Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 3: August 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Marie's evening gowns to her day looks and cocktail dresses. There always seems to be something not right. I hate that I sound so picky, but I don't know. Her evening gowns I think she does well with.Good colors, nice hair and make-up.

It seems to me as if Marie is still searching for "her" own royal style. She seems to be experimenting with many various necklines and skirt styles....not really knowing what looks best on her yet. Lets hope she gets an excellent stylist who can help her find her own unique style.

Her evening gowns are fantastic but, her day look isn't good like her evening gowns, IMO.

Beautiful dresses almost all of them.The blue one,in the 1st picture,is my top favorite.She looked fantastic!

Well,it's a nice coat,if you think about it:it was cold and she went to see a game.I wouldn't ask for anything more.Nice scarf and beautiful bag(I think we have seen it before)!

I love Marie´s casual clothes! This outfit is great, I like everything: coat, scarf, pants and boots :flowers:

That was last year, but my memory is failing me a bit, sorry. Maybe the end of the militry tatoo???? It was something that the whole DRF was involved with.

The "sporting event" outfit looked good IMO. Fitting and appropriate. Nice scarf on her.

According to BB, the two layerd dress worn to the wedding in France was deigned by Danish fashin designer Rikke Gudnitz and it was a couture gown.
The dress was two layers with silk gown and a deep layer of silk chiffon.

Article (English) ** Designer's site

Thank you for the links,Dazzling!I discovered another Danish brand recently,"Sand".Their clothes are fresh,yet feminine,and I think they would look perfect on Marie.I wonder if she knows that...he he

I love this dress and this purple/plum hue,too,Dierna.But you can see that she didn't combine it nicely with these awful stockings and shoes.It automatically loses its beauty...Let's hope she recycles it in the best possible way in the near future!

Oct 22, 2009 - Marie at an event in a head to toe black, pants, jacket and shirt. The jacket looks nice but I dont like the overall.

Full View ** Close Up ** Clutch

Oct 22, 2009 - Marie at an event in a head to toe black, pants, jacket and shirt. The jacket looks nice but I dont like the overall.

I don't find her elegant, even if sometimes she is well dressed, she always seems overlooked, not natural, in french "endimanchée"= dressed for sunday to go to churh ....her behaviour, she doesn't seems natural, easy....maybe because she just begin as a princess..let's see

I love this look, very in 'my style' :). Fantastic elegant jacket combined with black shirt and trousers. The hairdo and the clutch are amazing.

I like the jacket, but combined with the black top it looks too dark.

I don't like the overall dark look here - maybe it's her idea of what to wear to a 'serious' event, but it's simply dreary. Like some wannabe business manager on her way to an important meeting.
The jacket has nice, sharp tailoring but it is way too large. The big shoulder pads and sleeves look almost comical on petite Marie. The only spot where it fits is the waist.

Way too dark!!The jacket looks funny,I agree with Boris.
I think I only like the clutch this time.

I like the jacket (minus the shoulder pads and shiny fabric). It looks like it was tailored for her frame, and it fits her well. I also like her hair and clutch, but I agree with the other posters. The outfit needs a bit more color. A brighter blouse would have looked nice underneath the jacket. I do think, though, that she is still trying to find her style, and figure out what works for her. I can relate in some ways. I have a similar body type, and when I wear suits, I often feel like I look like a little girl playing dress-up. It can be difficult to find business attire when you are petite; however, Marie has the luxury of having the clothes designed by the world's best designers available to her. I think that she will ultimately hit her stride, fashion-wise.

Just too black for my taste. ;) I don't like the shiny fabric of the jacket nor the shoulder pats. :argh: Surely not one of her best.

This look does not work for me and I think if a different top had been chosen this may have solved the problem. It is too dark and altogether unflattering and she has a really nice figure it is such a shame she has been unable to hit her fashion stride. IMO

I like the dramatic lines of the jacket- but have never been a fan of evening tuxedo dressing for women- especially royalty (diana didnt even pull it off well imo). Wrong blouse on many levels, (color, design, fabric....) LOVE the clutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom