Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 5: October 2010 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I loved her fashion show top and hair. I don't believe that the lipstick did her any favors.

For the hospital event, IMO she was dressed very appropriately and her make up was fresh and natural for a day event.

It appears to me that she is very comfortable in her role as a member of the Danish royal family.

A very typical Marie look.

The trousers are very tight. The top is also typical Marie, she loves to show see through.

This time it is not low cut or shiny. But she do love the low cut and shiny too.

I would like to know what did she show see-through here... It's a lacey top on top of a non-see-through top, so there is nothing she is showing, really...

I would also like to know how do you know what she loves:
"she loves to show see through."
"But she do love the low cut and shiny too"

I agree about the lipstick. Its too much and it smothers her face.
It's too harsh for her.

She looks fantastic; much better hair and makeup thank the last fashion show she attended. Finally, she looks like a princess instead of a trying-to-be a princess.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have to say that I like the recent Fashion Show Style much better than this one!
But the Hair and Make up is nice!

Princess Marie attended a Fashion Show. February 03

Full lenght view 1 * Full lenght view 2 * Close up 1 * Close up 2

Princess Marie at the opening of new department of Middelfart Hospital. February 04

Full lenght view * Close up 1 * Close up 2

There are a few things off with the outfit at the fashion show. The toppart seems rather nice in the close up, but all in all it's too much black, together with the make up it looks a bit 'gothic'. This shade of lipstick doesn't suit her, it looks too harsh and clownish on her and the hairstyle isn't very flattering either here.

But I LOVE the entire outfit at the opening - a well fitting suit, a flattering color and hair and makeup look simply gorgeous IMO!

7 Feb 2011, Marie at the Malene Birger fashion show

pic 1 *** pic 2*** pic 3

make-up

Thumbs up! Interesting jacket and I love the hairstyle and earrings - she looks very fresh and stylish here.

Last edited by a moderator:
All her outfits look the same: black pantsuits...I hope Anja is encouraging her to use more colour and be a tiny bit more adventurous...Some of the clothes IN the Malene Birger show would look amazing on Marie...Black is too safe and boring...

Not to compare Mary and Marie (again) but seriously, that's how you do it...Conservative styling, yes but with a bit of colour and a few prints even, different textures and fabrics...I think these ladies need to lunch and Mary should take her under her wing...

Last edited:
I like the outfit from yesterday. Black is a safe bet, but also appropriate for most occasions (not wedding of course IMO). I don't think that Marie has a problem adding color to her wardrobe, I think that she might have a small budget and chooses more versatile clothes for work, many of them happen to be black. I've seen her everyday clothes and she rarely wears black. I'm not sure if Mary should take Marie under her wing. They are entirely different women, with very different styles. Personally, I think she's doing just fine with her clothing.

All her outfits look the same: black pantsuits...I hope Anja is encouraging her to use more colour and a tiny bit more adventurous...Some of the clothes IN the Malene Birger who look amazing on Marie...Black is too safe and boring...

Not to compare Mary and Marie (again) but seriously, that's how you do it...Conservative styling, yes but with a bit of colour and a few prints even, different textures and fabrics...I think these ladies need to lunch and Mary should take her under her wing...

Thats funny because I kind of thought that Marie was amping up her style a bit and sometimes, you can see, she gets it really right, almost as if Mary's style was rubbing off on her a little. Not all the time and imo she isn't near Marys league, but she is definitely improving.:flowers:
I didn't know that her and Mary share the same stylist? is that right? I would have thought that Anja was too busy with Mary.

In general,Marie looks very good in casual outfits.
For formal occasions,she sometimes hits and sometimes misses.
I think she has not yet find her style but I think she has improved a lot.
I hope she will get rid of shiny materials and those tight pants that don't flater her imo

I think that she might have a small budget

Joachim is the only one who has a big income apart from his apanage, namely from his farm, and he will have some more income from the hotel they will open at Schackenborg, so I don't think that they are on a very tight budget ;)

I didn't know that her and Mary share the same stylist? is that right? I would have thought that Anja was too busy with Mary.

It isn't clear if they share the same stylist. Anja is freelance and she is also a part of Marianne Dulong :)

Marianne Dulong: Indehavere

Last edited:
All her outfits look the same: black pantsuits...I hope Anja is encouraging her to use more colour and a tiny bit more adventurous...Some of the clothes IN the Malene Birger who look amazing on Marie...Black is too safe and boring...

Definitely not. Marie does not need to seek advices from Mary, nor she needs to be "under Mary's wing". Those two are entirely different women with different styles, they are their own, and that's how it should be. The fact Mary likes / wears something doesn't meant Marie should do the same (i.e. bit of colour and a few prints even, different textures and fabrics). It may simply be no interest for Marie.

Definitely not. Marie does not need to seek advices from Mary, nor she needs to be "under Mary's wing". Those two are entirely different women with different styles, they are their own, and that's how it should be. The fact Mary likes / wears something doesn't meant Marie should do the same (i.e. bit of colour and a few prints even, different textures and fabrics). It may simply be no interest for Marie.
I agree Cinderella5X. We're comparing two women with different skin tones and figures. IMHO, each should dress in a manner that flatters their complexions, shapes and personalities.
The court will have advised them on what is appropriate and necesary for different engagements and events. The princesses can then take it from there.

For some who seem to have nothing nice to say its like the world is ending.

That is rather an unfair comment, Zonk. I am a great fan of Princess Marie's but I have no reservations about making a valid critique where I think she hasn't done justice to her herself. Especially when it was largely the lighting that was the problem.

I for one think that Marie is doing great as the "spare" princess, she seems to have a great variety of clothes for someone who doesn't have a huge budget for clothing like the crown princess

I for one think that Marie is doing great as the "spare" princess, she seems to have a great variety of clothes for someone who doesn't have a huge budget for clothing like the crown princess

auntie, how do you know how large her cloting budget is? Joachim is the one who has another income than the apanage, and now with the hotel opening, it will increase further. Joachims income might be considerable higher than the apanage of Frederik.

Last edited:
auntie, how do you know how large her cloting budget is? Joachim is the one who has another income than the apanage, and now with the hotel opening, it will increase further. Joachims income might be considerable higher than the apanage of Frederik.
What does Apange mean? And I'm sure that Joachim has plenty of investment money to pay off untill he starts making it, and he supports another family.(Alex and the boys)

Last edited:
What does Apange mean? And I'm sure that Joachim has plenty of investment money to pay off untill he starts making it, and he supports another family.(Alex and the boys)

Apanage is the money he receives from the state.

Joachim already received Schackenborg quiet a while ago, I don't think there are that many investments he needs to make.
IIRC Alexandra received the house she now owns and a one time payment (from Joachim, I think he sold Schackenborg Inn to pay for the house). He also pays child support (IIRC 75000DKK per year, which would be 11000€ or 13000$ per year and child). He doesn't pay spousal support.
Alexandra still receives an apanage from the state only now she has to pay taxes.
IIRC Joachims apanage was increased again after he married Marie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom