on holiday. I know it's a warm place, interacting with children and so on but that is no excuse to dressing the way she did. Simple cropped pants with a printed short sleeve/less top would work. Loose pants and a flawy top.
The evening colored dress was a miss, it seemed to not fit nicely from the side view picture I sew.
The only win of the trip was the sleeveless pink dress, really pretty dress.

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, princess marie, princess marie eveningwear, princess marie fashion, princess marie of denmark, princess marie outfits