Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 4: March 2010 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't make up my mind about this dress. It's very Princess Diana. White looks great on Marie and her hair and makeup are beautiful. Maybe after a few more pictures I'll be able to make up my mind.

Another picture of the dress
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/070y237aUcaTf/x610.jpg
I really like Marie's hairdo and make-up tonight. The dress is interesting.

The dress idea is interesting but the fabric used is not the right choice and the finishing doesnt seem to be that good. The cuffs on the sleeves look quite old for Marie.
I like the white, she pulls it off really well. Not liking the shoes which seem suitable for a cocktail and not a gala.
The hair is lovely, quite young and looks really nice with the tiara. I love how simple the make up is and how fresh she looks.

matronly, badly tailored, fabric too heavy ... Marie is far too petite for this kind dress that looks, as others already said, like from a car boot sale of Diana's 2nd hand dresses.

Marie hardly gets it right but she probably doesnt aim to. Hopefully the gala is over soon and she can get back to her first job as Lady of the Manor.

A bad overall look indeed.
The choice of overpowering 80s silhouette, which she seems to prefer for some odd reason in her daywear as well, is all wrong for petite Marie, and here it does not help that the dress is very badly fitted, too wide and too long.
Obviously not the best quality fabric either, which has no flow, and along with a hairdo which doesn't flatter the tiara or the neckline, a sash which isn't quite placed right, and those peep-toe sandals, it's a decidedly poor gala look.
Thumbs down.
Another pic:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=44726&zoektype=2&search=13-04-2010 Dinner

i actually like it. its interesting to look at without being outlandish. i kinda like that she has worn something unusual. good for her

I think it looks like a nightgown. It just doesn't fit. Without the sleeves it would be okay, but still I don't like the colour. It should have been cream-coloured, but not this kind of white.
The rest is beautiful as always.

I think she looks good but the dress isn't so great. Looks to matronly and makes her look old

:previous: I agree with you, 4Pam. She looks beautiful, her hairdo and make-up are lovely and the jewells are wonderful; the dress, on the other hand, is nice, but it doesn´t look very good on her, especially the sleeves. I think they look quite odd for a gala gown.

Didn't like the Gala dress it looked too informal in my mind. She does like looking like s bride.

I think Marie looks beautiful - particularly the hair and makeup. I actually quite like the white dress but I do think it would probably look better without the long sleeves.

I agree - without the sleeves the gown would be better. But the color suits her, nice make-up and original hairdo.:flowers:

well Marie has a wonderful figure she should enhance it a bit more..I don't want to compare but Mary always enhance her figure very well with her dresses so they can adjust to her body, maybe Marie could do the same because her dresses always look too big for her!
I don't like the colour of the dress it is to shinny, although I think she looks good in white, and I really don't like the dress it is not a modern dress..:ROFLMAO:

For tonight's gala Marie wore a new red dress:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig.../Glimtende diademer/Glimtende diademer 1.ashx
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig.../Glimtende diademer/Glimtende diademer 2.ashx

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/19781318.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/19781147.jpg

The colour is great on Marie. I don't really like the details of the dress. It doesn't look really good in close-ups.
Her hairdo is lovely and the cut of the dress' skirt is great.

Last edited:
The straps are what distracts from the dress, I think. But everything else about the dress I like. Color is great on her. You are right, Her Majesty, the dress looks better from a distance.

:previous:

Indeed, the straps attracted my attention immediately when I saw the close up. And I didn't like them. But that colour looks fabulous on her!!! :flowers:
Apart from the details I like the dress' cut and Marie's hairdo.

Colour - good as red is always a winner and stands out
I like the cut of the dress but the material looks cheap and im not keen on the details and the belt seems pointless
Her hair is nicely styled with the tiara

I love how Marie carries herself. She poses very elegantly & delicately. The red dress looks very beautiful on her & the colour suits her well. I agree that the fabric of the dress could be alot richer.
Im probably in the minority, but I loved the white gown from yesterday. I reminded my of a Halston that I saw once, it fit her petite frame beautifully.:flowers:

The cut & color of the dress are wonderful on Marie. I would tend to agree that the fabric is not the greatest. Her hair, makeup and jewels are lovely also.

OK Marie can't dress and her stylish needs to be stoned !!!! Marie if your out there please go hire Mary's stylist PLEASE

This dress reminds me a lot of her wedding dress for some reason.
I like the color & it does look good on her. She looks quite confidence in this dress which shows her figure nicely. The detailing is poor and im not liking the lace inserts on the sides. The decollate could have been a bit more revealing.

Hair is quite pretty so is the make up.

I like the color and the cut, especially the train, but the belt and the lace details are ugly. Nice hairdo and make-up.

I like the colour and her hairdo and make up are beautiful but i don't like the dress itself on Marie. Something a little less hollywood, would've been nice.

:previous: I agree with you, Lumutqueen, I also think that this dress is a bit too "Hollywood". I love the colour and the skirt´s shape is just wonderful. Pretty hairdo as well. But the top part ruins the whole look, what a shame :ermm:

Princess Mary's ensemble is all right. There is something off with the whole look. I can not tell what exactly. Fabric the dress (?) is made of looks cheap as usual.

I think that she usually wears nice things but she hasn't got the attitude to match the clothes.
And I dislike the hat, the rest is ok except the belt that it's too casual imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom