The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Finally a smart, well fitting suit that fits her petite frame. Very well done.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Marie looks great! Thats a lovely outfit, the jacket fits very well and the shade is great. The length of the jacket fits her petite frame. I wish she would wear more of this style.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great. I love the top.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 AM
Aristocracy

I dont mind the white dress I think she looks really sweet in it its the grey coat outfit that is all wrong for her she looks like Tom Hanks in the movie BIG when he changes back into a kid and is swamped in oversized clothing. She looks like she is swimming in that coat too much material for her petite figure.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x
"Princess Marie, as patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO, takes part in the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the adoption of the World Heritage Convention at Kronborg Castle in Helsingor, Denmark, November 12, 2012."

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

I think she looks very nice in this smart suit. The shade of blue works great for her. Love the shoes.
This is a very nice look for Marie.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
"Princess Marie, as patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO, takes part in the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the adoption of the World Heritage Convention at Kronborg Castle in Helsingor, Denmark, November 12, 2012."

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

Picture details

I think she looks very nice in this smart suit. The shade of blue works great for her. Love the shoes.
Can anyone ID the the jacket or the suit? I really like the cut of the jacket on Marie.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Gentry

I don't know what it is with Marie, but somehow her outfits never look appealing to me. She dresses to blend in, not stand out. Perhaps she doesn't have enough charisma to shine. Perhaps it is her ultra french conservatism that I don't relate to. Perhaps she is just timid. Or perhaps she is just too skinny.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

i like the colour but the outfit is boring it's not 111 or anything like that but there is nothing to say and maybe ,and I just read yopur post Style guru that she is aware not to try and outdo Mary??? or as you say ultra conservative which on both counts is fine but a brighter colour would reflect her youth and her really enviable figure IMO
Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Well, I don't see anything wrong with Marie not taking herself as too important but instead fulfilling her duties and representing the Danish royal family when she is needed. And most of the time she is dressed perfectly fine and appropriate, although this is of course a matter of taste.
I have never seen her as conservative or charisma-less and I don't see what her body shape has to do with any of it (which I think by the way is perfectly fine, she is simply pretty small and slim). Maybe she just isn't as self-centered as other royals and doesn't need to be praised for her fashion choices all the time.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
i like the colour but the outfit is boring it's not 111 or anything like that but there is nothing to say and maybe ,and I just read yopur post Style guru that she is aware not to try and outdo Mary??? or as you say ultra conservative which on both counts is fine but a brighter colour would reflect her youth and her really enviable figure IMO
Wish I see where in his (her?) comment Style guru mentioned Mary... must be your subconscious .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style guru View Post
I don't know what it is with Marie, but somehow her outfits never look appealing to me. She dresses to blend in, not stand out. Perhaps she doesn't have enough charisma to shine. Perhaps it is her ultra french conservatism that I don't relate to. Perhaps she is just timid. Or perhaps she is just too skinny.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Nobility

Boring outfit. Maybe this outfit was suitable for such an event, but this buttoned jacket looks bad with this blouse. Too mee unbuttoned jacket will be better...
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Gentry

I'm certainly not critizing Marie's duties. She is doing a wonderful job and presents herself very nicely. Perhaps she is trying not to outshine Mary, like you say Bertie, if I understand you correctly.
It is just, she dresses more lika an assistant than a leader. or in royal terms, more like a dresser than a princess. I think that is my point. She probably is most comfortable like that and of course has the right to do so.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Style guru sorry if my post was a little jumbled I have been really sick and my thoughts were not coming out correctly ... but luckily I don't need to worry about that I have Cinderella there to monitor my every word ... what I meant was I agree with you and should have added my own thoughts to the end of the post.
So I hope that clears it up for you Cinderella.... am now much better and will definitely watch my P's and Q's .....
Old 11-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A nice look in black and white for Princess Marie at the university fair "Master and More" in Hamburg, Germany, today, November 15, 2012.

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Thanks Style guru sorry if my post was a little jumbled I have been really sick and my thoughts were not coming out correctly ... but luckily I don't need to worry about that I have Cinderella there to monitor my every word ... what I meant was I agree with you and should have added my own thoughts to the end of the post.
So I hope that clears it up for you Cinderella.... am now much better and will definitely watch my P's and Q's .....
Really? Monitor? Just because I simply pointed something you said and I didn't understand does not mean I "monitor" your every word. That was not nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

A nice look in black and white for Princess Marie at the university fair "Master and More" in Hamburg, Germany, today, November 15, 2012.

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I like it. Black and white is always a good, nice, elegant and simple combination. Like the addition of the brooch which puts a bit of colour there.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely, she looks very elegant.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the black and white as well very smart I think and I like her brooch.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Marie at the Nutcracker
http://i49.tinypic.com/14uub92.jpg
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Marie at the Nutcracker
http://i49.tinypic.com/14uub92.jpg
I love that outfit. Woud gladly wear it myself. I think it was a perfect choice for the ocassion. Marie looks lovely.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

I like this on Marie. Love the greenish coat.

Tags
fashion, princess marie, princess marie eveningwear, princess marie fashion, princess marie of denmark, princess marie outfits