The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
All her outfits look the same: black pantsuits...I hope Anja is encouraging her to use more colour and a tiny bit more adventurous...Some of the clothes IN the Malene Birger who look amazing on Marie...Black is too safe and boring...

Not to compare Mary and Marie (again) but seriously, that's how you do it...Conservative styling, yes but with a bit of colour and a few prints even, different textures and fabrics...I think these ladies need to lunch and Mary should take her under her wing...

Definitely not. Marie does not need to seek advices from Mary, nor she needs to be "under Mary's wing". Those two are entirely different women with different styles, they are their own, and that's how it should be. The fact Mary likes / wears something doesn't meant Marie should do the same (i.e. bit of colour and a few prints even, different textures and fabrics). It may simply be no interest for Marie.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
7 Feb 2011, Marie at the Malene Birger fashion show

pic 1 *** pic 2*** pic 3

make-up
I'm liking Marie's style more and more lately. This latest black suit is lovely.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Definitely not. Marie does not need to seek advices from Mary, nor she needs to be "under Mary's wing". Those two are entirely different women with different styles, they are their own, and that's how it should be. The fact Mary likes / wears something doesn't meant Marie should do the same (i.e. bit of colour and a few prints even, different textures and fabrics). It may simply be no interest for Marie.
I agree Cinderella5X. We're comparing two women with different skin tones and figures. IMHO, each should dress in a manner that flatters their complexions, shapes and personalities.
The court will have advised them on what is appropriate and necesary for different engagements and events. The princesses can then take it from there.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

For some who seem to have nothing nice to say its like the world is ending.
That is rather an unfair comment, Zonk. I am a great fan of Princess Marie's but I have no reservations about making a valid critique where I think she hasn't done justice to her herself. Especially when it was largely the lighting that was the problem.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Royal Highness

I for one think that Marie is doing great as the "spare" princess, she seems to have a great variety of clothes for someone who doesn't have a huge budget for clothing like the crown princess
Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I for one think that Marie is doing great as the "spare" princess, she seems to have a great variety of clothes for someone who doesn't have a huge budget for clothing like the crown princess
auntie, how do you know how large her cloting budget is? Joachim is the one who has another income than the apanage, and now with the hotel opening, it will increase further. Joachims income might be considerable higher than the apanage of Frederik.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
7 Feb 2011, Marie at the Malene Birger fashion show

pic 1 *** pic 2*** pic 3

make-up
I like it, it's appropriate for the event and suits Marie well. She don't need famous designers clothes to look good, her style is natural and suit to her beauty type and character I think.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

That's why she was wearing designer clothes
Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
auntie, how do you know how large her cloting budget is? Joachim is the one who has another income than the apanage, and now with the hotel opening, it will increase further. Joachims income might be considerable higher than the apanage of Frederik.
What does Apange mean? And I'm sure that Joachim has plenty of investment money to pay off untill he starts making it, and he supports another family.(Alex and the boys)
Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
What does Apange mean? And I'm sure that Joachim has plenty of investment money to pay off untill he starts making it, and he supports another family.(Alex and the boys)
Apanage is the money he receives from the state.

Joachim already received Schackenborg quiet a while ago, I don't think there are that many investments he needs to make.
IIRC Alexandra received the house she now owns and a one time payment (from Joachim, I think he sold Schackenborg Inn to pay for the house). He also pays child support (IIRC 75000DKK per year, which would be 11000€ or 13000$ per year and child). He doesn't pay spousal support.
Alexandra still receives an apanage from the state only now she has to pay taxes.
IIRC Joachims apanage was increased again after he married Marie.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Marie should be her own person and wear her own style.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Marie should be her own person and wear her own style.
It is not what happen in one night or even in a year. I suppose she's still looking for it. She has some mistakes, but at least she's trying and that's great!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

She's been going for total black outfits way too often lately. She looked very stylish at the MB fashion show. Loved the up-do and make-up, I need a bit of colour though.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

Wait, Marie is using Anja as her stylist now? Isn't she CP Mary's stylist?
Old 02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
No harm for getting a new client
She can help them both.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Marie has a clean, sleek, glossy sense of style - which is very French. She needs to pay more attention to accessories. She has been attentive to the need to wear and carry gloves. Even though still youngish, she should always try to wear gloves and hats. As a commoner who won the lottery by winning a Royal prince, this should be an easy lesson for her to learn. Her manner is friendly and much better than that of the brittle, awkward Mary. A little more rounded and she will look naturally like a real royal. They are the only stars of the Danish royals but could turn up the volume.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
They only sat next to each other at a fashion show...
Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Aristocracy

14 Feb 2011, Marie at the 350th anniversary of High Court

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2011/PPE11021401.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2011/PPE11021416.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2011/PPE11021408.jpg
Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Marie at the 350th anniversary of High Court at Copenhagen University.

Pic1 - Pic2

Love this look, very stylish!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Love it, Marie is hitting her stride fashionwise. Love everything about this look.

Closed Thread