Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 4: March 2010 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a beautiful summer dress and she suits those colours.

i really liked the tailleur + pillow hat combo of last week. i think it looks just fine, the fact that the tailleur isn't too flashy is good to not imitate the "jackie" image too much.

not so sure about the gala dress. i think a monotone colour would have looked better but marie still pulls it off.

I love the dress. The print and colors are great.

Marie looked great in that dress but I'm personally not keen on the straps - it's too close to a halter top. Her hair also looked lovely.

:previous:

Exactly, and I think that it doesn't suit particularly petite women because it shortens the body. It's a pity that she chose those shoes.

Anyway the colour is beautiful, and for the first time I think that Marie was really trying not to dress old. Her hair and make up are very refreshing, and she did look terrific in this summer dress. Well done.

Last edited:
I loved the halter dress, the colors in the floral pattern were lovely on her and the cut looked good on Marie. Young and refreshing and perfectly appropriate for the occasion. I'll have to say that she's getting better and better at "royal" dressing, but keeping her own style. I really am starting to like her more and more.

Marie's fashion style has improved so much lately. I love this latest dress she wore.

Official Visit to Brazil

Day 1 Outfit

Billed-Bladet - Joachim og Marie indtog Brasilien
Visit to a Scandinavian Church in Sao Paula. Beautiful outfit!:flowers:

Day 2 outfit
I like the outfit but considering that her husband is in a formal suit and they were on their way to meet Sao Paulo's Mayor Gilberto Kassab, I think that the outfit is far too casual for meeting a government official. That being said, the outfit was appropriate for the other engagements during the day.

Great outfit. I like the contrasting blue and white.

The blue & white outfit is really nice, looks professional though its sleeveless. I like the hair as well.

The second outfit is boring, colorless & IMO not suitable for a princess on an official visit or at least lets say visiting the Mayor.

I like both outfits, but I don't think they are right for an official visit. Especially the second one.

Marie is fabulously attired as always . She has such elegance and class, unlike her S-I-L (IMVHO, of course):flowers:

There's no need to compare HRH Crown Princess Mary with HRH Princess Marie. They are both different women with different personalities, styles and positions in the royal family. Crown Princess Mary dresses as the Crown Princess that she is and as the future Queen that she will be. CP Mary is the epitome of class and elegance!:flowers::) Princess Marie has a supporting role in the royal family and has a far less casual style. Her style is casual, sexy, girly and sweet!:p
I think it would be very boring if both women dressed in the same way as if they are Siamese twins. Yes, they look alike but they are very different personality wise. And the DRF are very lucky that these 2 women are a part of the family!:)

Do not know what to say about her outfits for this trip.
She always looks nice, make up, hair, accessories etc.

It is probably hot there, but she seems a little bit too casual compared
to her husband.

Marie looks lovely in this blue/white outfit.

Marie has a quiet style the outfits don't say anything really the dress at the soccer photo shoot is really more cocktail material the suit was nice nothing special though and the little cream/blue on day2 was ok ...... please no comparing M/M that is a no win situation and sems to drag on to no good end IMO

I love the halter dress she wore. I agree this last outfit is a bit too casual but it's still nice.

I liked all her outfits on this visit, except the beige one - very boring.
I wonder if Marie uses Mary's stylist sometimes or if she's just on her own.

I would doubt that Marie uses Mary's stylist! Being a stylist to the CP is a full time job in itself. It appears to me that Marie is more or less on her own with just a bit of help from someone...

:previous: If this would be the case, then I think she looks pretty okay. I still think she will find her own style and honestly - before Mary married Frederik her style was much worse, IMHO. But as Terri Terri said earlier in this thread there's no need to compare both women. Mary is absolutely elegant most of the time, Marie still a bit more girly. Why not? :p

I liked the outfits from the visit to Brasil, though some of them were a tad too casual perhaps.

I like both outfits, the Day 1 blue top and the Day 2 clutch in particular. Marie looked lovely!

I would doubt that Marie uses Mary's stylist! Being a stylist to the CP is a full time job in itself. It appears to me that Marie is more or less on her own with just a bit of help from someone...
Well! Perhaps Mary could let her borrow her stylist at least on important overseas visits.
Anyway I think Marie is doing okay and I like that she dresses differently than Mary, otherwise it might get boring if they had the exact same tastes.

I like the last four outfits she wore in Brazil the best.

I agree. I didn't like the top or skirt in the first picture and the dress in the second picture would have been nice, but it was too tight on Marie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom