The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Actually, this event took place at the French embassy in Copenhagen, not Paris. The trip to Paris was apparently cancelled because of the volcanic ashes!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
http://i44.tinypic.com/160a3c7.jpg

Princess Marie of Denmark attended an event in Paris.

I really love this look on Marie. Her dress is very flattering and teamed with the hair do she looks very professional
I thought it was a jacket and skirt..??? Doesn't matter I like it a lot, finally something more regal and classic and it suits her...beautiful

Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
Actually, this event took place at the French embassy in Copenhagen, not Paris. The trip to Paris was apparently cancelled because of the volcanic ashes!
The trip to Paris is actually scheduled for April 22, not sure if it is cancelled.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
http://i44.tinypic.com/160a3c7.jpg

Princess Marie of Denmark attended an event in Paris.

I really love this look on Marie. Her dress is very flattering and teamed with the hair do she looks very professional
I'm not sure about this look, don't like the fact that the jacket goes so close up to her neck.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

She does look better then she has in well an age, though I did like her City Hall outfit during the Queen's Weekend, what is she doing in Paris. I must say I like that he rhair is pulled back.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

The black suit with the colored piping is great. The cut of it is wonderful on her petite frame. Her hair is perfection & her makeup looks nice. She needs to buy several more of these outfits!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry. imo, no matter how hard Pr.Marie tries, she just never gets it quite right. She doesn't seem to have any sense of fashion, and she certainly has had enough time to develop it by now. There is always something lacking...
Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Commoner

It seems like she is towards the end of the transition from being a normal person to someone whose every move is admired and critiqued. She is probably working out what outfits work better than others and now realises that some of her previous outfits are too casual for the occasion but she does look lovely. After watching her in the weekly Danish family episodes, I am liking her more. She seems warm and very charming.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I am sorry. imo, no matter how hard Pr.Marie tries, she just never gets it quite right. She doesn't seem to have any sense of fashion, and she certainly has had enough time to develop it by now. There is always something lacking...
Maybe she is not into fashion nor really cares about it like others. We dont all have that thing for it and I like her for not trying to hard to please. She seems to be in what she thinks is comftable which we might not like.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree udyusa never quite right and just missing a key ingredient or there is too mush of something be it colour or whatever.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought this look was a little better and thats it!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you on that, rubies. However, only if it was worn in the Fall or Winter. It certainly does not look very Spring-like, imho.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Courtier

You can see better pics of Princess Marie 's last outfit
Marie de Danemark Ã* une réunion Ã* l’ambassade de France | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 04-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
A bad overall look indeed.
The choice of overpowering 80s silhouette, which she seems to prefer for some odd reason in her daywear as well, is all wrong for petite Marie, and here it does not help that the dress is very badly fitted, too wide and too long.
Obviously not the best quality fabric either, which has no flow, and along with a hairdo which doesn't flatter the tiara or the neckline, a sash which isn't quite placed right, and those peep-toe sandals, it's a decidedly poor gala look.
Thumbs down.
Another pic:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Dinner
Had Marie worn her hair up, it would've just made her look like a character out of "Dynasty". You are right, this gown does nothing for her.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Maybe she is not into fashion nor really cares about it like others. We dont all have that thing for it and I like her for not trying to hard to please. She seems to be in what she thinks is comftable which we might not like.
I didn't know Marie before I joined the RF's and I think this is exactly the reason why I like her. She's not pretending to be someone else after her marriage to the prince, as it seems. Low-key and natural. Personally, I admire her for this and to be honest, Mary's perfection has started becoming boring and even tiring for me. I just think she tries too hard, unnecessarily too hard sometimes. JMHO
Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Courtier

I think this "low-key and natural", "not pretending to be someone else" or "not caring about fashion" has become a clichee.
Which of her dresses during Margrethe's birthday week or of the many, many evening gowns we have seen so far was low-key and natural, may I ask? Which would she have worn before she became a princess? Which one gave the impression she doesn't care how she looks?
IMO Marie chooses dresses she likes and which suit her new position (but not necessarily her). It's just that her fashion choices are not to everybody's taste. I actually see her as a woman with interest in fashion but not much talent for it.

The problem I personally have with her choices is that many of her day time outfits are far too simple, even sloppy at times, whereas many of her evening gowns scream: Disney princess. And there is an un-evenness in her self-presentation and an accumulation of different fashion styles (the 3 evening gowns during QM birthday week show this very well, were they really chosen by 1 person?). But imperfection is certainly more entertaining than perfection.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think you are correct ricarda and I have said as much myself. I don't think Marie had a great deal of sense in the fashion department before her marriage and this has not changed any since her marriage.All her choices are questionable and the white was too white, toobig in appearance on her frame, and and too unassisted in all departments. Does she have a stylist, one would hope no, because otherwise it'e a disgrace. IMO
Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I have said so as well. I cannot imagine that she has a stylist as a proper stylist would not allow her subject to always look so unpolished. Nothing ever seems to fit Marie correctly and her choices always seem to have something not quite right... A shame really, as she certainly has the opportunity to hire someone to help give her that Special look.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Gentry

from the official site of Danish monarchy
http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=28-04-2010 Official

from Billed-Bladet
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Maries mange kjoler

beautiful pics
Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
A bad overall look indeed.
The choice of overpowering 80s silhouette, which she seems to prefer for some odd reason in her daywear as well, is all wrong for petite Marie, and here it does not help that the dress is very badly fitted, too wide and too long.
Obviously not the best quality fabric either, which has no flow, and along with a hairdo which doesn't flatter the tiara or the neckline, a sash which isn't quite placed right, and those peep-toe sandals, it's a decidedly poor gala look.
Thumbs down.
Another pic:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Dinner
That is one "Look" I cannot find anything nice to say about. She looks like she's wearing a bulky nightgown for heavens sake, and her hair looks scruffy and the tiara perched on her head as an afterthought. Take away the tiara and susbstitue jeans and boots and she would look like she'd just romped in from a country ramble!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle 53
The new official photos on the royal website look lovely. Whist I may have an issue with the gold braid on the neckline, the hair, tiara and earrings look beautiful and the soft colour of the gown really flattered her skin tone but, as the phots from Billed-Bladet show, she is really hit and miss. The pale blush version of the dress she wore at the Queen's Birthday celebration looks every bit as much as a negligee. Many fo the gala/evening gown's in the slide show were ruined by the superfluous addition of yet more gold braid or lace. However, the fifth photo from the end of the slide show was a surprise! She almost had the Audrey Hepburn "look" totally nailed so the jury is still out!