The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
White shoes before Memorial Day! Horrors, shanaz. But at the very least, that would maybe better than the ones she is wearing..
Err yeah but... Memorial day only works for the States, I'm not even sure when that is

But anyway, the other day stuck on traffic I was thinking about Marie's case. She is such a lovely lady, she always seems to be enjoying herself and having a lovely time with her husband and this hole business of being a princess that she almost makes me forget about the outfits.

It looks like she tries and tries, but she just keeps missing it, it doesn't seem like she has professional help or is she does it sucks! and she founds her self experimenting with outfits and at the same time trying not to look like Mary, but IMO , what works for the CP could actually work for Marie, because their frame is similar (not identical), Mary's skin is clearer( but it wasn't before) they both have simlar hair type, color, eye color and they are about the same age. In that visit to Paris we saw her pull out the parisian glam, and constantly we see elements of things that can work, but they end up not doing so and it's a shame.

We keep saying she is learning but she hasn't improved much and she has been a princess for what? almost two years. She does need a little bit of help, perhaps lend her another tiara punctualize this and that and she will be wonderful!!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
White shoes before Memorial Day! Horrors, shanaz. But at the very least, that would maybe be better than the ones she is wearing..
Memorial day is a US-American holiday and is not celebrated in Europe. So there is no rule to avoid wearing white shoes or something like this.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
White shoes before Memorial Day! Horrors, shanaz. But at the very least, that would maybe be better than the ones she is wearing..
We don't celebrate Memorial Day, however the shoes are nude not white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Princess Marie's outfit Tivoli during the Russian Return Event
Billed-Bladet - Returarrangement i Tivoli

A nice outfit except for the shoes which don't match and the too dark bag.
Horrible outfit for a dinner. The shoes are quite nice.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The whole outfit for the return dinner is horrid - from top to toe, every single item she's wearing is badly made, badly matched, wrong for the occasion, and wrong for her.
I have no idea why she keeps wearing shades of grey all the time anyway; with her coloring she should actually avoid them.
She's been a Princess for two years now, so the 'she's still finding her way' argument is becoming pointless. She's making the choices, and her choices of wardrobe and styling for the whole Russian state visit were pretty awful.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

May 9, 2010 - Marie on a tour in a well put together outfit. I like the jacket.

Full View ** Full View 2 ** Close Up

Later that day, the couple attended an award ceremony, Marie in a recycled black cocktail dress and a recycled black coat. She looked really nice, the dress does fit nicely.

Coat ** Dress
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

i liked the 1st outfit so much; the coat , the bag even her hair looks fresh and neat :) the best outfit so far
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 05-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Courtier

I think the events were on different days.
The black coat makes Marie look frumpy, it reminders me of Sargeant Pepper.

From what can be seen of the dress it looks lovely, although I have not seen a full length photo as yet.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

The black coat & dress are both fantastic! She looked really good.
As to the first outfit, I liked the grey jacket and the bag (is it a genuine Hermes bag?). Her trousers looked awful IMO.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like the first outfit, particularly the fact that she wears gloves. Not sure about the trousers and the necklace.

The black coat looks quite nice & elegant, but I dislike those shoes.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I like the first outfit, particularly the fact that she wears gloves. Not sure about the trousers and the necklace.

The black coat looks quite nice & elegant, but I dislike those shoes.

Yeah I agree the coat is nice, not very springy but still, the matchy-matchiness of the shoes and the coat is plain baaaad choice, and I'm not so sure about the dress, I think it doesn't feet her right
Old 05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

The coat and the dress are lovely, but I don't care for the shoes either. A pair of simple black heels would have been fine. I did love the day outfit, especially the coat. I'd love to have one just like it!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

All things considered she looks really well put together in these 2 outfits. She has really looked below par these last weeks and while the coat is a bit to jewleiefied for me it is black tie so that passes muster.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I don't like the first outfit with the trousers, the trousers are too long and appear baggy. I don't care for the white top showing below the jacket. Just my opinion, but it looks sloppy.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Nobility

I really love the black coat, I think it is very elegant.The short brown jacket for the daytime event is nice as well and i like the necklace she wore with it.Apparently it was very chilly for that daytime event,hence the sweater underneath.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like the first outfit but the second Joachim is in a tux and Marie looks like she hasn't tried.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Both outfits looks very good on Marie. I really like the first one. It's a good improvement on her day/casual working clothes. And I didn't think she looked sloppy.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

The first outfit is nice but I would wear it while running an errand. I loved the coat! I think she could've enhanced it more though. She shouldn't have chosen black shoes. It looks okay, but it's too safe. The dress was a turn-off. It was ugly. I think I had a dress like that back in '98. She really should have kept that in the closet.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't agree more, CP5! Marie seems to love those sexy low cut dresses... I find them unattractive on a Princess.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Nobility

I just saw a picture of Marie in the article Femina magazine did on her and she was dressed very elegantly.Stylish pants and a very pretty blouse.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Nobility

I love the necklace she wore today for the concert forr the Queen's birthday.

Closed Thread