The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

The color is a little blergh, but se looks young and fresh. Her hairstyle might have been popular a long time ago, but that doesn't mean it makes HER look old.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

The outfit is nice but I don't like the color on her.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Majesty

This is a very 'retro' outfit, and Marie pulls it off. I think a brighter color would have been nicer, however.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
I think she looks fantastic, if the shirt looks tight it is because they have caught her walking in the middle of a stride.She looks elegant and certainly has the figure for a pencil skirt.
Unfortunately Marie seems to stride out which doesn't look very flattering with a pencil skirt. The photo's of her walking up the deep, shallow steps of the Parliament all look like she is stretching the seams of the skirt and riding it up with the length of her stride. She needs to shorten her stride if she wants to "play ladies".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I think Marie looks pretty...shes so tiny. Shoes don't match, but I like them.
You are right, those shoes are lovely and I think she wears them well. Love the colour on her but unfortunately they just highlighted the dullness of the rest of the ensemble. Now, if the ensemble had been the same luminous colour . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
The colour is a little blergh, but se looks young and fresh. Her hairstyle might have been popular a long time ago, but that doesn't mean it makes HER look old.
Agree. I like the way she has chosen a retro look harking back to the 1950's and kept both her hair and her hat "in style".

The only thing that really disappointed me was the way the colour drained her because she is quite a vivacious young woman.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Marie at the parliament opening today, October 2, 2012, wearing a look in beige/light grey - the hat and the smile make it cute

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
I love this retro look for a change! I just wish the skirt had been made of a better quality fabric. She looks good nevertheless!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really can't list all the things wrong with the outfit...too tight, bad hat, etc. also her behavior recordd in many photos, not dignified.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
I think she looked like an old lady in that outfit. The colours are boring. She has a great slim figure though.
Agree 100%!!! Make up is far too heavy I'd like to add.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't dislike the cut of the suit so much as the fabric of the suit. For me it makes it look cheap and clingy. I don't hate the color, but I've seen much prettier on her. I will say this, she's got a great figure and if clingy had to be on someone, glad it was her and not someone else.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Marie at the annual celebration of the University of Southern Denmark in Odense yesterday, October 5, looking good in black:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Princess Marie at the annual celebration of the University of Southern Denmark in Odense yesterday, October 5, looking good in black:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
I really love the simplicity of the black dress. Marie looks lovely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

That black dress is fabulous! The detailing and the cut are unique yet because it's black, the dress has a simplicity to it. Great look on Marie!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Love every single element of the ensemble - the simple but elegant black dress, the shoes, the delicate necklace - just everything!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

To me, it would have looked better without the high neckline.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

While I agree that the high collar is a little claustrophobic with her hair down I think the style and elegance of the ensemble make this a definite contender for LBD status!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks fantastic!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally.. a lovely look on Marie! Elegant and chic.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Marie looks elegant ,, the outfit suits her well
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Gentry

The hair looks dowdy with that dress. Perhaps she should have gone to the hairdresser for an updoo and even tiny little sparkling details in her hair. The dress is very boring with her hair down. With her hair up the neckline would have been more noticable and would have lifted the whole look up.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style guru
The hair looks dowdy with that dress. Perhaps she should have gone to the hairdresser for an updoo and even tiny little sparkling details in her hair. The dress is very boring with her hair down. With her hair up the neckline would have been more noticable and would have lifted the whole look up.
The changes you suggest would have been way too much for the type of event this was.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Nobility

For me this dress is a good fit, but it looks very cheap... Princess Marie chooses outfits getting worse :/ Too bad, because she has a great figure and funds for better clothes...

Tags
fashion, princess marie, princess marie eveningwear, princess marie fashion, princess marie of denmark, princess marie outfits