Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 5: October 2010 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice dress, I like soft color. The chain of Order of the Elephant looks strange with this type of neckline. I don't like the color of fur and clutch (the silver one will be better). Great hairdo.

Marie looks thriving as usual, we couldn't expect any surprise - Danish royal ladies show only the best attires and accessories.

Marie looks great in pastel colours. The cut of the dress suits her very well. She looked really lovely this year. It's always great to see Marie with her beautiful tiara.

lovely colour, i wonder who made this dress for her, the cut reminds me of some of mary's.

Marie looks great in pastel colours. The cut of the dress suits her very well. She looked really lovely this year. It's always great to see Marie with her beautiful tiara.
I agree, the dress the color everything she pulled it off well....I just wish the Queen would lend her a new tiara

I think that Marie looked stunning :flowers:
I love the cut of the dress, the colour suits her a lot and her hairdo is amazing.

Beautiful, Marie has really come up a notch IMO. Love the color and the jewels.

close-up of Marie's up-do from the New Year's gala:
Picture - I liked it, very pretty.

I'm stunned, Marie looks absolutely fantastic!! I love the overall look, from head to toe!! Baby blue seems to be her colour - two thumbs up!! ;)

Actually it was a nytårskur which can be translated as New Years Reception :)

That last link is a nice profile pic of Marie. She sort of looks like Letizia in it.

That last link is a nice profile pic of Marie. She sort of looks like Letizia in it.
I can see a minor similarity indeed. But the crown is the first thing that captures my attention. Exquisite! :)

Maybe her hair dresser finally learned how to do a hairstyle with a tiara properly?:whistling::lol:

Anyhow...Princess Marie looks absolutely gorgeous! My only minor criticism is that her green/emerald earrings did not match the style of the tiara or the outfit. But other than that...she looked fabulous!!!!:flowers::)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IxVeuC8igyI/TR-O9qJ8naI/AAAAAAAAHw0/PPHT8OQOUYk/s1600/%2521%2BROYAL%2BNEW%2BYEAR%2BGALADINNER%2Bf%2BGOVERNMENT%2B1Jan2011%2BPhoto%2BHasse%2BFerrold%2B5a.jpg (Click on the photo to enlarge)

I'm so glad to see Marie in such a beautiful outfit. She definitely has a gorgeous face (to me she is the beauty within the DRF), only her clothes haven't been that stunning at times - but she has improved a lot during the last year, IMO! I like this gown, her hairstyle is flawless and it's nice to see her with a new pair of emerald earrings, even if they don't match 100 %. Overall she looked absolutely lovely here.

:previous:

I think her New Years Court dress is a beautiful dress, but I don't like the color on her. It washes her out.

It's one of the best gowns she has worn recently. I also like the way they did her hair particularly in the back.

I thought Marie's dress was beautiful but, not with the order of the elephant! Every time I see a photo I want to straighten everything up.

Her earring were divine and I would truly love some just like them but, she should not have worn them with that outfit. The colour clashed with the dress and the style with the tiara.

The up do was gorgeous and suited the tiara which unfortunately clashed with everything else.

Now from other events she has shown that she can pull it together with style so what on earth went wrong this time. The only explanation that occurs to me is that she loves the Tiara and the up do was to frame it beautifully, the earrings are perhaps new or very special and she really wanted to wear them and, the dress was soooo lovely, so feminine and so romantic that she decided the Order of the Elephant would just have to deal with it! :lol:

The dress Marie wore for the new year gala at the royal palace was from Rikke Gudnitz.

I asked Billed bladet about that and that was their answer

I really liked Marie's New Year court dress, it was not fussy nor too much going on. The color & style was quite flattering for her. The only part which I found ruined the look was the length, it could've been the right length and not too long. This is a dress she can recycle at a wedding or gala event easily. Her up-do is lovely & finally works with a tiara.

^ I love both the scarf and the jacket! She looks so stylish here - never seen the photo before, so thanks for sharing! :flowers: It would be nice if someone made a gallery of Marie's scarves over the years (better at the Accessories thread ;) ).

^ I love both the scarf and the jacket! She looks so stylish here - never seen the photo before, so thanks for sharing! :flowers: It would be nice if someone made a gallery of Marie's scarves over the years (better at the Accessories thread ;) ).

You are most welcome. :)

There is an accessory thread as well?!? - No wonder I get confused. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here is cardigan Marie wore in Tivoli in 2009: Billed-Bladet - STILfinderen: Prinsesse Marie i dansk cardigan
We are informed that the cardigan is By Malene Birger.

Here is a bit of info on a dress she wore at a wedding in 2009: Billed-Bladet - STILfinderen: Prinsesse Maries drøm af en kjole
It's by Rikke Gudnitz and consitst of two layers of dress-silk with a layer of silk chiffron-whatever-that-it on top of that.

And another Cardigan: Billed-Bladet - STILfinderen: Prinsesse Maries cardigan med glimmer
From when she was visiting Hong Kong in 2009.
The model is called Billa and is from By Malene Birger.

I suggest you go to www.billedbladet.dk and write: stilfinderen in the search field. You may find something of interest.

Last edited:
I love both cardis - M. Birger does a fantastic job, IMO. ;) Muhler, there's a thread called 'Royal Accessories (Bags, Gloves and Scarves)' at the Royal Style File section.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom