The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The colour is nice, but imo the dress (especially the ruffles) looks quite tacky. I don't like it at all.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the back view of the dress.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I love Marie but the dress is a mess. The colour, while nice in small doses, so to speak, is just too loud.
As for the style, I hate ruffles so this was never going to be my favourite.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Royal Highness

One could almost get the thought that Marie had let QMII choose her dress
I'm definitely not a fan, the pink is too pink which wouldn't have been as big a problem if the dress hadn't been as big as it is. The ruffles? Well ... This kinda disappointed me, Marie always has such a lovely sense of fashion.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its a lovely shade of pink in small doses. A blouse or scarf etc. I mean wow thats a lota PINK!!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually love the color on Marie, but she looks like she needs to be ironed. The dress itself looks poorly made, and the ruffles on the back seem to me to be an afterthought by the designer. Her hair, make up and jewels are fabulous though. We'll hope for better from Marie & Mary next time around.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the color but it over powers such a tiny woman and the bottom ruffle doesn't help. It also looks wrinkled and ill-fitting.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I like the color but it over powers such a tiny woman and the bottom ruffle doesn't help. It also looks wrinkled and ill-fitting.
Ill-fitting? Could it possibly be by Natan? His clothes are almost always "ill-fitting".
Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Yikes on the back view of Marie's gown!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Ill-fitting? Could it possibly be by Natan? His clothes are almost always "ill-fitting".
Is it Natan? If so, that explains alot of what's wrong. He's totally the wrong designer for a petite lady like Marie.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Majesty

The color is nice, but in a more muted version, and a different (less shiny) fabric. The dress itself however, is a disaster. The ruffles are an overkill.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Seems like Marie didn't know whether she wanted a plain dress (the front) or a ruffled dress (the back). Such style doesn't suit her at all. Id wish she would invest in about 2 dresses that flatter her figure and she would actually recycle them then buying a new dress for almost every event.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Courtier

ok, so it seems, I am the only one, who likes the dress, I like hers much more than Marys.... the fuchsia colour is a WOW effect and she can wear it.
BYe Bine
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it is a gown for this occasion I like the colour on her for a change though, but the train and the fru-fru I just don't know ...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Looks as if she borrowed the dress from her mother-in-law....
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Looks as if she borrowed the dress from her mother-in-law....
As long as she doesn't borrow that poppy tiara from the Queen all is well
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Courtier

I actually quite like the dress. The colour is great on her. The ruffles look silly from the front but ok from the back I think.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I'm definitely not a fan, the pink is too pink which wouldn't have been as big a problem if the dress hadn't been as big as it is. The ruffles? Well ... This kinda disappointed me, Marie always has such a lovely sense of fashion.
I thought exactly the same thing!!!

Not a fan of this at all; where it possibly could be passable, the ruffles killed it for me.

JMO
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

The back view is worse than the front, if that's possible!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Hahahahaha! I agree!

Those back flounces have not appeared on a dress since 1878. As for the front - that is the material and color one would expect on a bridesmaid in a Sopranos episode.

Tags
fashion, princess marie, princess marie eveningwear, princess marie fashion, princess marie of denmark, princess marie outfits