Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 7: June 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this coat! And Marie's hair really looks fab this time around.

I love that coat too! It is very intersting and Marie looks very elegant.

Very nice dress. The coat is also very elegant.

A simple black dress is always fine, but I think we must add something...a necklace, something to grace the dress, otherwise it is juts one more black dress...

Marie seems to just miss the mark when it comes to dressing well. It either doesn't quite fit well, needs jewelry, her hair needs styling, etc. She has had plenty of time now to get it right..maybe another look in the mirror before leaving? :)

Marie often looks frumpy, like she did in that coat.
Coat is nice itself, but dress underneath was nothing special. Marie doesn't accentuate and highlight clothing and figure with accessories - Mary mastered that skill.

I also didn't like Marie's color choices, escpecially black and white. She seems more stunning in warm palette colors. But it's just my opinion.

In general, I think Princess Marie hasn't yet understood the importance of tailoring, especially on a woman who's frame is so petite. This why there's usually a hem that's too long, or blouses and dresses that don't quite fit through the shoulders or things a bit too blousy on her frame. Crown Princess Letizia has a tiny frame and except for a hem that's too high every once in awhile her clothes seemed to be tailored to her body.

Last edited:
Lots of criticism for an outfit that was perfectly lovely! Insane.

Lots of criticism for an outfit that was perfectly lovely! Insane.

Here here. For an outfit worn over three days ago, the commentary on this outfit is pretty ridiculous. I guess the critics need Marie to do more events to keep their restless minds occupied.

In general, I think Princess Marie hasn't yet understood the importance of tailoring, especially on a woman who's frame is so petite. This why there's usually a hem that's too, long, or bloused or dresses do quite fit through the shoulders or things or just too blousy on her frame. Crown Princess Letizia has a tiny frame and except for a hem that's too high everyone in awhile, she clothes seemed to be tailored to her body.
Exactly right. Marie's coat which was too big and busy for her little frame, and dull and ill fitting black dress epitomizes the continual mistakes she makes in her fashion choices.

Exactly right. Marie's coat which was too big and busy for her little frame, and dull and ill fitting black dress epitomizes the continual mistakes she makes in her fashion choices.

How can you tell the dress was ill-fitting? It was seen from such a distance... Did you see some better pictures then the ones posted here?
And since when a simple black dress is dull?

Originally Posted by iceflower

Princess Marie at a dinner and concert at Fredensborg Palace yesterday evening, November 6, 2012, wearing a great black coat and a nice simple black dress:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part dress ** Upper part dress 2 **

I was agreeing with dbarn 67 above who expressed herself better than I. She said that in general her " dresses do not quite fit through the shoulders or things or just too blousy on her frame." IMO that is the case with this black dress too.

I was agreeing with dbarn 67 above who expressed herself better than I. She said that in general her " dresses do not quite fit through the shoulders or things or just too blousy on her frame." IMO that is the case with this black dress too.

That's all fine and I am not referring to the "in general". But I still can't understand how can you see all the ill-fitting details of the latest dress in such a far distance photos. Thus my question if you have seen by any chance a close-up picture of the dress she wore?

Also, I still don't get why the simple back dress (for which kind all Princesses are getting praised for dressing so effortless) is dull...

That's all fine and I am not referring to the "in general". But I still can't understand how can you see all the ill-fitting details of the latest dress in such a far distance photos. Thus my question if you have seen by any chance a close-up picture of the dress she wore?

Also, I still don't get why the simple back dress (for which kind all Princesses are getting praised for dressing so effortless) is dull...

I am not a fan of Princess Marie style . . . but the black coat definitelly does not have a good fitting for her (huge!):ohmy::sad:

This coat is a bit big on Marie. I think a couple of sizes down would have looked better.

I am not a fan of Princess Marie style . . . but the black coat definitelly does not have a good fitting for her (huge!):ohmy::sad:

Agree about the coat (even write the same thing, I thought as well it was too big for her tiny frame), but my question was about the supposedly ill-fitting black dress under the coat ;).

Think she has looked great in these snaps and I really like the black coat dress on her.

Black - yawn. But as for the ill fitting of the coat, I think it is more ill fitting of the weather, which swept them back and forth.

I just love the simple black dress and the coat is exquisite. Overall a lovely look indeed.

"Princess Marie, as patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO, takes part in the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the adoption of the World Heritage Convention at Kronborg Castle in Helsingor, Denmark, November 12, 2012."

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

I think she looks very nice in this smart suit. The shade of blue works great for her. Love the shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a smart, well fitting suit that fits her petite frame. Very well done.

Marie looks great! Thats a lovely outfit, the jacket fits very well and the shade is great. The length of the jacket fits her petite frame. I wish she would wear more of this style.

She looks great. I love the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont mind the white dress I think she looks really sweet in it its the grey coat outfit that is all wrong for her she looks like Tom Hanks in the movie BIG when he changes back into a kid and is swamped in oversized clothing. She looks like she is swimming in that coat too much material for her petite figure.

Cinderella5x said:
"Princess Marie, as patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO, takes part in the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the adoption of the World Heritage Convention at Kronborg Castle in Helsingor, Denmark, November 12, 2012."

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

I think she looks very nice in this smart suit. The shade of blue works great for her. Love the shoes.

This is a very nice look for Marie.

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

Can anyone ID the the jacket or the suit? I really like the cut of the jacket on Marie.

I don't know what it is with Marie, but somehow her outfits never look appealing to me. She dresses to blend in, not stand out. Perhaps she doesn't have enough charisma to shine. Perhaps it is her ultra french conservatism that I don't relate to. Perhaps she is just timid. Or perhaps she is just too skinny.

i like the colour but the outfit is boring it's not 111 or anything like that but there is nothing to say and maybe ,and I just read yopur post Style guru that she is aware not to try and outdo Mary??? or as you say ultra conservative which on both counts is fine but a brighter colour would reflect her youth and her really enviable figure IMO

Well, I don't see anything wrong with Marie not taking herself as too important but instead fulfilling her duties and representing the Danish royal family when she is needed. And most of the time she is dressed perfectly fine and appropriate, although this is of course a matter of taste.
I have never seen her as conservative or charisma-less and I don't see what her body shape has to do with any of it (which I think by the way is perfectly fine, she is simply pretty small and slim). Maybe she just isn't as self-centered as other royals and doesn't need to be praised for her fashion choices all the time.

i like the colour but the outfit is boring it's not 111 or anything like that but there is nothing to say and maybe ,and I just read yopur post Style guru that she is aware not to try and outdo Mary??? or as you say ultra conservative which on both counts is fine but a brighter colour would reflect her youth and her really enviable figure IMO

Wish I see where in his (her?) comment Style guru mentioned Mary... must be your subconscious ;).

I don't know what it is with Marie, but somehow her outfits never look appealing to me. She dresses to blend in, not stand out. Perhaps she doesn't have enough charisma to shine. Perhaps it is her ultra french conservatism that I don't relate to. Perhaps she is just timid. Or perhaps she is just too skinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom